Need name of 80's movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ahbl2
I need the name of an old 80's movie. It was about some aliens trying to take over the world. They were taking control of people by inserting something in the back of their necks. Some kids try to stop them and all I can remember is they end up underground with one of the alien weapons that uses copper to work, so they use pennies. Any help would be great.

Thanks

Agent
It reminds me of "the puppet masters" - 1994, Director: Stuart Orme

QUOTE - This film must have given lead actor Donald Sutherland a sense of deja vu. After all, this isn't the first picture he's starred in about otherworldly beings coming to this planet and taking over human bodies. Unfortunately, his second exploration of the scenario isn't nearly as good as his first, 1978's creepy Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

The Puppet Masters tells a story of alien invasion. The creatures, which bear a remarkable resemblance to the face-suckers from the Alien movies, have come to Earth on a mission of conquest (at least that's the loose impression that the picture gives - it's not too concerned about motivation). They attach themselves to a victim's back, stick a probe in their neck, and take over their nervous system, in effect turning them into a puppet.

First contact comes in Ambrose, Iowa, a small town with a population of just over 10,000. The aliens multiply at an alarming rate, so it isn't long before the entire town is possessed and, like a disease, the infestation spreads rapidly. Called in to investigate are two members of the ultra-secret Office of Scientific Intelligence, the father-and-son team of Sam and Andrew Nivens (played by Eric Thal and Donald Sutherland, respectively). Joining them is exobiologist Mary Sefton (Julie Warner), who is "on loan" from NASA.

What they find in Ambrose is a hoax covering up the aliens' true plans. The race is then on as the U.S. government seeks to find a way to vanquish the invaders before the human race is overwhelmed. UNQUOTE.

ahbl2
No thats not it. It is more of a kids movie than a Horrer. Its mainly about the kids trying to stop them.

HockeyFace
Do the aliens take over at the end after the lead kid thinks he stoped them and do the aliens look like toxic sludge? I vaguelly rember a film like that.

ahbl2
Yes, I think thats how it went. You dont have a name?

Iron Falcon
would it be Return of the Living Dead?

ahbl2
No its not a realy a scary movie

HockeyFace
Da*mn god! that's the one! I have been searching for my life for that! Someone give us the answer to this question!

Iron Falcon
i would not call that scary, it was more of a joke

seven_inch
..........ALIEN EXIST....................

ahbl2
I think it migth be Invaders from Mars (1986) I am going to rent it and see.

ahbl2
It is the Movie!!!

Kes
Ok. Question answered.
closing--closed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.