edible programs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

spacemnokey108
when the maerovingian gives that hot chick the "cake" which is acually a program to make her have an orgasm, it makes you think, in the first one, when the oracle gave neo a cookie, and said, eat it, you'll feel better after, do you think the cookie was a prgram to make him feel better. Or for that matter, a kiss?

MC Mike
All these were programs, yes. The Oracle's programs may have been to lead him to the Architect, to give him power in the real world, etc. I don' really know...

stinkfist462
yeah i think the oracle candy or cookie wasa to enable neo or whoever into those big ass halls..... but since smith is like an agent of the program he already has special shit that does that... that is wut i think... wut do u think?

JediHDM
we are not sure what those cookies were for...perhaps they were, like the oracle said, to make Neo feel "right as rain"...perhaps they allowed the ONE code to awaken, perhaps she just gave him a cookie...we dont know, however, we are pretty sure it was some coding for some reason...i think it was just to make him feel better, to allow him to make a clearer, more concious decision, making him enter the matrix to save Morpheus...

Metamorphisis
Yes, they were all programs. Were any of them made for any other intent like the Mero's? I really don't think it's likely. Neo's already carries the anomaly code -- it's part of who he is. It wasn't placed there by some machine programming wizard -- the machines would just delete it and be happy if that were the case.

In these lines taken from the transcript of Neo's conversation with the architect we learn that the anomaly is caused by a mathmatical remainder that is left over from the programming that gives people a choice to believe the matrix. This remainder is "dumped" like a buffer overflow, or a call to stack dump in assembly language programming, and when it is, it is carried by a person. When they exit the Matrix to visit the source, the remainder is deleted from the programming and the equation balances back out. If it were not, then, quite feasably, everyone inside the matrix would become containers for the excess remainders causing chaos inside the matrix.

The mathmatical remainder itself, caused by the anomaly, is what gives Neo his abilities, not a cookie. Neo's birth in the matrix was most likely the mathmatical calculation that called the equation's "dump process" because the level that was reached - thus Neo becomes the anomaly.

We also learn here, the how and the why of the anomaly. Details pertinent to this subject - they have been discussed before and I don't feel like typing them again. Atleast not at this moment....

Metamorphisis
Jedi

That means the code would have to manipulate Neo while he was outside of the matrix. I think the cookie is just that - a cookie. erm

spacemnokey108
but what about persephone's kiss, couldnt she be putting code into, or taking code off of neo?

JediHDM
im not saying the cookie is putting the code into Neo, he was born with it, im saying that perhaps it awakens that code, allowing the one to realize his potential...and yes, that kiss could have just as easily placed some kind of code into Neo just as easily as it pulled some emotion out of him, so she could "sample"...

Metamorphisis
Jedi

See my post in the perfect timing thread b/c of comments the Architect said, I really don't see the cookie having anything to do with the code "awakening." By all accounts, it's a traumatic experience that brings about the anomaly within.

The Kiss
I'm not seeing it. Neo does not seem to be affected by it one way or another. The emotion she "pulled" from Neo could have been nothing but a programmatic response to a past experience, simular to how things in our everyday lives can trigger memories and take us back to the emotions we felt. When I see something that supports Neo being at all different after the kiss, then I'll consider it. Anything that has had to do with him that is important has had visible effects on him. I don't reject the possibility - but I don't see evidence really to support it. So I have no further comment on the subject.

burlyman
wink

MC Mike
The cookie has been PROVEN to be important. In an interview over the net (that is on the official site, can't find it yet...) they stated that the Bros had intended to have a whole scene explaining the significane of the cookie. But, alas, they cut it.

Ushgarak
I agree with Meta; I think it was just a cookie. Well, a virtual cookie, anyway.

AliasNeo15
haha, i was thinking of that, nice

burlyman
mike> http://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com/cmp/larryandychat_index.html

MC Mike

MorpheusIsGod
I don't think the candy serves any importance. Some say it was so Neo could enter the hallways, but I point out that to even GET to the oracle, he entered the white hallways w/ Seraph.

BTW, in Enter the Matrix, Niobe and Ghost can enter white hallways, but they received no candy.

I think the candy was just to give the Oracle a funny line.

"I love candy.."

in the middle of a very serious discussion:-D

Ice_Lightningo3
If you remember...In Reloaded Neo is given a red candy...He puts it in his pocket...could this be an important aspect in Revolutions?

Sifer
Are you so sure about that? smile

burlyman
Merovingian: Something to eat? Drink? Hmm... of course, such things are contrivances like so much here. For the sake of appearances.
Neo: No, thank you.
Merovingian: Yes, of course, who has time?...

spacemnokey108
for persephonies kiss, if you are to turn the volume up really loud, for the second kiss, you can faintly hear the distant sound of the matrix code

ElBiUs
ai ai, that confusion wacko

stinkfist462
dude everyone went to see teh oracle right? so she prolly gave everyone a damn cookie...

Matrix_4_ever
orgasm i thought it made take a masive sh!t laughing laughing laughing laughing lol

Metamorphisis
Sifer

Yes I'm sure that the anomaly was not placed into Neo, it is an unwanted, but unavoidable, remainder in an equation due to the fact that, if given a choice, there will always be a percentage that rejects this choice. Neo is the sum of the remainder of all those that rejected the code before him. The reason the people who reject the code do not become the anomaly is because they do not wholely reject it, our they are not completed (like when Neo died in M1 before he came to his full potential). Thus the reason the Architect counts from on integral anomaly to the next. Even the Architect states that it is not placed in a person, it is an unwanted result!

spacemnokey

Uh. Are you sure that wasn't the hum of your TV's speakers!! laughing I checked it and the only "odd" sound I heard was a suction sound, like an air pressure door, when they locked lips and let go...I think it was just part of the orchestra that was playing.....

Korri
i wonder if Neo is edable angel

Verity
The cookie was to lighten up the blow on Neo's heart, after learning either him or Morpheus would have to die...We all feel good after eating cookies, don't we? I know I do!http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/tongue.gif

Korri
heehee

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.