next director

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

belldandy
hey there...
i heard that Mike Newell was going to direct the 4th HP movie...

what do u think??? wink

qwerty1
I think you're right!

I don't know - it seems good that they are getting a director who has a strong history of dramic films behind him; it's to bad they don't go for one director who wants to work on the rest of the films, instead of just the one movie - seems like it would be better for the cast. sad

jennyanderson
Hmmm, I really don't know anything about this Mike Newell, except that he directed the '4 weddings and a funeral'-which is a comedy, I don't know... Harry Potter is more than a just comedy, and how do you suppose he is gonna direct the under water scene in which Harry goes to rescue Ron from the merpeople? I've watched Jaws you know, which is directed by the supposedly legendary director Steven Speilberg (god I really hate that guy! Did you know that he wanted to name the legendary school as 'Hogwarts High'-iyuck and introduce cheer leaders? Excuse me while I throw up), and its a crap. Now Mike Newell is no where near a legend, and god knows I'm gonna kill him if he makes GOF a crap. Anyway, he'd better do a good job in there, or else.

qwerty1
Are you serious? Hogwarts High? LOL. I knew Speilberg had read the books and had his name in as a possible director but I never knew that - that's hilarious! smile

If I were going to do the uderwater scene, I would stay away from all the shark-head, bubble-head stuff and just assume that everyone used gilly-weed or whatever it was.

As far as shooting underwater goes, for the movie, I would think it would be a really short, direct part of the movie, unless they put the merfolk in some sort of dry, underwater cave city or something - that's probably what I would do, had I the opportunity. smile

Schizo_n_me
I heard that Mike Newell was on the list of possibilities but they hadn't decided yet. And about Speilberg... thats so unbelievable! I mean, Hogwarts High? And cheerleaders! sick Thank God he didn't direct them!

qwerty1
I think Mike Newell is a safe bet for director - GOF is already listed in his filmography on Yahoo! smile It'll be interesting to see how he does.

jennyanderson
Yes people it's all true, Steven Speilberg wanted to name Hogwarts School Of Witch Craft And Wizardy as 'Hogwarts High' and introduce cheerleaders! Shocking isn't it? But J K Rowling turned down that offer-thank god (I hear she's quite a powerful woman in Hollywood this days)! He also wanted Haley Joel Osment (from the 6th Sense fame) to play Harry. And from what I hear now, the boy is sulking big time and saying that he really never wanted the role of Harry Potter in the first place. Duh!

PS:I hear that Steven S. is now interested in directing future Potter movies. Who would like to clobber him to death if he makes those changes like he said previously? I know I would.

StrgzrCndyPixie
me to me to ill get my pitch fork ready

Schizo_n_me
I've got a bazooka on hand!

qwerty1
I think Haley Joel Osment would've made a good harry - if he could get down the 'english' accent. The only problem with Dan is that he's getting to tall, in my opinion I always imagined Harry as a small kid...

Steven Speilburg is WAY to Hollywood!!! The further away he stays from these movies, the better off they'll be!!! smile I'm not sure the choice of director is completely up to J.K.R but I'm glad that, so far, they've gone for directors who'll put some effort into making the HP movies unique, and not just another generic franchise.

belldandy
HP is all ready a franchise... the only thing that is greate is that still being loyal to the UK style
and i think JK would rather die before seeing her british work transformed into a hollywood shallow, stupid movie

and HJO didnt want to play harry and neither did JK... so

qwerty1
I'm sure that they are paying attention to what JK wants but the movies are out of her hands - they could decide to fire Dan and turn Azkaban into a summer getaway if they wanted to - who they pick and how they do the films is completely up to Warner Bros.

Danistar
Steven Spielberg!!!!!
That would be awesome!!!!

jennyanderson
And speaking of the 4th movie, does any body actually know how long is it gonna be? I hope they don't divide it into 2 movie like they did with the Matrix which lost all it's magic with that highly annoying 'to be continued', I hope they make GOF a 4 hour one, or more better a 5 hour one. And I know that kids will not be bored because of all the special effects, and for the more mature audience, the story itself is way too great for "oh, it's too long, lets go somewhere and have a good time".

Schizo_n_me
yea they should've made all the movies really long....so that they wouldn't have to cut out cool parts that make the story...better

belldandy
i wouldnt like that they cut some parts, or that they make them like really cheap just to make the movie short...
they should do it like the matrix, a half of GoF, and a three months later the other part... at least it would be ALL the book stuff in it...

Schizo_n_me
yeah.....but I couldn't hanle the suspense wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.