Arsenic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shaber
I expect that everyone noticed that the morgul knife sublimes in the film whereas in the book it "melts." Either way, I'm sure you don't want to how how it tastes! sick

BingaBonga
hey... shaber... huh? huh

Exa
I think both is cool, but, well, try to make it look melting and yet not look ridiculous in a film big grin

Smodden
it looked fine in the movie you can't have every detail exactly right.

shaber
Yeah, a more important detail changed was the manner of Sauron's demise. In Tolkein's version, the Elven and Numenorean royalties knocked him to the ground, dying in the attempt, leaving Isildur's way clear for cutting off the Ring. The film, for simplicity, makes it Isildur's moment only.

shaber
IMO Sauron should look different in the scene where he forges the Ring, to how he does in the showdown with Isildur. Sauron was always the most volatile Maiar shapewise, and since he forged the Ring he had been immersed in the abyss, forfeiting his "fair semblance."

Exa
I like Tolkien's version of this Ring-scene better than in the film.

But subliming imo looks better in a film than melting.

fini
yeah to melt will be all gooey...........like wicked witch fom oz melting.

hey were in a age were evaporating is cooler..............lol get the pun....hehe

sauron
in what book does it tell of the battle and the forging of the ring? i cant find it in fotr

Shadowskill
Even though it would be gooey, melting would be cool because it would give Aragorn a reason to take a bath, lol!

Exa
Yah lol big grin big grin

Battle and forging... A bit in the Shadow of the Past, the Council of Elrond, the Prologue and a lot in the Unfinished Tales.

Shadowskill
Maybe though, it was more dramatic to sublime in a movie...

shaber
And Aragorn seemed to discard the hilt in the film, not that it seemed a great thing to carry around from Tolkein's account.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.