UK star wars fans.. anyone plannin a trip to LA...?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CMBmovies
Hi, Back in 99 I met up with a great group of fans and we flew over to LA and have the time of our lives seein EP1.....

well the magic time is rolling around again and i wondered if anyone in the UK was planning something similar.. and if so.. is it going to be semi organised like before? Id love to hear from anyone.. make some new friends and maybe get a traveling parnter

Also my unterior motive is my final year project.
Its my last year at uni and im making a documentry on people who travelled to see EP1 -not on the crazy fans angle- but on what it meant to them and how it changed their lives.

So if theirs anyone out their who went before or is planning something.. or wants to make a new pal.. or be/help with the documentary.. Please get in touch

Thanks for readin my post.. Later xx

Colin B [email protected]

yerssot
I don't know about myself... I mean, I saw TPM in Canada, and I will do my best to get there to watch EP II

Ratcat
There was talk of a trip out to the states to see Episode-II, but I'm nopt sure if anyone is still up for it.

CMBmovies
Ok lets take it one person at a time..

Would you be up for it?? then that makes 2 of us smile

Ushgarak
For most people, it is the money that's the problem.

I have the additional problem of dying if I go into that heat.

Dim
Actually, Ush, May is really quite pleasant here..Plus you can hang out at my house..

I'm in LA..if you need help with the doc I would be up for it.

CMBmovies

Ratcat

Ushgarak
However, with much of the UK contingent being students or thereabout anything much past a hundred quid is pretty much out the picture.

CMBmovies

Ushgarak
Ok, for MOST students it is totally out of the picture then. Certainly myself and Edna and Zereil and Orpheus can't do it. ANd Phinney can't even make the journey across the States.

Dim
If you started saving Now then you might be able to come up with that much. It's more a matter really, of how much you want it.

King Jedi
I can't either. I'm going to be really busy around that time looking for work. sad

Dim
Kill two birds with one stone and look for work in LA.. laughing out loud

King Jedi
mmm...........what as? (be nice Dim). evil face

Ratcat
I'm planning on going to New York hopefully.

King Jedi
Lucky you. sad

Shouldn't this be in GDF?

Texas
NY makes sense, LA doesn't, no offense to Dim, but NY is closer and would cost less coming in from Europe. I remeber that when Episode I was about to open, Lucas held special charity showings 4 days before the scheduled opening in select cities, Dallas was one of them, but of course it was impossible to get tickets so I didn't even bother and just waited 5 days. If he does the same thing this year, I will most definately try to get tickets.

King Jedi
I'll start a charity if he opens it here first. smile

Dim
laughing out loud laughing out loud I wasn't going to suggest anything mean..well, not really.. wink

Yeah, this should be in GDF...moving.

Ratcat
Actually Tex, the flight cost is about the same and hotels are not much more, it's just the flight time. 3.5 hours extra!

King Jedi
Has anyone heard about the "Super Tunnel" they are thinking about. It's supposed to connect Scotland to America. It's going to be a huge under water tunnel with a high speed train. The another tunnel for boats. If it happens then it would only take an hour and a half to travel the distance. There was info on it at the BBC's site.

Ushgarak
Saving? Perhaps you don't understand, Dim. I have NO income.

Dim
You've got 8 months to figure something out dearie.....

Ushgarak
I didn't realise this was the focus of my life... still, you MAY be right...

Texas
I still dont understand why GL wont open the movie world wide at the same timeroll eyes (sarcastic) . So when is it scheduled to open in Europe?

Ratcat
That's an easy one.

Premiers! There will be a US Gala Premier, plus a Royal Premiere in the UK. Then there are various others around the world too.

Lucasfilm and Fox want all the stars and Lucas/McCallum/etc sto attend these premiers so they need to stagger them to allow the stars to get to each one.

If you stagger the premiers, you then have to stagger the subsequent public releases....

King Jedi
And you have the problem of pirate videos. I could get copies of TPM weeks before it was released here.

Edna Witch
Start saving NOW? You have to be joking! At the moment I am struggling to save for a weekend at Butlins with some old work friends. Saving for a flight to the US would be literally impossible right now!

King Jedi
If I start saving and forget about looking for work then I still would have a tough choice. Go to the World Cup in Japan (if we qualify) or go to America to see AOTC.

Edna Witch
Ah no contest! AOTC wins every time! Easy for a girl who hates footie to say!

King Jedi
laughing out loud I suppose if I went to see AOTC then I wouldn't end up surrounded by drunk men in kilts.

Ratcat
See, being older DOES have some major advantages. I don't mind a few extra years for the benefits of owning a house and new car and a nice healthy balance in the bank. big grin

King Jedi
Don't rub it in! smokin'

Dim
I don't know...drunk men in kilts sounds kind of fun too.. stick out tongue

KJ, AOTC will only happen once..make it count..

finti
So does the first time as well big grin

Ratcat
Get tickets to the Premiere then. Ewan likes to wear a kilt, and he is always up for getting drunk.

But Dim, why would you want to be around a bunch of men in skirts???

Edna Witch
Hey leave the girl alone! whatever turns her on I say! **holds up glass** To mean in skirts!

Ushgarak
If that is a hint, it's going nowhere...

Ratcat
Yep, women in skirts can be very mean! laughing out loud

Texas
Or in my case you can be the son of two old geezers with healthy bank accounts evil face

Dim
The Scots are the manliest bunch of men in skirts that you'll ever see..that's why.

finti
And they are the only manish males to were skirts as well big grin

King Jedi
Dim, would you like to sing our national anthem before the game with Belgium? wink

RC don't knock it till you've tried it. There's nothing like the wind blowing in places it doesn't usually go. eek!

Dim
Oh..nice and airy eek! rolling on floor laughing

*runs off to practice her anthem singing*

What is your national anthem anyway?

Ratcat
Difference is Tex, that I get to chose where I spend my vacations, NOT being dragged to a city and being stuck in the hotel room because I didn't want to join my family in their chosen activity...

Trust me, having your own is MUCH better than getting it from your folks... stick out tongue

Ushgarak
I agree. Just ask Zereil...

Texas
My parents can drag me anywhere they wish, just as long as I dont run into you wearing your swimming shorts, I'm still trying to mentally block that picture you posted stick out tongue stick out tongue evil face j/k RC, I still love you! I did get to go visit the Die Hard building, how many people can say that? so I guess it wasn't that bad smile

Ratcat
Nah, there's no convincing me I'm afraid. I'll take a little older over no personal money any time.

finti
laughing out loud right on RC

Edna Witch
Hang on! How old is Tex? He still lives with his parents? I thought he was older than that! Oh god! No wonder I am so confused all the time!

King Jedi
It's called flower of Scotland. It's the most boring and dull song ever. You'd really have to jazz it up! smile

Texas
I'm 20 and yes I still live with my parents embarrasment My freshman year at college, I lived in an apartment with 2 friends, all we did was drink and party and other things we shouldn't have done, grades suffered, parents stoped paying rent, had to move back home sad Now I drive to school, only takes me 20 minutes, grades much better smile

King Jedi
I like living at home. My parents don't give me any hassle.

Texas
Your lucky, my mom just bitches and bitches and bitches, so when I get home, I go to straight to my room and stay there! My dads alright, he's having an affair, so he's not around much roll eyes (sarcastic)

Jameous Woodshire
That sucks man.

Let me know if you want to go out for a brake some time, I live 45 min out of downtown for right now. PM me.

Texas
Thanks Jameous, it's nice to know some one cares. But dont worry, my life's not that bad, If were my dad, I'd probably be cheating too, and if I were my mom, I'd probally ***** too, as soon as I enter graduate school in two years, I'm outta here! smokin'

Zereil
Well I've been to the Die HArd building as well as the Superman Daily PLanet building from the 90's TV show...

Texas
You've been been to the die hard building too ! Now didn't it look smaller in person? I keep telling everyone it looks really big and tall on screen, but when your at the bottom looking up, it's no big woop roll eyes (sarcastic)

Edna Witch
You're twenty and your parents still take you on holiday with them? Lucky swine! My parents stopped taking me anywhere when I was 16. Have to pay for my own hols now! Hence Newquay being as far as I ventured this year!

My parents aren't that bad, just a bit miserable. But they aren't too bad when they leave me alone. I don't even know why I bother talking to them anymore. They never listen to a word I say. Especially Dad. He swears blind I never tell him where I am going. So I leave notes now. It's their own fault if they don't read them! Manage to avoid them most of the time! It will be breat when I move out to go to uni and can get away from them at last! Less than a month to go! Woo hoo! Freedom!

Texas
They only take me on vacation with them, because they dont trust me home aloneroll eyes (sarcastic) I did my own thing in LA, but in Tahiti, they planned kewl stuff, like we took a helicopter tour,Oh, our pilot was a real Nazi, we were not allowed to speak when we were in flight, he gave us paper and pencils and we had to write notes to communicate with each other, how stupid is that? and we went scubba diving, so I had fun with them smile

Edna Witch
Sounds like my parents. Only they go to Thailand or Turkey and do it without me. And leave me here with my boring miserable sister! Since she is 21 you would think it would be her here to look afetr me but if I hadn't been here I doubt she would have even bothered to cook for herself! I don't know! Older siblings! More trouble than they are worth!

yerssot
I don't have that problem!

Edna Witch
Why not? Aren't all parents as bad as mine? Or am I just unlucky?

Ushgarak
Older siblings... grr....

yerssot
Nope, I'm just a minor who always has to go with his parents.
Very nice, that is

Edna Witch
It's not legal for you to be left alone? But you're sixteen!

Ratcat
Ah yes, dragged around like a puupy. I much prefer to plan my own vacations.

So I have to pay for it, big deal, I can afford it. big grin

Dim
I guess family vacations depend on the parents..mine were always real downers so anything I've done as an adult has been much much more to my liking.

Ratcat
big grin rolling on floor laughing big grin rolling on floor laughing big grin rolling on floor laughing big grin rolling on floor laughing big grin

Dim
Apparently RC feels the same way. laughing out loud

Ratcat
I always feel that way. big grin

Rumors of my mad have been greatly over exagerated. wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.