False spoilers alert

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Metamorphisis
I was informed by one of the members of the forum that they had a copy of Revo. They wanted to share spoilers, but would not even upload clips as evidence. After a short convo I found out that they claimed to have recieved the copy as a DVD Screener release - often sent to video stores as promo copies and advertisements.

However there is a problem with their story since Screeners have been ban by the industry indefinately.

Shouldn't be hard to figure out who I'm talking about but I'm to nice to mention their name. So take any messages about spoilers with extreme caution!!

Metamorphisis
After doing some research -- there are no full releases that are being pirated as of yet. Rest assured that it probably will not happen until the day of the release, and I possibly know who will release it.

Sifer
Actually screeners HAVEN'T Been banned. It has been lifted and they are to be sent to Academy members ONLY. But let's see how long that lasts...

Metamorphisis
Sifer -- The ban still applies to the outlets that people have used to pirate copies (ie the local video chains, local multiplex's, etc) Especially for someone who claimed to obtain the Screener themself, and they aren't even close to 20 y/o --they'd have to have a dad living in hollywood who was friends with the W. Bros to pull that off... stick out tongue

Sifer
Do you know what an Academy member is? It is quite simply a person who is a member of the academy. Now ANY one of these hundreds (literally) of members could make a pirate copy.

Metamorphisis
Tru that -- but last time I checked they had req's.. second -- this is one of the most closely guarded movies ever, even if screeners weren't ban it most likely wouldn't have been released as a screener. thirdly -- Centropy and Esoteric, the two biggest groups behind releasing online movie ISO's have not made a sound about it. And lastly -- I live in the mid west, only Block Busteer and Wehrenberg Theaters have ever really been members of the acadamey!! (I used to bribe the late shift to let me barrow them for a day) They don't have any access to them as of this moment.

The Omega
Sifer is right. I had a Two Towers Screener copy, complete with teh occasional "For your Consideration". But that was TWO months after the TT opening. I sincerely doubt Warner is sending screeners out now.

burlyman
i had that too angel

Metamorphisis
No matter - a youngin didn't obtain the screener himself, on the most secure movie ever, days before the Revo release! The guy I normally bribe at the local theater can't even get it!! And, again, the groups that are notorious for being the first don't have it...but you can keep watch at www.VCDQuality.com for any and all movie/TV Rips you might want...

Revo Is not there, in VCD, SVCD, XVCD, DIVX, or DVD rips...yet.

Captain REX
Meaning that whoever said they had it is lying heavily and needs to realize that nobody will believe him. Simple as that.

Metamorphisis
Exactly. Just wanted to give people the heads up smile

JKozzy
If temptation arises, should I wait for theater, or download?..... I don't know what to do sad

burlyman
theatres!! you are seeing it fith right? you wouldnt be able to get it before then would you..

raynor
Choose.
One door will lead to the reloading of the matrix,the other will lead to trinity's rescue.
Choose!

Verity
Anti-piracy techniques wouldn't let u download it b4 the 5th...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.