Alien Movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Espantada20
Okay okay okay.I know aliens aren't so much horror as they are sci fi,but there are some scary ass alien movie.Case in point.Aliens.Scared the shit out of me.The Alien in Alien Resurection,the baby one that kills the mother,that's pretty creepy too.I liked They Live.It's cheesy I know but i think its cool.It reminds me of a short story by Stephen King.Very cool story.Mars Attcks was pretty lame but it was funny.

kakarot
yea you have got a point there aliens wasnt that scary but still had a few parts that made me jump in all of them. and what is they live?? i have never heard of that. and mars attack is one of my fav funny films not the best but still made me laugh

walking down an alley when a radgie said to me gis all of your money and your f***ing extc so i introduced him to my friend told him what i recomend showed him what to giv and pulled out my 9 inch chiv!! - ace

kakarot
do you ever talk on this? well you should.

Primitive Screwhead #1
I would really only categorize the first Alien as true horror... Ridley Scott's presentation really got under my skin all those years back, and then Cameron was pretty much took the series more into an action-oriented direction. The latter two entries were SO disappointing... not sure if anyone else agrees with this.

Oh, and kakarot-

They Live is one of John Carpenter's better directorial efforts, featuring the overexerted acting of one Rowdy Roddy Piper... priceless. Features one of the most quotable lines in the sci-fi genre ("I came here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass... and I am all out of bubble gum!"wink. Recommended viewing... worlds better than Mars Attacks!

A.D. Skinner
Well now if you want to talk about John Carpenter...please do not leave out his brillant work on Halloween. Do not take into consideration the number of stupid sequels this series has had, but appreciate his work in the orginal.

But back to the Alien series. I have to agree with Primitive in saying that the orginal Alien was certainly the bread winner. I remember my parents taking me to see that as a child in a double feature with Jaws. Talk about some bad nightmares ! Aliens did have the action element, but it was too comical for a sci-fi or horror movie. And don't even speak of the other two...How many times can we kill off Weaver before she really dies...she is bad as the Terminator ! And not to mention the introduction of Wynona ! Come on !!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.