Devil May Cry 1 and 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LilMimister006
What do you guys think of this game? I think its just awesome! lol I loved them, though 2 could have been more harder and Dante have more cool lines like he did in the first one stick out tongue

total metalhead
its the one thing me and my brother have in common. we both loved the first game and were racing to see who could complete it first. its much more fun than any other horror/action game, even if it isnt that frightening. the devil trigger is a brilliant idea and using swords and guns together is excellent. DMC 2 is v good as well, not quite as ground breaking, but Lucia is a cool new character and there's more action, so its fine by me. but i totally agree, Dante should have more lines, they took alot of his attitude out of him DMC2. still, thumb up good choice.

J_To_The_P
DMC1 was mind-blowing for me, my first Ps2 game I REALLY appreciated, since I had Bouncer, SSX, Red Faction, and RE:CVX, and CVX was a port of DC I loved, but the other 3, blah.
I thought the graphics were amazing, the framerate, fighting, plot, everything, I just didn't like Trish. The ONE upside to DMC2, I loved Lucia...well...shut up Mimi! stick out tongue

LilMimister006
roll eyes (sarcastic) angel

J_To_The_P
SHUT UP MIMI! stick out tongue

LilMimister006
mwahahhahahahahahhahahahaha evil face

J_To_The_P
Shut up Cracka! stick out tongue

LilMimister006
:eats cracker:

anyway BACK ON SUBJECT!! lol game is awesome, love dantes attitude in the first one, first one great great game and difficulty, need more in 2nd though, and the attitude...3rd better be better than the 2nd...and yeah, dante with attitude = total coolness yes wink

J_To_The_P
DMC3: DMC1 moves, combined environments of 1 & 2, LUCIA, LUCIA'S ASS! Wait....

LilMimister006
laughing out loud that was your fault on that one stick out tongue

DMC 3 all of the above EXCEPT THE PART WITH LUCIA, add dante attitude, new cooler outfits, summons, and its all good stick out tongue

J_To_The_P
No, forget the outfits, keep the same outfit as 1/2, no bloody mansion garbage, ditch the rocket launcher, no secret rooms, all blue orbs in environments and bought like 1, Ifrit, handguns, shotgun, and swords from 2 in 3.

LilMimister006
i like the rocket launcher! *shoot*.........BOOOM!!!

J_To_The_P
Rocket Launcher was overrated, Grenade Launcher took down atleast 8 enemies at a time.

LilMimister006
both launchers are good smile i can deal with either or.

i like the secret rooms!! they're fun and add more things to do in the game big grin

J_To_The_P
Secret Rooms made getting 200% vitality impossible, I liked just SEARCHING for them in 1.

LilMimister006
they were actually easy to find in 2 and 1 and completing lol..though some of 1's things you had to do to complete were a total pain to do

J_To_The_P
Yea but 1 was the overall better package, 9 MONTHS TOTAL, 6 on Mundus 2 alone, 3 on the entire game. big grin

LilMimister006
0.o how'd it take you THAT LONG to beat MUNDUS? i mean yeah he's tough..but 6 months!?!?!? thats a gawd aweful long time! i spent i think like a week or 2 on him on each difficulty

J_To_The_P
because when he used the black orbs, I used the Grenade Launcher instead of the Shotgun, and I didn't think the Shotgun was powerful enough, so I found out when I looked in another guide in Barnes & Noble, then accomplished it.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
i give dmc 1 a solid 8 out of 10. i would never rate a game 10 out of 10 unless its perfect...which is impossible.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
for now

J_To_The_P
DMC1 is absolutely perfect, I think the best $50 I ever spent in a while, with the exception of Resident Evil REmake.

LilMimister006
well there are some pretty close to perfect games out there hockey

LilMimister006
yeah i loved dmc1 and currently having fun yet scared stiff playing resident evil 1 (remake, gc)

J_To_The_P
Resident Evil REmake, Legend Of Zelda:Ocarina Of Time.

LilMimister006
i got headaches playing ocarina of time for some reason..so i had to return it (this was on n64)

J_To_The_P
OoT isn't even first person, only first person part is Bow & Arrow.

LilMimister006
i know...but for some reason i got headaches..im just weird i guess confused

J_To_The_P
I've known that since January. stick out tongue

LilMimister006
ahahaha true true...lol it was this game (dmc2) that got us to meet in an interesting situation tho stick out tongue

J_To_The_P
ONE comment about Lucia's ass...turned...to....this. stick out tongue

LilMimister006
ahaha yep

J_To_The_P
And I don't recall being allowed back in that forum. stick out tongue

LilMimister006
lol i think it kinda died...a long time ago stick out tongue

J_To_The_P
We saved it in some ways, all they did was bash the game anyway.

LilMimister006
yeah i know..such rudeness people stick out tongue, i mean there were some good points..but basically they all compared to the first one, not thinking of dmc2 as its own game much

J_To_The_P
And of course my comment got everybody to agree. roll eyes (sarcastic)

LilMimister006
everyone except me roll eyes (sarcastic)

J_To_The_P
Which I made a "special" comment back, then stole your AIM from your profile. laughing

LilMimister006
ahaha, you thief! wink stick out tongue

J_To_The_P
Now how the hell would I even be here if I didn't? stick out tongue

LilMimister006
you wouldnt! stick out tongue

J_To_The_P
That would...really....reallly....REALLY suck! sad

LilMimister006
yaah i know sad so lets all be glad that jp's a thief!! lol big grin stick out tongue

J_To_The_P
I'd be g/fless, Mimiless, I'd BE PISSED! sad stick out tongue

LilMimister006
awwwwwwww i'd b jp-less (big big bad thing if i was jp-less!!), and prolly even RE-less sad

J_To_The_P
And my RE Mastery would be useless! If I was Mimiless I'd be so un-loosed and making up wordsy! sad

LilMimister006
sii i must have my jp live walkthroughness and masterness and yeah! lol

J_To_The_P
And I know for a fact I wouldn't be so "cocky" and a P.I.M.P....cuz I wouldn't even be here. sad

LilMimister006
and 2 more points:

a) i wouldn't have ever joined gameFAQs forums if it wasnt for andy forcin me to join it w/ him lol

b) if it wasnt for my twin obession i wouldnt even be HERE lol stick out tongue

J_To_The_P
1. If REFan hadn't closed I'd of never listened to Mimi's nagging to join

2. I'd be Danaless...the horror! sad

LilMimister006
dude i dunt think ive met dana lol

wow we're so good at bringing topics off topic lol (corruption!! laughing out loud wink)

J_To_The_P
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, no wonder why I can't go back to DMC2 board. laughing

LilMimister006
laughing out loud laughing out loud ahahaha

J_To_The_P
Maybe I CAN go back, but I won't. stick out tongue

JToTheP
DAMN! This is still here!? I barely remembered this topic!!!!!! eek!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.