Is Draco Related To Harry?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mg16
My post taken from the 'Is this true about Lily?' thread~~~~

"'Hem hem' Speaking of relations and Lily, do you think Harry is related to Draco? I mean think about it. When Kreacher smuggled himself to the Malfoys' house it was still his family (Kreacher's). And Dobby went to Harry's house from the Malfoys', and then there's all of this Lily being pure-blood (well at least blood of Slytherien) and that's why he would do well in Malfoy's house and if he has pure blood, remember what Sirius said, 'All pure-bloods are related some how.' Ponder this there re so many clues, I've just taken some from the fith book."

~ Me rolling on floor laughing

chic_sxydiva
if all the pure bloods are related then some of them must be marrying their distant relatives. hmmm huh blink

vampriss_07
i think that it's possible one way or another...i mean....sirius DID say that all purebloods are related somehow. i remember readin that too.

airangel429
its possible i remember reading that

frootlooplucy
yeah, its very possible, it doesnt even mean Lily had to be a pureblood, just if James was (as weve been led to believe) or even if just ONE of James' parents was pureblood.... its really very possible that Hary nd Draco are related. although ive never actually considered it before... good idea!

airangel429
yeah i had never considered it before either.....but very likely

qwerty1
Yeah, I think you might be on to something! It seems like they spent a lot of time talking about relations and relatives in the fifth book, maybe JKR is getting ready to drop the bomb in the next one! huh

airangel429
true..b/c it was like everyone and his/her grandmother was related to one another SOMEHOW.......

starprincess366
ewww, marien ur own relatives! ahh well harrys half blood, and lilys muggleborn and james must be purebood! mabe james and sirius were related in som freaky messued twisted way. makin them related to snape(HE HATES MUGGLES AND MUGGLEBORNS, SO IM THINKIN HE MUST BE PUREBLOOD BECAUSE HE WAS A DEATHEATER) so harry must be related to sirius makin him more than a godfather. so harry must be related to tonks too and all the other half bloods and purebloods bonding them together. so from james' blood, harry must be related to the malfoys! mabe his will haunt him in later books. its what i would have done WUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

supershane
no and no

Lanada
im not sure if there related or not but i highly doubt it. plus if they were related they wood b nicer 2 each other. and harry wood have more people 2 take 'im in.

hhhhr
sirius was related to malfoys too but it didn't make him any nicer to them or visa versa

Didem
i think they r related but a very distant relation..
James was a pureblood and that makes him somewhat related to Sirius and that leads to Malfoys..they r definetely related but very very distant..and remember Sirius shunned from his family..

angelsflame265
they most likely are yes

Jackie Malfoy
I would think we would find out in the books if they were related.Also we don't really know if harry is even pureblood.We know that James potter is but I am not sure about Lilly.
So there is a promblem there.I think it would be safe to say no I don't think they are realated.and if they were harry would had gone to live with them.
Also I think it was the first book that says that harry's only living family is the Durleys.So there is your question answeared right there!JM

tigress
he probably is because all purbloods are inter related so at some level the potters and Malfoys must be connected.

tigress
even though lily was a muggleborn she was a withch and james was a pureblood so its possible that harry is pure blood but its already been said by Dumbledore that hes a half blood wizard as voldermort chose the boy who was most like him not the pureblood Neville but harry so im not sure now ouch i have a headache lol

angelsflame265
Yea jakie Lily is a muggle born, but sense James is a Pureblood that still meams that harry could be related to malfoy

~TheDeppFreak~
i'm soooo gonna laugh if they r related laughing

~DaPirateFreak~
U r blink I will laugh coz U will laugh coz u said u were going 2 laugh if it happens stick out tongue

shaber
A mudblood is just the same as a muggle as far as heritage is concerned. A eg fifth generation wizard with purely mudblood ancestry would still be a mudblood.

As the pureblooded wizards are all interrelated Harry is related to Malfoy, but probably only by a connection as tenuous as eg third cousin five times removed.

~DaPirateFreak~
LMFAO laughing 5 times removed...yeah ur probally right stick out tongue

shaber
All UK Syrian Hamsters ten years ago were third cousins 79 times removed.

~DaPirateFreak~
blink Hamsters...Weird!

shaber
They were all descendents of a hamster called Mrs Syrian Mouse.

~TheDeppFreak~
riiiiiiiiiight erm

Jackie Malfoy
Yes that is true all pure blood wizards alll related in some way.But we don't know if harry is pureblood or halfblood.I don't think his mother is pureblood.
Being that her parents did say "It a honer to have a witch in the family" so that is why I don't think harry is related to draco.
More like tenth counsin removed forty times!JM

shaber
Harry is half-blood! It has been made very clear that James is a pureblood and Lily a mudblood therefore Harry = a hybrid ie a HALF-blood.

FoamyFan
well....harry and hermione arent related..so they can hook up right?!?!?!!?..i don't think hermione sould hook up with ron...ron would be better off with.....with.......with.......snape?

CoolWizard
ROFWL!
Harry and Draco are not related in the terms of close relatives like brothers or cousins. No way.
And Harry's mom was born to muggle parents, ala Hermione, but because she is a witch, Harry himself is technically a pureblood, ie both parents are magical.

FoamyFan
ahh...i understand....i think...yeah

hyper dang...i needa put the chocolate away man

shaber
A mudblood is just as bad as a muggle, surely you should have worked that out by now! Lily was a mudblood so Harry is a halfblood.

impatientinky
this has been discussed so many times (harry being half- or pureblood). i'm not gonna go into it now, just wanna say that jk herself said harry is halfblood

FoamyFan
dude....DO NOT USE THE TERM "mudblood" IT OFFENDS US! mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad

CoolWizard
Hmm okay I didnt know she said that, impatientinky. I stand corrected. As for shaber, don't ever say that again. It is rude. No need to guess which house you belong to.

you-know-who
thats true.. and thats what i find difficult about HP... if you look at hogwarts... there are not that many witches and wizards there as u would expect... including wit/wiz that come from muggles. and if all the pure bloods only marry pure bloods then they would eventually be dating their own famiy and having children with either mental or physical conditions... so this question is exactly like saying is harry related to salazar slytherin... possibly... there is no record indicating that he isnt and there is no record indicating that he is... but i dont think that he is related malfoy, because we might have heard about it in OOTP when harry is looking at sirius' family tree... thats when he found out that sirius was related to the malfoys....

do you get what i'm trying to say??

shaber
As James is a "blood traitor" the Blacks would have burned his name of their family tree.

FoamyFan
shaber? i agree with coolwiz....you belong to the slytherin house...NO doubt about that..."MudBlood" pfft...i was born one...but my parents became wiccan...i still am a "mudblood" but you don't have to fricken say that!you need to say "halfblood" or "muggleborn" your rude and i don't think you sould even be here...if it were up to me? you would have your lips sewn together and your tounge cut out,so you better watch your back...because...that could very well happen to you....have a good day *******

CoolWizard
Uh dude James Potter was not related to the Black family. He and Sirius were best friends, and I find your tone insulting to say the least.
Everyone knows there is NO such thing as pureblood, not in this day and age. Everyone is half or less.
Foamy-good one! wink

angelsflame265
So? That doesn't mean that they can't be related. .

FoamyFan
i agree with cool....and i must say...there is NO way draco and harry are related...

angelsflame265
If Harry's dad is a pureblood, and all of the purebloods are related, that means that James is related to all of the other purebloods, meaning Harry is related to all other purebloods

angelsflame265
or we can do this with math if you want

James= Pureblood
Pureblood= you are related to all other purebloods
Lily= Muggle Born

Muggle born +Pureblood = half blood
Halfblood= Related to all purebloods on one side
Lily + James = Harry
Harry= Halfblood

Harry= Related to all purebloods on dads side

FoamyFan
blah blah blah.....i believe what i believe....he is NOT related to draco

CoolWizard
I agree, sorry angelsflame, your math does not prove anything. If only Rowling had been more specific about this.

I think I am getting a headache now....

FoamyFan
yes..as am i

angelsflame265
come on guys its just a tad bit of algabra smile

impatientinky
i know what you're saying and agree. james being a pureblood he's most likely related to all kinds of purebloods, and since harry is his son he would be related to the same poeple.
but i kinda have my doubts about anything like that coming up in the future books (harry and draco finding out they are related). it is theoretically possible, but i don't see it happening smile

FoamyFan
like i said before...NO WAY!

CoolWizard
Amen, sister! It aint gonna happen, no way hosey..... making them related would be stupid. thumb down

FoamyFan
yep...and i have a pretty good idea that JK won't let that happen..

tigress
i think that the reason dumbledore said he has no relatives left is the fact he may be related to the malfoys through his dad that wouldve been a serious nono he wouldve been taken to voldie on a silver plate. all pure bloods are related to a certain extent.

impatientinky
that's why i said:

"it is theoretically possible, but i don't see it happening "

CoolWizard
Right on!

shaber
A very hostile atmosphere here!

Incidentally, I think I read somewhere else that the statistics in the WW are now 25% pureblood, 50% mixed heritage and 25% mudblood. In Slytherin's time there would only have been a few muds and everyone else would have had pure ancestry. The system is still geared towards the favour of the purebloods because Sirius' aunt aspired to make mugglehunting legal. The only way she could aspire to this as even a remote possibility would be if the purebloods pulled greatest weight.

tigress
good point hun

CoolWizard
The pureblooods have always pulled a lot of weight, though dude. Look at powerful and older families like the Malfoys.
It doesn't make them right , however influential they are.
Hagrid had it right when he said there are no pureblooods in this day and age, everyone is half or less.
It makes little difference if there were not as many halfbloods in Salazar's time, it is still wrong.
Also, the term of mudblood is offensive, to me as much as Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley. I wish we could find another word for it.

FoamyFan
WOOHOO!..whatever...no way...end of subject

angelsflame265
they are most likely related but it most likely wont' come up in the harry potter books (i'm still suprised that i mixed math and harry potter stick out tongue)

CoolWizard
If it is not brought up in the books, then the matter IS closed, as that is the only way we will know for sure.
Otherswise it is pure idle speculation, and you can no more prove it than we can.

Stalemate I believe.

tigress
would be bloody brilliant though hmm fan fics come to mind lol Ive seen many where the author has given a good case supporting it Angel, dont worry bout the math we know what you meant hun

hugs to ya. wink

eezy45
wait, but Lily... a pure-blood? In that case Petunia would be a squib, right?

tigress
I guess hun

eezy45
Hmm, I don't really think so, I'd anyway rather think Lily is a half-blood...
That's what Tom Riddle or Voldemort in some book said...
I guess it was the 2nd.

tigress
yeah but the theory is hun that ahe was a powerfull witch james was a purewblood so harry is near enough a pure blood I think i have a headache thinking about this one lol

eezy45
lol. The issue is about Lily being pure-blooded, not Harry stick out tongue

tigress
i dont know any more 'cries'
lol

Telperaca
Okay, I'm just going to post my opinion without really reading the past posts, sorry. So if anything I say has already been mentioned, don't sue me! laughing out loud

I think that it's mentioned somewhere (or my mind probably thinks I've read it some where) that all the pure blood wizard families are inter-related. Harry's father is a pure-blood wizard, and so was the whole of Malfoy's familly so there might be a commection there.

eezy45
I. That's what everyone does lol

II. Yeah, good point wink

eezy45
^ok that was a sub issue, not the issue lol

tigress
I thought it was is Harry related to Draco im confused my brain is mashed lol

eezy45
that's the main issue, I was talking about Lily stick out tongue

tigress
lol ok i do think that petunias a squib hun i agree with that Lily is possibly a pureblood but i dont know how when she is a muggleborn.

eezy45
Adopted? laughing out loud

tigress
good point hun i have seen a fic where thats has been the case good idea hun i mean why would there be a similarity like lily having hair that could become of a weasley and petunia be blonde hmm

shaber
Lily has "dark red" rather than bright red hair. Red hair DNA is a mutation of blonde hair DNA. Lily was a mudblood - remember Snape refers to her as one in his worst memory and noone contradicts him on that point?

BlackHatDefect
That would be the coolest twist ever!

If only JK didn't hate Draco's guts..

I don't think she'd do that concidering she loths him like she does.

tigress
dunno then sorry

shaber
You'll notice that Draco is alot less contemptuous towards half-bloods than Bellatrix is. Draco just thinks Harry has no proper wizard feelings, but Bellatrix thinks that as he is a mongrel Harry's tongue defiles words!

FoamyFan
i totally agree with you matt...yes

tigress
maybe she wants us to think she hates Draco maybe a bizarre plotline will see Harry and Draco becoming at least friends and together they win a victory ridding us of voldie, it could be the power harry has that the dark lord knows not is winning over his enemies Draco's not really evil hes been fed lies and predjudice fro, his father his whole life, i hope they are related and kick voldies butt together,

FoamyFan
heh..as if

shaber
Draco wouldn't exactly be following in his father's footsteps then!

tigress
hey you never know miracles happen 'grins'

CoolWizard
Nope Draco is already a a young clone of his father, and he is well on the way to being exactly like him. If he could, I bet he would even be a Death Eater.
Draco is the stereotypical bully and chief rival to harry and making them friends would undermine this.
But as I see it, it would not affect things that much if they did end up being distant cousins or whatever.
Many heroes in literature have brothers or cousins for their arch nemesis.
But friends? No way....

~TheDeppFreak~
meh...i'm juss gonna wait till the book and THEN find out shifty

CoolWizard
Good plan, that will be the only way anyone will know, unless someone reads it off the internet at some spoiler site, of course.

tigress
people can and always do change

CoolWizard
Hmm you're only saying that because you like slash fics with him and Harry. The evidence is clealy there he will continue to be a running foil to Harry.

Besides, we are talking about characters, not real people. Don't take it so seriously.

tigress
no im saying that because i believe people can and do change !

I know the difference between JK's work and slash fics thank you very much what ship I happen to like has no bearing on this discussion

BlackHatDefect
Tigeress is just smart.

Draco is not an animal,hes a human.Humans are not one dimentional.

Nuff said

tigress
thanx Black Hat Defect

~TheDeppFreak~
rock

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.