MAUSOLEUM SABRE DUEL- Galder vs. Wraith

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
THE SET-UP: Under conditions of extreme secrecy, the Dark Siders are preparing their final move towards victory in the form of the Mausoleum. Training is forming an important part of this and, as part of this training, Galder and Wraith are facing off in a practice duel for sheer renown- a duel to prove superiority only. The fight is inside a large cave with many onlookers forming a circular arena.

HOW THIS WORKS: Rex knows duels like the back of his hand, and I am sure Wraith needs no in-depth reminders now- attack, defend then swtich; winner will be decided onm skill fo combating, quality and appropiriateness of post and random factor ties go with attacker; winner of a round scores a point, first with at keast five points and leading by two or more points wins.

As a practice duel, unless one (or both) of you choses to make it serious, you cannot be injured in this fight, nor can you flee.

ANALYSIS: Evens! Lots of fun. Galder is younger and more talented with a blade but Wraith's experience and skill counteratcs that exactly, and they are both equally fit. Onlookers may attach some value to Rex's great experience of the duelling system though!

Galder goes first.

Score: Galder- 0, Wraith- 0

Galder to attack

Captain REX
"Since you have requested it, we fight with one blade, Wraith," Galder says, putting away his blue lightsaber. He keeps his red lightsaber held out in front of him. He closes his eyes for a moment and sifts through things that have made him angry...Master Marcus, Faylar, Persis, Saar...especially Saar...and lets his anger take hold of him.

He charges at Wraith and uses all of his might to smash Wraith's blade backwards and into Wraith himself. He then forces his blade past for a strong jab.

genral zink
Wraith spins to the side to avoid being slashed and skewered by Galder, and tries to get to Galder's backside, slashing his green blade for Galder's legs.

Ushgarak
Good Lord, you are both on!

How do these fights work again? I am full of Matrix... it's actually a very similar system, did you know?

Oh yes, I remember.

Damn it, Galder, you didn't get the flow right... you seemed to distract yourself more than focus. Wraith's sideslip is exquisitely timed and he does indeed slip around behind you!

Score: Galder- 0, Wraith- 1

Wraith to attack

genral zink
While he is still behind Galder, he jumps up and kicks downwards on Galder's spine, holding his lightsaber in a position that would force Galder's blade downwards into the ground if he moves to the side.

Captain REX
Galder moves forwards, and then spins 180 degrees to meet Wraith with a powerful blow.

Ushgarak
Galder's reflexes have become VERY honed in his fights. He is diving forwards even before you start your move, Wraith, and you hit nothing but air as Galder spins and faces.

Score: Galder- 1, Wraith- 1

Galder to attack

Captain REX
Galder locks blades with Wraith, and tries to twist the blade from Wraith's grip, counterclockwise. If that doesn't succeed, he pulls out his second saber and turns it on, jabbing at Wraith's ribcage.

genral zink
Wraith forces Galder's blade clockwise rather than have his own blade removed from his grip. When Galder pulls out the other lightsaber and jabs, Wraith spins to the side again and strikes at Galder's flank.

Ushgarak
Now... that is a little difficult for me to interpret. Your clockwise, Wraith, is Galder's anti-clockwise. I do not know if you were trying to defeat the momentum or flow with it.

Neither of you gain a great advantage. But when Galder activates his second sabre, he gets a blow in that just makes you fall back a little, Wraith., prompting you to need to make a reply...

Round drawn- goes with attacker.

Score: Galder- 2, Wraith- 1

Wraith to attack

genral zink
"Going back on your word, Galder...not surprising..." Wraith says. He ignites his blue blade and screws the green and blue sabers together, making a double-edged lightsaber. He charges at Galder, spinning like a top with the blades horizontal, aiming for Galder's neck.

Captain REX
"Of course, you think I'd play fair?" Galder asks with a grin. He gets as low as possible to avoid the spinning blades, and jabs a blade up to abruptly stop the momentum.

Ushgarak
This abrupt change in tactics changes things somewhat! Still, maybe you are unsused t such things, Wraith; Galder manages to just duck under your attack and then when he brings up his blade to check your momentum a new opportunity is opened for him...

Score: Galder- 3, Wraith- 1

Galder to attack

Captain REX
Galder slams his blades into Wraith's double-edged lightsaber, position in the picture. He tries to twist Wraith's double-edged staff from his hands.

Captain REX
Here's the picture, if you don't get what I mean...

genral zink
Wraith goes with the momentum and spins his blade around, aiming to cut off Galder's hands.

Ushgarak
Ok... I am but flummoxed at that. Lemme think about it for a little bit...

Captain REX
laughing out loud

Ushgarak
Ok! I think cutting off Galder's hands was never going to happen, but going with the momentum is a good move. With Wraith at the centre of the axis, Galder's outstretched arms will nhever keep up, and he is almost thrown clear.

Score: Galder- 3, Wraith- 2

Wraith to attack

genral zink
Wraith unclips his two lightsabers and charges at Galder, slamming his blades downards to force Galder's blades towards his shoulders. He then kicks at Galder's shins.

Captain REX
Galder strafes to avoid Wraith's slam, and then goes to the side and jump kicks at Wraith's ribcage.

Ushgarak
Ahh, a classic power blow from Wraith- that Galder is more than ready for. He slips neatly away to one side, and now Wraith is exposed...

Score: Galder- 4, Wraith- 2

Galder to attack. Match point to Galder.

Captain REX
Galder spins around and swipes with his left saber at Wraith's ribcage and his right saber at Wraith's neck. If Wraith retreats, he barges at him with a shoulder to the chest.

genral zink
Wraith jumps to the side and goes into a roll.

Ushgarak
You roll, the blow misses, come to a stand, block Galder's next blow... but you overbalance, and fall back! Ands as you trip to the ground, Galder stands above you, sabre pointed at your throat...

Round Drawn. Goes with attacker.

Match to Galder.

Baylin
Good fight chaps!

Captain REX
Hah! I point my saber at people's throats alot... :eviil:

genral zink
Unfortunately... sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.