What graphics card?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

What graphics card do you all have on your computers?

I have a ati mobility 7500 for my thinkpad

BackFire
Well, I'll just list all my components.

I have a Dell PC

1.6GHZ processor

512MB pc 133 ram

40 Gig HD

ATI Radeon 9600pro 128MB graphics card.

Tex
My computer is worthless, so I really dont play any games on it, so I wouldn't know the first thing about my graphics card embarrasment

BackFire
I need a new pc for half life 2 and doom 3, my ram and processor are crap, for some reason it doesn't perform as well as it should.

Damn Dell for making it impossible to upgrade anything besides the graphics card.

Tex
Quit ya bitchin! My computer freezes up when I try to play Solitare! stick out tongue

BackFire
laughing out loud

But I'm a hardcore PC gamer, it's my main medium for gaming. I need to upgrade if I plan on playing half life 2 or doom 3.

slayer
I wouldn't have a clue.

vvvrulz
64megs DDR GeForce 2
Its reliable. But online gaming is a worry, lags hard on 56k.

How i dream of dsl.. ahhh...

Ass Goblin
128 mb Radeon 9100 smile

Lord_Andres

Lord_Andres
the CPU is a P4

Hegemon875
I have a GeForce FX 5200 Ultra with 128MB DDR. Is that a good or bad card? huh

Lord_Andres
It's not that good, mine is better, but it's not that bad either, I would compare it with a GeForce Ti 4200

Fire
well
1.4 Ghz
40GB HD
256MB DDR ram
GeForce 4 128mb

Hegemon875
So as far as a graphic card goes I'm in the middle?

KidRock
radeon 9800 pro smile the good stuff

Ass Goblin
Radeon Vs Geforce? who is the best

BackFire
Radeon right now.

i wanna upgrade to the radeon mobility 9500 but it's like impossible to do on a laptop, and it'd cause a shitload of money. Damnit!

BackFire
ahhh, the beauty of using a desktop.

yeah i wish i could play 1st person shooters on a desktop, but i can't..i can't use the mouse...i need my trackpoint in order to play...if i had a more powerful thinkpad with a ati radeon 9000 in it i'd be set.

Fire
I'm gonna upgrade my comp in a few months

cause I aint happy with preformance anymore

so I'll buy a new graphical card: a SAPPHIRE Radeon 9200 256Mb DDR (for only 92.5 euro's )
new Ram: TWINMOS DDR 256MB 400Mhz PC3200 2 times (at 89 euro's for the two)
and prolly also a new Motherboard, if I have enough money and if the price drops a bit further in those two-three months prolly also a new CPU

(prolly the AMD XP 2500+, Barton Core 333MHz FSB Boxed with cooler tho not sure, depends on the price)

BackFire
Fire, you may want to opt for a better graphics card if you can... the 9200 will have trouble playing newer and future games.

Fire
I'll have a look

Fire
I might as well pay the extra 20 euro's and buy the 9600

but way more than that is above my budget and heck I don't even play many games that require a lot of graphs (since I mostly play RTS)

BackFire
9600 is a good card, that's what I have, should last a pretty long time.

Fire
okie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.