Mel Brooks!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

billyboyd4ever
ok i dont kno if we've had a thread about this guy but his movies are hilarious!!!! my favorites have to be young frankenstein and robin hood: men in tights!!!

bluegrass
Spaceballs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Evil Dead
I love Mel Brooks.............my top five favorite movies of his would have to be:

1. History of the World part 1
2. Young Frankenstein
3. Blazing Saddles
4. Robin Hood Men in Tights
5. Spaceballs

History of the World part 1 is just genius...........The Spanish Inquisition musical number.........The French Revolution act....the promo for History of the World part 2 with "Jews in Space" and "Hitler on Ice"....everything about that movie is genius.

chico
I can't disagree with that list Evil....Spot on. Mel is great and his movie are so funny, with today's politically correct enviroment I don't think he could have gotten those movies made today.

plenTpak52
God, politicall correctness is gay. Did you know that the proper term for a pet is "animal companion"? How gay, oh sorry, How "of the non-heterosexual persuasion" is that?

silver_tears
i loved his work big grin and still do erm wish he kept making movies

Hegemon875
If you havn't heard of Mel brooks than you dont know a thing about movies. He is the greatest comedian of all time, at least in my opinion.

Evil Dead
Crispin Glover owns in Willard..............

BackFire
Spaceballs is godly.

Evil Dead
History of the World part 1 is ultra-super godly!!

BackFire
History of the world is probably his most under apcreciated flick. It is indeed godly as well.

I remember we watched it in my history class, best 90 minutes of school I've ever encountered.

Kes
I love this guy.
I can watch his movies over and over again and always laugh laughing

Robin Hood: Blinkin! What are you doing?
Blinkin: Guessing. I guess no one's coming.

Blinkin: I can see! It's a miracle!"

Blinkin: "Nope, I was wrong."

Hegemon875
History of thw World was hilarious! Love the part with the 15 commandments.

badkittykitty
History of the World part 1 is spectacular! I must agree with your list also..
I went to see the play 'the producers' before I seen the film and it was so f*cking funny,I can catch the gags in the film but the plays version of 'spring time for hitler' actually out did The Spanish Inquisition musical number if you can believe that and they had a musical number for when the producer went around shagging old ladies for money!
mel brooks is a god among men thats for sure!!

Hegemon875
True, but I dont like the way rats were portrayed in the movie. Rat's are THE most timid animals. I have two rats of my own and I wish they would listen to me when I tell them something. roll eyes (sarcastic)

silver_tears
you have rats messed

Hegemon875
You got a problem with that

billyboyd4ever
i still love young frankenstein...ive seen it like a million times...egore is the best!!!!!

Hegemon875
Mel Brooks wrote that right?

billyboyd4ever
yea...all the way stick out tongue

Sugar Kane
Young Frankenstein is a truly great comedy. My fave scene, why it has to be 'Putting on the Ritz', monster style! laughing

billyboyd4ever
haha yea that movie is great...its a shame he doesnt make movies anymore sad

Hegemon875
Gene Wilder is also a comic genius.

khalla
1.Young Frankenstein
2.Spaceballs
3.Blazing Saddles

billyboyd4ever
too true

duffy
Spaceballs rules!

silver_tears
umm what is that messed

billyboyd4ever
i dont kno...ive never seen spaceballs..sadly...but i plan to

jeanetteouxuan
veri funny.. laughing

Kes
Its the Alien from the bar (?) scene. The Alien comes out of the guy (the same actor from Alien that gets his chest burts open by the Alien)
Its great, he goes like:"Not again!!!"

Evil Dead
Hello my baby, hello my darling.....hello my ragtime gal.....send me a kiss by wire, darling my hearts on fire.......if you refuse me baby you'll lose me.....and you'll be left alone.....

Hegemon875
I've only seen a couple of minutes of space balls, but from what I saw it looked pretty damn funny!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.