SPIKES GAME-Final Sun-General Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SpikeSpiegel

SpikeSpiegel
This is the thread for:
General Discussion
Characters
Questions
Improtant Information
Etc.
When there are more people there will be a battle thread and a story thread.

Tela<3sHaldir
Name:Antti

Appearance:Light blue tunic, white cloak, black leggings, and brown boats. Long, straight blonde hair and blue eyes. Hair is pulled back into a ponytail. Always carries bow with arrows and a long double-bladed sword.

JobssadUm, the choices wern't posted.)

SpikeSpiegel

Tela<3sHaldir
Well my characters job is a blacksmith. Would that do?

SpikeSpiegel
I don't know I'ld have to work out what special abilities that would have, just choose from the list for now.

Tela<3sHaldir
That's the problem I don't see the list.

SpikeSpiegel

Tela<3sHaldir
Antti's Job: White mage

FallingBlue
Name: Ledo (lee-do)
Appearance: Jaw length brown hair, a standard leather jacket and leather gloves, both very worn and old. He wears brown ratty pants and a ripped t-shirt underneath, his boots too are worn leather. Around his neck he wears a shell necklace
Job: Soldier - Gain +24 Attack power
Protector: Shiva - Heavy Damage and Ice Element
Starting Village: Octi - The sea village.
Party: (uhh..the one in Octi I presume)
Weapon: Buster Sword - Solider - Ice(60AP, 12MP), Thunder(60AP, 12MP)
Special: Braver - Ledo springs into the air, spinning at a high speed to build momentum and then plumets back to the ground, bringing his sword down upon an enemy, splitting the earth open beneath them.

Health: 500HP
Magic: 25MP
ATK: 25
DEF: 25
MAG: 10
MGD: 10
EVD: 10
EXP: 0
AP: 0

Fallin Angel
kool , ill join

Name: Hikari
Appearance: Has long black hair usually tied in a ponytail , hazel eyes , ~i have a pic of her in her outfit ~
Job: White Mage
Protector: Siren
Starting Village: Octi
Party: 1
Weapon: Staff
Special: Heaven's Tears , Hikari steps foward and closes her eyes , she looks up and starts spinning her staff , then the clouds start turning dark and its started to pour light rain and goes onto her team mates and herself and heals them

SpikeSpiegel
OK, just put that into my list of characters.

Fallin Angel
ok , i posted my character, could u check it if its ok

SpikeSpiegel
sure, it's better than the pic of my character...

Fallin Angel
lol , thanks but i don't think u posted a pic of your character

SpikeSpiegel
I didn't because the (insert swear words) program wouldn't save the (More swear words) Picture

tigereyes456
k I'll join:
Name: Hwa-Rang( war- rang)
Appernece: Long dark brown hair with blond tipps pulled back into a high ponytail wearing a black tiara. Wearing red t-shirt with claw cuts across the front and has a black long jacket undone and tight black pants with black go-go boots over top of her pants.
job: soldier
protector:Ifrit
village:Autent
weapon: long sword.
party: 2
special: martial art skills in Taekwon-do is a black belt.

SpikeSpiegel
OK then thats that put in the list.

SpikeSpiegel
Tela I still need your Protector, (Ramuh, one from any other game or a made up one), Party (1-3), and description of special attack. (I'll work out your village for you. Oh and you can only use staff if your a White Mage.

Tela<3sHaldir
Party:1
Protector:Freyr

Captain REX
I think I'd need some help if I were to become part of this...

SpikeSpiegel
Never fear I am here

FallingBlue
pretty sure i understand, but i wanna see what the battle system is like, you gonna make it turn based Spike?

SpikeSpiegel
Yeah, I'm working out a few bugs in it. It should be ready for a test run next week sometime. Oh and I managed to get the pic of my character to save:

Tela<3sHaldir
Starting Village:Octi
Weaponmessedtaff

SpikeSpiegel
Yup, just key that in...done

Sylvannas
Are all the characters human, or can we be any race?

Tela<3sHaldir
If we can be any race I'm elf.

SpikeSpiegel
I actually meant to add that in. I'll sort that out now. What races do you want? There'll be humans, elves, moogles, lizardmen, vampires, I'll add more if you give me an idea of what you want.

SpikeSpiegel
To make it easier you can be any race you like (From the fantasy world, that I've yet to give a name to) as it won't make any difference to your stats.

Tela<3sHaldir
I"m an ELF!!!!!

Fallin Angel
my character is part mermaid , she only gets her fins if she touches water

SpikeSpiegel
NOTE: The first big change is that there is no longer going to be seperate parties, mainly as it'll be harder to do (Fine, so I'm too lazy to post for each party, happy now?). Everyone will be from the city of Horten and will therefore be traveling together.

SpikeSpiegel
Oh, and Tela could you you please help me out? Your guardian, Freyr, I recognise the name, what's it from?

Sylvannas

SpikeSpiegel
I've put that in but I'm afraid you can't have Siren as your protector, Fallin Angel's got that and there is only one of each summon, you can either make your own or chose another from the RPG world. eg. Leviathan, Bahumut etc

SpikeSpiegel
Battle Thread will be up and ready for a practice battle as soon as I find those dice...

Tela<3sHaldir
I think heard the name. It's a mythological Goddes...I think. Just make up one for me.

SpikeSpiegel
I guess that must be it it just sounded familier (sp)

Fallin Angel
can u have another limit break later on in the game

SpikeSpiegel
Yeah when you reach a certain undecided level you can get a new one which does more damage and has some sort of special effect.

SpikeSpiegel
NOTE: The Battle Thread is now open, please go there for further details, any questions feel free to post them here.

SpikeSpiegel
As soon as the battle thread has been tested I will open up the story thread, which will be like any other RPG with you just saying what you want to do. However, at certain points I will force a certain event eg. a boss battle or a puzzle that will need to be solved/defeated to proceed. The story thread will have a story as good as any Final Fantasy (well maybe not that good) but it will be full of plot twists and turns and everything that makes these games so appealing. The battle thread will be used for training your characters, think of it as an unrandom random battle thread big grin

Fallin Angel
hmm , can i modefy my staff later on, like change its looks and add stuff to it like a blade at the end or on both sides to make it stronger

SpikeSpiegel
Yeah, more weapons etc. will become available later on as we progress with the story.
The AP next to your weapon (beside the MP) you will gain after battles, when this is reached you 'learn' the ability and don't need the weapon to use it. Also when it's learned the ammount of MP used up for it it halved.

SpikeSpiegel
Anybody got any feedback on the battle system?

Sylvannas
So, am I accepted(Editted the sign up awhile back)?

SpikeSpiegel
Oh, yeah. You were as soon as you signed up, everyone was...sorry, i didn't think to tell everyone they were

SpikeSpiegel
The story thread is now open. A few other notes, I've reduced the MP needed to summon your protector to 25 and I've decided to tell you what a few of the things mean.
HP-Hit points When these are gone you're KO'd, there are two ways to come back (1) Let another played use a Phoenix Ash or (2) wait until the end of the fight where you will awaken with 1HP (best use a potien)
MP-Magic Points Used to cast Magic and summon your protector.
EXP-Experience Gain enough to 'level up' and improve your stats
AP-Ability points Needed to 'learn' a new ability. When learnt you no longer need the weapon equiped to use it and the MP needed is halved.
SP-Special points Gain 10 to use your LV1 Special ability

SpikeSpiegel
Important: In the story thread, those who are going to travel with me and FallingBlue and going to start the story off go to the train station now. Otherwise stay in the town, just go about your daily jobs* until the town is evacuated due to the events that will happen. Everyone will then meet up and go off on the quest at the next city (help with a name would be appreciated)

*=this is not the job you chose in your character creation, that was just your skill set.

SpikeSpiegel

The Force
hey spike could i join this game?

SpikeSpiegel
Sure, although as we're at the first boss you'll have to start in the mysterious forest, which isn't too much of a problem.

The Force
ummm ok confused looks like i got some reading to do erm

SpikeSpiegel
You only really need to know what is in the first post and the ***NOTE*** bits. Which reminds me, everyone remember your protector now only costs 25MP.

The Force
that's a hella long first post, but i'll read it and post my character tonight

SpikeSpiegel
OK, I've typed up the first section of the story (Not on here) and it looks like it'll take about a month to get through. It's still got spaces for any ideas you may have (PM me with them), which won't effect the outcome, but maybe your character is hiding something and you want me to incorperate it.

SpikeSpiegel
OK you may want to do this now or you can wait until the time (most likely after the new year) but there is going to be a bit where you can ride a chocobo (for a race actually) so if you like you can design it here.
Name
Colour (no difference)
10 points to distribute among:
Speed
Acceleration
Stamina
This may change as of what I said about it being after the new year (depending on how fast we move through the story) I may change a few things to it. Here's mine:
Choco
Yellow
Speed: ///
Acceleration: ///
Stamina: ////

SpikeSpiegel
A few things need to be announced about the first post:
#1: Thieves get -1 evesion now, not +2. (+2 would mean everything would hit)
#2: There is no longer any starting villages or parties, you will simply be intergrated in.
#3: Gunners get 2 attacks per turn (one for each barrel of the shotgun as it's sawn off)

SpikeSpiegel
In fact forget about the chocobos they're no longer needed.

SpikeSpiegel
IMPORTANT

Due to a few reasons we are now running on too few players to actually run the game. Some have left and some are just unactive. In order to continue we will needat least two new players who will be active and participate in battles etc. If we do not get this then the RPG will need to be closed. Thank you for your time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.