TPM Lines

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Jedi
What's you're favourite lines from TPM?

1. Yoda's fear speech.
2. "No one can kill a Jedi"
3. "Wipe them out, all of them"
4. "I had a dream I was a Jedi"
5. "You're apprentice Skywalker, will be"

yerssot
the third:
the small pause and the laugh it is MARVELEUS

mah
i don't think none of your options is best. instead this:

"Negotiations? We've lost all communication!"

It just sounds a bit freaky big grin

Ushgarak
Deja vu again!

If you remember, KJ, my favourite line was

"You are a much wiser man than I," said by Qui-Gon to Obi-Wan. A breathtaking piece of humility and confidnece in his apprentice that speaks volumes about the Master.

King Jedi
laughing out loud Hey I'm into recycling!

The list I posted was just my favourites not a list to pick from.

Ratcat
Yoda's speach, I believe the power of those words will stretch on into II & III/

LanceWindu
Same for me. Those words are almost like a poem discussing Anakin's future.

King Jedi
Yoda always has the coolest lines. big grin

yerssot
Yes, surely the line:
R2, your father am I

jedi212guy
Fear speech, hands down. big grin

King Jedi
Jar Jar: "the sun's doin murder to meesa skin"

LanceWindu
How about Anakin: "I'm a person and my name is Anakin!"

yerssot
Espacially the agression in it

King Jedi
That was a good line.

LanceWindu
It somewhat tells about the anger he holds within him.

Ushgarak
AAAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!

Sorry, but people looking for the hidden dark side in little Anakin I think are missing the point. Somehwat the point of the Anakin presented in TPM is that he was perfect and angelic, so much better to contrast the person he becomes.

ALL his Dark Side emotions are deep-seated and hidden so only the Jedi can spot them. That line is not evidence of hidden anger, it's just him being expressive!

It;s like all those people that think that Greedo fighting scene shows his Dark Side. No, it shows he is a boy who gets into a fight with another that calls him a cheat. Sounds like EVERY boy to me.

mah
well, it's not like the dark side within him is non-existing in the film. anakins theme for an example.

yerssot
Music doesn't matter, it creates a mood

Ushgarak
You mean the Anakin's theme that JW deliberately made with the same rhythm as the Imperial March but with the complete OPPOSITE mood with the intent of darkening it again WHEN the Dark Side starts to rise within him?

yerssot
Perhaps he meant that, yeah ... confused confused

Ushgarak
In that case I will happily say that Anakin's theme proves MY point.

King Jedi
Anakins theme was to foreshadow what he would become. But it was for us. It was a reminder to us that this bouncy little kid would become Vader. If this was obvious from the images then there would probably be a different Anakin theme in TPM. But it wasn't obvious except to the people who know the story.

Someone who had no idea what SW was about and had never seen the OT would watch TPM and only the tone of the music would hint at Anakin becoming bad.

ToMacco
I don't know what you guys are talking about, but my favorite line from TPM is "I'm not sure this floor is entirely stable!"

yerssot
"I'm a person and my name is Annakin!"
It somewhat tells about the anger he holds within him.
*Looks at Ush, and runs away*
rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

Ushgarak
Yeah, real evil, Dark-Side fortelling anger there...

yerssot
now, that wasn't that hard to admit, wasn't it Ush?

Ushgarak
I mean, I don't know why I didn't clock Anakin as en evil bastard right from the start there. You are so right! My word, Qui-Gon should have sliced him down at once!

ToMacco
One thing I always thought about:

Qui-Gon: "Anakin Skywalker, meet Obi-wan Kenobi."

Anakin should have replied "Nice to meet you, I"m gonna chop off your head in 30 years!"

yerssot
You can't say he's an angel! Look at his face during the battle, pure aggresion

Ushgarak
No, but he is mostly NORMAL! That;s the whole point, people keep trying to find his 'hidden Dark Side' in all these things where as actually thar's just the same as anyone out there, no hideen reservoir of pure evil. And in many other ways Anakin is quite the opposite.

The Jedi did not voice concern over his anger or aggression. It was his FEAR, a problem so deep-seated that only the Council could uncover it, it was not obvious on the surface.

ToMacco
maybe

yerssot
I don't say he's pure evil, I just said he isn't an angel

Ushgarak
But what do you mean by that? Why point it out? People try too hard to look for a Dark Side in Jake Lloyd, that's what I am saying.

yerssot
Well, I didn't had to look hard to see that he wasn't pure 'white'

Ushgarak
Yes, but nobody is perfect. He's just acting like a kid. Big surprise.

Ratcat
I don't think we were supposed to see any real evil in Anakin age 9.

All he showed was the normal definace that any 9 year old would show.

Ushgarak
Exactly. But now everyone is treating the 'fight with Greedo' scene as demonstrative of his Dark Side. Gee...

ToMacco
Anakin wasn't evil at all in TPM. He wasn't an angel, but a pretty damn nice kid. He risks his life to race in the pod, which he will be rewarded nothing for.

I'd say Anakin was very curious about things, and he absalutely knew that his place wasn't on Tatooine.

finti
Posted by ToMacco

well he will receive glory if he wins and status, which mean a lot to a slave.

yerssot
HEY! I also said he isn't dark but also not an angel. There is hate in him but not fully in him

Ushgarak
What do you mean, 'there is hate in him'? What are you trying to say with that? Again, there seems to be too much attention payed to his so-called bad points.

yerssot
He has good in him and also bad

King Jedi
Like every kid. Yerrsot did you never get upset as a kid? Or did you never get into a fight? Everyone did but it doesn't mean they have some un-controlable anger and a dark side in them. It just means they're normal.

yerssot
nope,
and I always said that he was normal, I just said that because Ush let's me thinks that Anakin is an angel...

jedi212guy
Anakin is overwhelmingly good. I would say that he is 95% good with 5% evil. You don't see the evil because he is a really nice kid. He's not perfect, so I'll say that he's 5% evil.

Now Episode II, the percentage will change to about 70% good, 30% evil.

yerssot
even after he kills an entire tribe of Tusken Raiders?

jedi212guy
That's just one scene. Lucas has said that he is still overall a good Jedi.

yerssot
so you can do that and still be a good guy?

jedi212guy
In real life, probably not. But in the context of the story, he is still a good guy. No one is pure evil or pure good, even Luke or Palpatine.

yerssot
well he did let the hatred flow through him...

King Jedi
I'd sat Palpatine is pure evil.

yerssot
that explains his red eyes, somebody knows what that means?

King Jedi
It means he doesn't get enough sleep.

yerssot
no! that is his skin-problem... evil face

ToMacco
Ha ha. I know why Palpatine has got red eyes roll eyes (sarcastic) smokin' smokin' smokin' smokin' smokin' smokin' smokin' smokin'

He's probably always hungry, too! evil face

yoda900
first I will comment on Anikin and Evil. he is very non-evil in E1, becuase the whole point is he was a very good person "your faterh was a good man until he truned to the darkside, he was seduced by the emporer" etc... No, something happens later to get him to the dark side. Also, he comes full circle at the end of ROTJ, just before he dies, back to the very non-evil anikin.

now for some Star Wars Lines:

This one almost applies to the Northern Alliance/USA witht he taliban and Alquida
"The negotiations will be short"
"You were right about one thing master, the negotiations were short" laughing out loud

"I will not let my people suffer and die while you discuss this invasion in a committee"
"This is getting out of hand, now there are 2 of them, we should not have made this bargain"
referring to Anikin "Another pathetic life form" (hey, that is why he hates obi wan so much, he reffered to him as a pathetic life form when they first met. hmm.
lol

ToMacco
First of all, obviously something happens to turn him to the dark side. Most beleive it will be the death of his mother. I've always said it would be the 'no love' deal. It will most likely be a combination of things. I think the icing on the cake will be when Padme won't tell Ani where she has hidden his son, so he kills her, and becomes Vader.

Second, Ani doesn't hate Obi-wan. Ben's comment about a pathetic life form was uneducated, because he had no idea it was Anakin. And Ani didn't hear him say that.

And in ANH, Ben says Ani "was a good friend". So there's no hate there. . . at least not yet!!!! eek!

yoda900
I was just being silly and making up that as the reason to try and be funny. I know he said anikin was a good freind, I would not believe for even a moment that that comment would be it.

ToMacco
Oh, my bad! smile

LaurenE147
I've always thought of Anakin as a sickeningly sweet little kid. He did th podrace because he would be helping people and and he loved podracing. He didn't ask for any of the winnings and seemen surprised when Qui-Gon gave him the money for the podracer. The Greedo-species kid is just a norml kid losing control. I think that he has no evil in him yet. Just normal child impulses. And not very many of those.

peluffo
"It's all Obi Wans Fault...!!!!"

If you compares the ani kid (with all his good acts to whom he unknows), with the arrogant, impulsive and out of limits young jedi of the trailers, you will ask as I do... what the h*** has made OB1 with that little kid???????? This old grumpy man deserves his destiny forgotten and lone in the wastelands of tattooine!!!!

(hehe, i'm just spittin the floor to make someone blood boils) wink

yoda900
I always wonder why people keep questining Ani in TPM. they always talk about the little kid lines and what not and why is he so innocent etc..

I dont think anyone here said anything like that, just somewhere else on the net, but if any of those people read it I will answer it.

He plays a 9 year old for God sakes, so he is going to act like a 9 year old. He is so innocent because he is supposed to be pure good. "your faterh was a good man until he was seduced by the dark side, he is more machine now than man, the good man who was your father is dead, so what I told you was true from a certain point of view"
And thus, it makes the story of Anikin more dramatic. I even remember Lucas talking about the OT. in Episode 1 they win, in Epidose 2 they get into a situation that seems impossible to get out of, in epidode 3, they get out, that is just good drama (oops, replace 1,2,3 with 4,5,6 respectively, that is what I meant"

King Jedi
Exactly. And if we hadn't seen Anakin as the innocent young kid then they way he acts now wouldn't seem so strange.

Julie
Ahhh...it's always a sad time when a good guy goes bad... sad

King Jedi
But when he turns into Darth Vader it's kind of cool. evil face

yerssot
But how..?

Julie
King, your kinda scaring me.....it's a tragedy when Anakin goes bad....How can it be cool when a sweet boy turns into a killing machine for a sick, twisted old guy bent on galaxy domination???

yerssot
well, GL said that if you were Anakin you would do the same thing as he...

Ushgarak
That's what GL thinks... but we will see.

I agree, Julie, it all seems horrible enough to me.

Julie
Thanks, Ush smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.