RC, Time to Reformat the Hard Drive

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keokiswahine
RC, I got all my files and stuff deleted. Ready to re-format the hard drive to my old computer whenever you show up. confused confused

Ratcat
Hehe, Ok, this could get interesting.

Right.
reboot PC
When DOS promSHould get a CermWINDOPWS\COMMAND prompt
Tyope FORMAT C:
Say yes at warning
Let drive Format.
Prompt for Drive Name, just hit Enter
Insert Windows CD
Type EermSETUP

keokiswahine
You finally found this thread. Great. I started without you, with the help of another buddy by ICQ, cause I didn't see you online yet. Setup went great with your magic win98 systems disk. Win95 loaded ok. Am fighting with the printer cdrom right now. Maybe I should load the drivers cdrom first?

Thanks so much.

Ratcat
Sorry Keo, I didn't know about this thing until Thursday. sad

keokiswahine
RC, that means you weren't paying attention when we decided together that you were too tired last week Sunday and I wasn't done dumping files, and we decided today at 10 AM my time, 8 PM your time. But am glad you did show up.

My printer won't print, so gotta check the cords, etc.
Decided not to load the drivers cdrom because it's all about sound, multimedia, and the speakers, and my sound card died awhile back.

Loading word97 right now.

Unless you're very tired, please don't leave yet. My other computer guru had to do something and won't be back for another 2 hours. That leaves you to help me finish loading all the stuff. OK, please???

Ushgarak
Ummm... guess I can help best I can, Keo. I'll hang around for a little bit to see if you are still here.

keokiswahine
Ush, thank you for staying with me.

Ush, Word97 loaded ok.

I still cannot get the printer to print. The on/off button on this Lexmark printer just flashes. I rebooted, and all the icons are in the right place. I can't even turn it off completely so that the printer boots itself.

Ushgarak
Everything going well right now? Printer still kaput?

keokiswahine
printer still kaput. Guess I'll have to look for the book. At least windows and word works.

thanks for being here, Ush, I'm going to give up for the moment. Please resume your life. big grin big grin wink I'll get back with you folks on this problem later.

Ushgarak
Sure thing, Keo. Good luck to you.

keokiswahine
UPDATE. PRINTER IS WORKING. wooohoooooo

Ratcat
Sorry Keo, you misundersttod. I didn't know about this party until Thursday. Unfortunately Mandy had already accepted the invite for us.

*Feels doubly bad now*

keokiswahine
RC, all is fine, you don't hafta feel bad about anything. big grin

Ratcat
*Feels Better* smile

keokiswahine
all's well that ends well. The comp and printer are ready to be delivered, thanks to everyone. rolling on floor laughing

Does anyone have a Compaq 1215US? How do you like it? I was thinking of getting one to take on our vacation. That way, I can use my cell as the ISP and keep in touch while I'm gone on holiday in Oct. Will be in the booooonies of upstate New York. confused

phinney6
ok............your welcome

Ratcat
Couldn't have done it without you Phin.

keokiswahine
thanks, phin big grin

keokiswahine
Got the old computer over to Tiffany's house yesterday. It's all hooked up and she's all set to do her homework. She is so happy. Her dad will order up the cable modem now.

Thanks everyone. You've made one teenage gal very happy. Since she broke up with her boyfriend in July (he was ok, but not the best inspiration for a happy future), she's been trying to keep herself busy, and when she has her cable modem hooked up, she'll be surfing the web when she's not busy with church and school and family activities. and she won't have to go to the public library and wait in line. smile smile rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing smokin'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.