What colour would YOUR lightsaber be?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ratcat
Mine would be a deep red, not Maul red but more a maroon.

Smart people might see where this is going smile

Dim
Mine would be a lovely hue of gold...smile

*looks around confused* I feel dumb.

Ratcat
OK, That works.....

theEviljedi
Mine would be black.

King Jedi
Mine would be white or red.

theEviljedi
White if I was a good guy black if I was bad is what I should have said.

Xantos Clone
How about like a 'moodring' it would change color depending on your mood....(ok, that's gay)

mine would be Silver with traces of black !! and I would hold it with the blade facing down and strike in an upward attack.....

theEviljedi
That's not gay.It's actually pretty cool.

TLeeT2012
Mine would be orangish red. It would be more orange when just held like in a stance but would fade into a brighter red when swung.

Dim
a mood ring effect is an interesting concept...

And for the record boys...color of a lightsaber has nothing to do with sexual orientation...so let's just leave that out of the conversation smile

Ratcat
Oh Pleeeeze. Must get rid of that pink shirt, oh and must stop drying my hair with a hair drier, oh and must stop drinking barcardi and coke.

Just some of the "Gay" things I've heard in the past!

And any way, so what if someone is Gay, in the year 2000 I thought the world had moved on.

Rat "I'm as straight as an arrow" Cat

Dim
RC you're not on me about it are you?...I feel the same way you do...

Jedi Mercenary
mine would have to be a light, light orange

Jedimaster3838
I've always been a big fan of blue, but it hasn't worked for those of that color so well ie Luke's hand and OB1 losing his against Darth Maul, but I like blue.

King Jedi
The new select pic shows that Anakins is blue.

Ratcat
Dim,
no not you, just the posts slightly north of yours. I don't think there was any intentional prejudice there but the fact that it was even mention shows the potential.

theEviljedi
By who?

Ratcat
The "is that gay" question could be considered rather offensive by some.

theEviljedi
By who?Xantos Clone?

Ratcat
Yes!!!

And I now inflict my new sig on you!!!

theEviljedi
Cool.Well what about mine?

Dim
Hehehe...make your own!!! stick out tongue Cool RC...can mine be glowy gold?

theEviljedi
What do you mean?I did make my own.I want mine black RC.

Dim
I meant the lightsaber EJ...

theEviljedi
Oh ok.smile

Ratcat
I'll make some up.

EJ & Dim get the first ones.

I wanted to do a composite with the name and sabre as an image but getting the transparent backgrounds to work right was taking too long.

Maybe later.

Dim
Oh yeah...Hmmmmm, I guess you can't use bitmap or eps files can we? Crap, that means you have to redo them if we change the boards...Thanks though RC...very nice!

Ratcat
The sabre's will work on any board as they have transparent backgrounds. They're GIFs and they are less that 1.5K each.

Dim and EJ, I've done one each for you two. See what you think.

www.episode-2.co.uk/ezboardsigs/

theEviljedi
Nothing changed on mine.

Ratcat
It should have a black saber now instead of the lines. Try doing a refresh on your browser.

Dim
Testing...

Ratcat
Hey, it worked.

Dim
Cool....hey RC...my saber is bigger than yours!..or maybe it's just my name....

Ratcat
Actually they are ALL exactly 222 pixels long. Nice try smile

Handles = 47 pixels

blades = 175 pixels

Ratcat
If you have the right fonts installed then your name is larger.

Dim
yeah my name is really big...

Ratcat
I'll refraim from comment. Has EJ sorted himself out yet. He said he couldn't see his saber ?

Dim
I don't know...he should just try to post it..Mine took a sec to load the first time.

theEviljedi
Well here it goes.

theEviljedi
sad

theEviljedi
What am I doing wrong? Nothing ever works for me

Xantos Clone
ok ok ok ....hold on folks!!!

IT WAS A FIGURE OF SPEACH....a slang if you will....in America it is like saying 'laym....or something...'

honestly...I meant NO disrespect! even gay people use that expression alot here in the states...really..it's shows how open and comfortable we are with our sexuality....

Gay people are kool man!!! I have no problem with them at all....

(Let's all hold hands and sing kum-by-ya)

Xantos Clone
Ratcat...Dim....

Honestly, I think children viewing this forun would be more shocked to see the "I'm going to get naked" comments mentioned several times rather than the "gay" thing....I think most people understand the intent I was using and would not take offence to it...let's not take it out of context and try to relax about it.(like you said Rat, it's the year 2000...we should not be so sensitive about that kind of thing) It would seam that more 'straight' people would be offended anyway...

don't want to split hairs here...just defending myself.

"it is unwise to lower your defences"

DON'T SHOOT...I'M NOT DR LAURA!!!!

Jedi Mercenary
WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU ALL TALKING ABOUT????

Xantos Clone
JM...go back and read prev pages....

Ratcat
And it sparked some nice dicussion too.

Sorry XC, I just made some off the cuff comment about pink shirts, etc and it snowballed. I think I'll just keep my big mouth shut from now on!!!

Dim
"even gay people use that expression alot here in the states...really..it's shows how open and comfortable we are with our sexuality...."

XC...sorry, I don't agree. And I don't here people say it because the way you and EJ used the term it meant stupid...
I've heard lots of gays say queer, queen and flaming but never have I heard gay used like that...

I'm not trying to pick a fight and don't get me wrong I don't in ANY way think you and EJ are somekind of hatemonger or anything...I just thought I should mention it..I think you two are awesome...

As for the naked part...it seemed accepted on the forum...because it's not explicite, but I'll refrain from those kind of cracks...I don't want people to get offended and run away..smile

Ratcat
Guys, Girls, look it wasn't more than a ribbing. If anyone had been seriously offended by what anyone else had said this place would have caught alight.

No lets get back on topic cops if anyone else wants to comment on Saber colours they can. Also anything else on Saber sigs, stick it in the GDF or something.

King Jedi
Who stole everyones sense of humor? A lot of people I know use that phrase that XC used and nobody minds.
Ratcat- Please don't go to the trouble of making me a sig because I don't really need one.

Ratcat
No probs, I know they're a matter of taste. Look's like it's me and you Dim...

Dim
Guess so RC...I made my name a little smaller...I felt kind of brazen with it being that big...I hope you don't mind...How does it look now?

Xantos Clone
let's pass the peace sphere around....

Ratcat
Dim,

Hey it's your sig. You do realsie that to be a true Jedi you should build your own saber smile

XC,

Good Call!!

Dim
...but I like my saber he way it is...What kills me is that I can't find the brush script font to see my own name right...suck.

I'm peaceful...I love you guys...smile

Ratcat
Mail me and I'll send it to you.

Dim
Thanks RC smile

theEviljedi
Hey Dim what did I do?I never said anything bad about gay people.

Dim
I know EJ..you just used gay as a synonym for stupid...Don't worry about it. It's over now...

theEviljedi
No I didn't.He said no thats gay and I said it's not gay it's cool.I don't hate gays anyway.I was just saying it was not "gay" as in what he thought.

Dim
Okay okay...calm down...EJ, I've always thought you were a wonderful person. You don't seem the sort to hate anybody...I think XC is wonderful too...RC and I were just trying to make a little point,.. not big deal and no harm done...Okay?

theEviljedi
Yeah I know.I just didn't want to get involved with it.

Darth Heinous
It doesn't really matter to me what color my lightsaber is (if I had one). A lightsaber is a lightsaber. However my significant other's favorite color is deep purple, so I would choose deep purple just for her.

King Jedi
Dim you are right EJ is a wonderfull personsmile

Ratcat
Yeah, one in a million.

theEviljedi
King Jedi?Is that really you?Did aliens take your body?Anyway thanks for the complement.smile

Ratcat
Personally I think he was possessed.

King Jedi
It wasn't me it was my brother who was using my computersmile

theEviljedi
Well I do have a brother.What is your story.I also have a sister.

Ratcat
From here omn it it went from bad to worse.

Raz
This is really off topic! Closing topic.

BTW. I'm going to create a test forum, so you can test your sigs there, instead of cluttering the threads.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.