New X2 DVD Site

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

njherbz741
Superhero Hype has details on the upcoming DVD. Disc 1 features the film in anamorphic widescreen with Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1 surround sound, some on-set featurettes, along with two commentary tracks with Director Bryan Singer. eleven deleted scenes, though which of the following titles they will be is unsure right now.. Professor Xavier and Cyclops return, Fight in the mall, Extended Wolverine vs Deathstrike, Nightcrawler's Mark, Rogue and Bobby talk about Pyro, Mystique stealing files, Jean and Storm scene in the X-Jet, Rogue helps kids during mansion attack, Extended Colossus and X-Kids Scene, Wolverine enters the 'Danger Room' door (oooo that will be exciting!), Alternate Opening Sequence and Professor X's Victory. On Disc 2 there's five featurettes....Return of the Mutants...Mutant Effects...X2: The Cast....Reflections..and..Future of the X-Men video,then on-set making of special , an HBO: First Look special, 4 Trailers, 7 TV Spots, Art Gallery andAnimatics. i cant wait to buy this!!

DemonicGambit
Are you serious?! OH I can't wait for it to come out!!!!

Paola
I will have to buy a DVD.........

masterofmatrix
2 discs heavy

tokyo_goddess
Dude...taht almost makes me wonder what a possible X-men 2.5 will be like!? If it came out...the dvd's just keep getting better! smile

buffymitch
where did you get this info

njherbz741
i got it all here

http://www.superherohype.com/cgi-bin/news/xmen.cgi?newsid1057668316,20966,

X-WOMen
I'm excited!! Can't wait till what...September 17?

njherbz741
yep, and there also making an X2 and X-men 1.5 double feature DVD!

http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=1&c=1935&n=1&burl=

Kes
X2 DVD news!

"X2 on DVD November 25!
Tuesday, August 5, 2003 7:42 CDT

'Spider-Man-Rox' alerted us that www.Amazon.com is now taking pre-orders for the X2 DVD hitting stores on November 25.

Stay tuned for the full details on the DVD, but you can get your copy at the link above!"

http://www.superherohype.com/cgi-bin/news/xmen.cgi?newsid1060087326,13442,

royal_jester
That sounds cool man...and happy b-day today big grin

Evil-X
Huh? it's coming out Nov.25th?

Evil-X
Have you seen the Widescreen and Fullscreen covers? They don't look as good as I thought they could be.

Kes
There are some DVD news here:
http://www.superherohype.com/x-men/

njherbz741
evil-x, you dont like the covers .... they look awsome!!

njherbz741
and

njherbz741
and again

X-WOMen
Whoa.... smokin' eek! Looks awesome....

mutant x
does anybody know when it will comes out to buy

njherbz741
i know.... its pathetic...he he

DemonicGambit
Okay I originally heard that they planned to release it on Sept 15th or 17th. But now I'm hearing that it is going to be released on Nov 25th or something

X-WOMen
lol. We can only dream of it in our heads..... angel

DemonicGambit
That would be so cool!

BOPRecruit 16
just a short while ago, i was reading movie articles at SuperHero Hype! and one of them talked about a new site for the x2 dvd. it includes more graphics in the menus, includes more scenes from x2, insight to the making of x2, and so forth. i've already watched all the special effects talk and x2 clips, they come in really good depending on the type of player you have and computer. when i watched them in window media player, it was such smooth motion, it was as if i were watching the real deal. i can't wait for this dvd to come out on november 25th! check the site out and have fun!

X2 DVD : available 11/25

p/s - towards the bottom of the page where it says "navigate", click on it and a x will pop up. it'd divided up into sections, check those out. the best one is "downloads". when you get to downloads, check out the second floading file thing. it's hella sick!!!

pp/s - i know that i could've posted this thread in the dvd talk, but i knew it wouldn't get enough attention if i put it there.

Mirage
the official site is good too

http://www.xmen2-movie.com

Mirage
the official site is good too

Icy-Glare
was good probably it isn't there anymore... too bad
btw... available 11/25, shouldn't that be 10/25,
I got it about a week ago

G.P
hehe shifty I got it last Thursday... I still don't understand why the American version takes so much time to come out...

Anyway the Dvd is great... smile

Icy-Glare
yeah I really enjoyed the DVD, only down thing I can imagine is the lack off bloopers etc.
only one; and it's not really a blooper.. at the end of 'the making off..."

Kes
Most of the bloopers were R rated

Mystique
please tell me Happy Dance

G.P
laughing out loud Indeed. "Did I miss something ?"

BOPRecruit 16
the old x2 dvd site was retarded by saying it came out on the 29th of last month. that was such a lie for the u.s. not fair for those who have it already! i'm so freakin' jealous! i can't wait until the end of this month.

so what do you people think of the new site and clips from x2 they have there?

Icy-Glare
R-rated..hmm
makes me wonder even more
first I'd like to see them...
now I want to...
tomorrow I even might need to...
this thing gets worse every minute wacko

easter eggs anyone ???

Kes
Theres a site that has the discription of the bloopers.
Superhero Hype I think. I'll look later and post them,k?!

DezW
it is so unfair!
I've heard that the x2 dvd come out in Hungary 11/11, but no... not 11/25... i can't wait... i can't waiiit! no sad

Icy-Glare
can't find a thing on the net about the whereabouts of any other blooper / joke on the 2-DVD set other than the one I descibed before

rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

I did find the list on superhero hype... so it's joke numer 19 that made the DVD

buffymitch
I have question realted to the DVD. The site say it has over 7 or 6 hours of bonus material. Does this include the 2 commentaries coz if it does that means all the bonus material is just 3 or 4 hours. The movie is 2 hours long and two commentaries means 4 hours out of the 7.
Does anybody know??

BOPRecruit 16
there's bloopers?! alright! sweet!

Icy-Glare
As I said before... so far I've seen 1 (one) prank...
The one where Jean Grey enters the oval office at the end... after being flushed near the dam... claiming that she's a little late since she couldn't find a good spot to park the X-jet, then Wolvie states to have saved her a spot, but she claims to rather stand next to her man (Scott a.k.a. Cyclops)

but I got a feeling that there's more... since first there was the question for the director if there would be another X-men movie...then as is the session was cut you'd get so see this prank... and as soon as it was over you get the answer that there sure will be another movie... so maybe more jokes / bloopers made the DVD... you just need to unlock them somehow

confused

Phoenix
25th of november!?!?!? I thought it was out on the 11th! *cries*

Phoenix
Is it out in england yet, anyone?

Icy-Glare
well.. I searched all over the 2 DVD's but no other bloopers..jokes or anithing else than stated above... too bad guys, I'd really like to see more of them... but hey, can't have it all

blink

*DarkPhoenix*
its out in England this Monday (the 10th)

D-Chan
I read on a site that in the UK, there will be 3 versions of the DVD, the simple edition, the collector edition and the ultimate edition (here in France we didn't have the 3rd one !!!) so I don't know what they will put on the Ultimate edition ??? It will be available on november the 30th so I can't wait to see what it will be !!!

D-Chan

BOPRecruit 16
i'm not sure what edition is which, but i do know that there's going to be a two-disc set (one with the movie and the other with specail features) and a four-disc pack (x-men 1.5, x2, special features, and ?).

D-Chan
Okay, thanks for the info, so actually, in France we already have the ultimate edition , 4 discs (X-Men 1.5 collector - 2 discs - and X-Men 2 collector - 2 discs - no other special feature )

D-Chan

ab012f9448
I Want More Bloopers! I read that hugh jackmans sister dressed up as wolverine and wnet on camera as him and Bryan singer thought it was really hugh and then everyone started laughing at him because he was shouting orders at his sis. Man, i would pay anything to see that. Someone needs to find the footage and put it on the net. laughing

Phoenix
I got the single disc one - it was all i could afford!

G.P
Well don't be disappointed Phoe... The second disc can easily be forgotten: it's good but not fantastic... I've learned more things by listening to the commentaries than in the 2nd DVD... The 'making of' is not that good...

BOPRecruit 16
from what i read and scene of the special features, they look good! didn't remember it mentioning bloopers, but i do hope so! does anyone have a pic of that hugh and his sister's blooper?

G.P
What really pleased me in the "making of X-men" in the 1.5 Dvd was the fact that you can see Singer actually directing the movie, making tests for the wheelchair, the guns... , thinking about what he can do or what he was going to do...
In the "Making of X2" half of the documentary is fulled with people (writers, producers, actors) talking and talking and talking : so in fact it's not really a "making of..." documentary erm
Plus the deleted scenes are really short...

The more I compare it to the 1.5 dvd, the more I'm disappointed...

ab012f9448
Yeah, it's no where near as good as X-Men 1.5. They have probably saved it for X men 2.5 or something like that so they can scam us out of more of our hard earned money. Also, some of the r rated stuff was all the cast and crew talking about how rouge and bobby could get around rouges mutation and actually do it. Don't think we is ever gonna see that footage but man would that be funny. devil laughing devil

ab012f9448
MY BLOOPER HAS BEEN FOUND!!!!! Go to the x2 gag reel thread and follow Shadowy_blues instructions on how to download the gag reel. It is soooooo worth it. Hugh and his sister look so much alike, its uncanny and you can see Ian Mckellen fall onto a cameraman, brian cox screwin up too many times and singer and xavier having a wheelchair race. I don't think i have ever laughed so much. Why wasn't this on the DVD?!? laughing laughing big grin laughing Happy Dance

BOPRecruit 16
i've never seen x-men 1.5, waiting for the four pack in less than 12 days from now.

Kes
No the R rated stuff is Ian and Rebbecca giving a hot dog a blow job, Bobby liking a bottle and wolvie in the scene where mystique goes from Jean to herself, then Storm and Rogue. He takes out a condom with them all and with Rogue he kisses her.
Those are the ones I remember.

ab012f9448
Wow, really? Did you see that on a website or did you just read about it cause i wanna see it. I need a good laugh. laughing

Kes
I read on a news report. They were showned in some thing they did in Hawaii.

Paola
how long ago was the 1.5 dvd released?

Paola
I bought the X2 VHS...... and the extra feature is....... 4 X2 tatoos....... and the chance to win a Freelander roll eyes (sarcastic) I almost died of excitement and joy roll eyes (sarcastic)

G.P
On February 11th 2003 in the US.
a couple of months later here (France)

G.P
erm

VallejoKid707
that dvd cover with professor x... is he standing up?

LISA-J
I've watched the entire x-2 dvd and can't find any hidden easter eggs.Has anyone else.Also what did you think of it,I had kinda already seen most of the behind the scenes stuff in the previews etc.but it was still great. smile

G.P
I can't find any Easter egg sad
As I told sooner, I'm a little bit disapointed when I compare it to X-men 1.5.
But in many respects it's really good.

BOPRecruit 16
i recently saw pix for a new cover of x-men 1.5. one more week until the dvd comes out!!! eek!

roboboi
im really confused, on the one disc version of x-2 it says the special features are commentaries but i dont know how to actually listen to them? help

rwendelin
there is a special edition coming out right because thats the one i want to get.

BOPRecruit 16
since my dad will be working late and i can't drive yet, how am i supposed to get the dvd on the day it comes out!?

G.P
You just have to change the language when you play it (in the meu or during the movie)

roboboi
ohrite thanks alot

X-WOMen
Yay!! X2 is out on DVD!!! rock lets all celebrate!

http://64.70.49.107/x2dvd/

BOPRecruit 16
i called tower and blockbuster yesterday, they didn't have the four disc pack that i wanted! sucks! have to wait until later today to buy it! grr!

Vampiree
like, yahoo!!!! after 3 hours of searchin the net i've finally found a place where y' can download the deleted scenes from x2! http://www.treknews.de/treknews/newspro-treknews/static/106172258730050.php all of ya who don't have them or the dvd just click on the link big grin if this adress WAS posted before then i'm sorry, close this thread, if not: enjoy! big grin

D-Chan
There was a link on a thread of this board (don't remember where sorry embarrasment ) where you could find the whole deleted scenes (cause there are 11 one on the DVD)

D-Chan

Vampiree
shit... please remember big grin i'm makin puppy eyes d-chan! smile

Kes
I think it was www.superherohype.com
You'll have to look around thou cos it was some time ago.

VallejoKid707
Did anyone see Trailer A on disc 2? It shows the Danger Room! It is just of the danger room and nothing else. at the end you can see a glimpse of the danger room conrol center.

G.P
Ooooooh ! Never would I think of this... eek! Yes, It seems so.

Paola
mad I don't like you Vallejo!!!!

VallejoKid707
why?

In the musuem scene where everyone freezes and the camera moves to the tv, watch closley at a woman whos wearing a blue shirt and a dark blue jacket. SHE BLINKS! i dont think people can blink when the cant move or do anything.

Paola
'cause you have the DVD!!! mad

stick out tongue that's not true I do like you wink

VallejoKid707
i like you too paola!

everyone one knows that when mystique hacks into styrkers computer, theres a list of mutant names and stuff. well there are some other names that ppl didnt put. i dont have the program to post dvd scenes or whatever so ill just list the names...

Allerdyce, John (Pyro)
Aquilla, Amara (Magma)
Blaire, Alison (Dazzler)
Blevins, Sally (Skids)
Braddock, Elizabeth (Psylocke)
Callastanos, Maria (Feral)
Cassidy (2) (Banshee and Black Tom Cassidy)
Cheney, Lila (-)
Creed, Victor (Sabertooth)
DaCosta, Roberto (Sunspot)
Dane, Lorna (Polaris)
Drake, Bobby (Iceman)
Dukes, Fred (Blob)
Espinosa, Angelo (Skin)

Paola
big grin

eek! http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/Jumpy.gif http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/clapping.gif http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/clap.gif

Paola
tell us more Vallejo!!!!

VallejoKid707
Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing big grin big grin Happy Dance Happy Dance everyone knows im a berto fan!

Paola
but now.... who's

Blevins, Sally (Skids)
Espinosa, Angelo (Skin)

confused

VallejoKid707
Skids

Class: mutant

Affiliations: former member of: Acolytes of Magneto / Mutant Liberation Front / X-Terminators, former associate of X-Factor

Scale of Operations: California

Powers: Blevins possesses the mutant power to generate a nearly impenetrable force field around her body. The unique property of the field makes it impossible for anyone to hold onto her, and Blevins has learned to move at moderate speeds by skating her slippery field across the ground. Over time, Blevins has learned to extend her field temporarily in order to protect others.

History: The mutant known as Skids has a personal protective field that provides nearly total protection from all attacks. Her force field has unique properties that make it impossible for anyone to hold on to her. Therefore, Skids cannot be grabbed or entangled and can move at moderate speeds by "skating" on her force field across the ground. If Skids concentrates, she can extend her force field to protect others in her immediate area.

Little has been revealed of Sally Blevins' past. It is known that her power first manifested itself after she was abused by her stepfather. The current status of Blevins' parents is unknown. She ended up a runaway, living on the streets (or rather under them) with the Morlocks, a group of homeless mutants. At one point, Blevins encountered Rusty Collins, who was being pursued by the Freedom Force (government-chartered mutant enforcers composed of former members of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants) and a mob of mutant-hating humans. Collins had accidentally injured a woman with his pyrokinetic powers and was wanted by the U.S Government. Blevins' force field allowed the two to easily escape, but were eventually overtaken by the Freedom Force on the edge of Central Park.

Before the evil mutants could take them in, a mob of humans attacked the Freedom Force. In the confusion, Blevins and Collins escaped. Blevins tried to get Collins to the safety of the underground home of the Morlocks, but the Freedom Force caught up with them again, this time in the sewers beneath New York. The Force member Blob was pounding Collins into the sewer wall when the mutant hero team X-Factor arrived. After a brief skirmish, Freedom Force retreated.

With X-Factor's mentorship, Blevins and Collins began to learn more about their powers, and were the first of several X-Factor trainees. They shared other adventures alongside the rest of X-Factor's trainees, at one point calling themselves the X-Terminators. In this capacity, the team helped stop a demonic invasion of New York.

Eventually, X-Factor was disbanded and most of their trainees were inducted into membership of another team of young-heroes-in-training, the New Mutants. Blevins and Collins, however, learned instead that Freedom Force were taking mutant infants that were abducting during the demonic invasion into government custody. They tried to save the children but were imprisoned. The other New Mutants were unable to rescue their friends due to their concurrent adventures.

While in prison, Collins was able to break himself and Blevins out, in order to prevent the villainous Vulture from releasing another villain, Nitro, from captivity. The couple were returned to custody, however, and were not

A mutant terrorist group, the Mutant Liberation Front, took notice of Blevins and Collins and broke into the high-security installation liberating Blevins and Collins. In the process, they had a brief run-in with the time-travelling mutant Cable, who was also trying to rescue Blevins and Collins at the same time. For reasons of their own, the couple voluntarily joined the Front, and served with them for a brief time.

Blevins and Collins were kidnapped, however, by the Acolytes of Magneto when that team of self-styled mutant saviors attacked and decimated the ranks of the Front. The Acolytes took the couple to the orbiting space-station Avalon and inducted them into their group.

Later, however, the mutant Holocaust attacked the Acoytles and destroyed their space station headquarters. Rusty Collins was killed and Blevins was injured. Holocaust was stopped by the mutant heroes X-Men, and Blevins was taken to the X-Men's mansion for medical attention. Upon recuperation, Blevins left the mansion without being noticed.

Blevins had become a college student, studying biological sciences. She was contacted by her friends of the New Mutants who had long since become members of the team X-Force, but they were all attatcked by the villain Reignfire, who was then leading an incarnation of the Mutant Liberation Front. During the adventure, Blevins' force field disrupted the teleportation abilities of Front member Locus, causing both of them to be caught in a trans-spatial backlash which deposited them in the Balkan country of Latveria.

Blevins and Locus were then captured by an age-old sorceress named Pandemonia, the self-styled Queen of Chaos, who sought to recruit mutants into her own personal army. With the assistance of the young sorceress Jennifer Kale, X-Force managed to defeat Pandemonia and rescue their ally.

Presumably, Blevins returned to college.

http://marvelbook.topcities.com/spics/skids.jpg

VallejoKid707
Skin
Other aliases: None known
Identity: The general public believes Angelo Espinoza to be dead.
Legal status: Citizen of the United States with no known criminal record, erroneously believed to be deceased.
Place of birth: Los Angeles, California
Marital status: Single
Known relatives: Mrs. Espinoza (mother, first name unrevealed)
Base of operations: Massachusetts Academy, Massachusetts
Group affiliation: Generation X
First appearance: X-MEN (first series) #317

History: Little is known about Angelo Espinoza before he was captured by the Phalanx entity known as Harvest. The Phalanx were attempting to discover a method by which they could assimilate mutants. Angelo has claimed to be a gang member, and is reputed to have faked his own death to escape gang life in South Central Los Angeles.

Angelo and his fellow captives Husk, M, and Blink, were rescued from Harvest by the combined efforts of Banshee, Jubilee, Synch, the White Queen, and Sabretooth. Soon after his rescue, Angelo enrolled in the newly reopened Massachusetts Academy, and became a member of Generation X.

During this time, Angelo, now calling himself Skin, and Generation X member Chamber, encountered the vigilante known as the X-Cutioner. The X-Cutioner wanted to bring Skin into custody on suspicion that he might have killed Angelo Espinoza, not realizing that Angelo and Skin were one and the same. This prompted a trip by Angelo and Chamber to travel to Los Angeles, where a tombstone with Angelo's name on it exists. The truth of Angelo's explanation for faking his death remains to be seen.

Height: 5 ft. 7 in.
Weight: 110 lbs.
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown
Skin: Gray

Strength level: Skin possesses the normal human strength of a man his age, height, and build who engages in moderate regular exercise.

Known superhuman powers: Skin is a mutant who has between four and six feet of extra skin on his body. Skin has control over this extra skin, and can extend the skin to grapple objects. When relaxed, Skin's extra skin sags and gives him the appearance of a melted candle, but with concentration Skin can contract the extra skin and pass for a normal human.

Skin's extra skin also grants him some degree of resistance to physical injury. The skin is also highly resistant to punctures and tearing, but the tensile strength of this resistance has not been recorded. When Skin falls unconscious, his skin starts to fall into a liquid state, and Angelo will appear to be melting. Why this phenomenon occurs has yet to be understood.

http://www.marveldirectory.com/pics/picss/skin.jpg

Paola
great Vallejo!!

VallejoKid707
big grin

BOPRecruit 16
got the dvd yesterday! yea! ^.~ *jump about and scream for joy*

wow, so many special features! i was glued to the tv until dinner after i got home from school. did you hear about the prank that got pulled on hugh during logan's flashback scenes at alkali? ^.~ laughing

Kes
I read that at movie-mistakes but it was corrected cos they just dont move and then dont remember stoping. But they can blink (otherwise their eyes would dry up) big grin
Or something like that...cant remember.

Kes
What? What???

D-Chan
I think BOPRecruit 16 talks about James marsden's mother and other women who were hidden when Hugh was shooting a scene nacked, he thought he was alone with the crew but ... tada .... he finished the scene and fell face to face to all these women and he tried to hide his *cough* "family jewels" but he wore his claws so he couldn't so you can guess how he felt, eh, eh (I wish I would be there to see it devil )

D-Chan

Kes
laughing

Paola
that's funny laughing

ab012f9448
He mooned them afterwards so i heard.

X-WOMen
probably needed bigger claws or something lol laughing out loud

BOPRecruit 16
so, he had to be naked for that scene, right? evil face at first, when he rehearesed it, he wore a flesh colored thong. then, nothing when he ran down the hall with the director and cameras watching from all angles. he came to the end and did his primal growl and was shocked to see a bunch of girl fans and james marsden's mom there watching and eyeing him. hugh was so embarrassed, it was hard to cover himself with the claws on...he he laughing poor hugh! he mentioned that in that one part of the sp. features where a guy sitting at a laptop enterviewed the actors and makers of x2.

Darth Vicious
First of i dont know if this was post it already but if it was, sorry, Anyways i bought the X2 dvd and through the magic of pause and zoom,LOL, in on the computer screen that Mystique is stealing the information about Celebro just before Deathstrike walks in theres a couple of files, in teresting files one of the says"Project:WideAwake" which if any of u dont know refers to the Sentinels which ids rumored to be for next movie also the others files read "Omega Red", which hopefully theyll bring to the movies one of this days, "Muir Island" where Moira McTaggert lives with her son Proteus and "Franklin Richards" which refers to the son of Fantastic Four's Mr.Fantastic and Invisible Woman, hopefu;lly they are hints of things to come!

Kes
laughing It must have been great big grin

Kes
The sentinels were rumored for X2.
I think they are just treats for the fans.

BOPRecruit 16
there are pix of the sentinenls and danger room on the special features disc.

Kes
blink

BOPRecruit 16
can't remember what section of the special features it's on, but check the galleries i guess.

D-Chan
Yeap that's in the gallery section of the DVD with some drawings of Angel too smile

D-Chan

BOPRecruit 16
the pix look pretty cool. but a killer for the actor to be to wear that, even if it wasn't made of metal.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.