Man Shan..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dim
What's so great about being a man?...None that I can see..I don't think any of the girls on the board has ever wished that they were a guy for any reason..

finti
The great thing about beeing a man is that we are in charge. big grin evil face So women get your butts back in the kitchen where it belongs laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing evil face embarrasment J/K

mechmoggy
Our equipment is less hassle. rolling on floor laughing

yerssot
I always think about a James Bond movie:

"Frankly M; I don't think you have the balls for this job!"
"Maybe but the positif about it is that I don't have to think with it."

Now that's good! rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

Dim
Hardly..atleast ours isn't trying to get out of our pants all the time..

As for power..I've never felt like I was oppressed because I was a woman.

yerssot
Now you discovered that you ARE surpressed?

King Jedi
Sometimes I wish I was a woman. stick out tongue

Dim
I'm not oppressed..

What do you want to be a woman, KJ?.. *knows full well she's being set up for something*

King Jedi
Would I do that? rolling on floor laughing
I'd just like a change sometimes. rolling on floor laughing

The only good thing I can think about being a man is that you can act like a kid and it's deemed o.k.

yerssot
And you know all about that, KJ ???

King Jedi
About being a woman or acting like a kid? big grin

Ratcat
Whoever told you it is great to be a man? Personally I think it would be better to be a woman.

Ultimately they can survive and thrive without men, men would give up as soon as someone pointed out the flaws in the procreation process...

Dim
Hehehe..I just asked the guy I work with and he said pretty much the same thing. rolling on floor laughing

Texas
Damn it, I wish I was a woman, then I wouldn't feel so embarrassed wearing these Gucci stilettos laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud

Ushgarak
Better paid, more powerful, total domination over history and sociology, can do sports that are worth a damn...

Any power a woman ever had is because a man GAVE it to her (I mean that conceptually, not literally...).

Not that I stand for discrimination, but I know what side of the fence *I* would rather be on.

Ratcat
*Steps away from thread*

I think I'll sit this one out, if you don't mind.

Ushgarak
Hey, I thought the men were due a little defending... I'd pitch in on the female side if they were losing...

Ratcat
Actually, I would just prefer NOT to get into any cross-gender issues... confused

Jameous Woodshire
Well, men can write their name in the snow. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I was thinking of posting a certian song about this subject from Monty Pythons Meaning of Life, but I dont feel like looking up the lyrics and it's probbaly not PG-13 anyway. evil face

Texas
I honestly believe that if women were the dominant gender, the world would be better off, men think with their dicks too much, that gets us in trouble and it's not very productive for society. Woman are more motherly and naturally caring. We have to remember that the male dominated role is mainly a European invention, in other cultures, mainly in the early Americas, women were the dominate race.

Ratcat
Urban Myth laughing out loud

Jameous, by the time you've drunk enough for all the letters in you name, can you still spell it? laughing out loud

Jameous Woodshire
My real name is only five letters, so I have done it. But growing up in North Texas, we could only do it once every 4 or 5 years. It hardly ever snows here. laughing out loud

finti
and it hardly "ever rains in Southern California big grin " and dont eat the yellow snow. wink

Jameous Woodshire
"Watch out where the huskies go, and dont you eat that yellow snow!"

smokin'

Ratcat
I bet Dim could do it if she put her mind to it! laughing out loud eek! laughing out loud

Jameous Woodshire
Your just looking for trouble with that remark wink

*JW steps back from RC a few yards*

laughing out loud

mechmoggy
I agree with Texas, the world would be nicer if women were in charge. There would be no wars or fighting....just a heated discussion every 28 days. big grin

finti
We had a female prime minister and no way was it better, that
f****** b**** almost ruined Norway. Why should it be no wars or fighting under female leadership? Have you ever encountered a pure female heated discussion? Not much peace there.

Dim
You just can't help yourself can you?...you just have to say something.

yerssot
Hey! I never said they were smarther big grin
I just said they don't have the trouble with thinking with their balls.
That's about it, I guess

Ushgarak
Actually, in my experience women are just as sex-obsessed as men...

Edna Witch
Riiiiiiight! Is that so? And what experience would this be then Ush? Hmmm?????

Raz
Possibly with you? wink

Edna Witch
Are you suggesting I am sex obsessed razI sincerely hope not!

Raz
Actually I was referring to his experience with women.

OK, just to prove/disprove Ush's theory, ARE you sex obsessed?

yerssot
I AM I AM I AM I AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darn it! Did I wrote that????? embarrasment embarrasment

Texas
I think it should be against the law for people over 45 to have sex, that's just disgusting eek!

King Jedi
laughing out loud Wait until you're 45 and you'll probably change your mind.

finti
"Change your mind , nothing ever stays the same
change your mind no one ever plays the game game game, change your mind give up what you cant defend.
Change your mind think it up and sart again `gain gain`."-Gary Numan.

Ehh you get tired of sex too after a while eek! stick out tongue big grin laughing out loud

Ushgarak
My experience of conversing with my female friends over time of course, Edna.

Ratcat
B...b...b...but YOU told me to. sad

Ratcat
This is true, but then mostly they lack the stamina to match....... laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud

Dim
Women are a tricky bunch..sometimes they'll pull arms off for it ..other times they don't give a damn about it.

Texas
You got that right! Some times woman can be so annoying, one day there practically putty in your hands and the next day they dont even want you to look at them roll eyes (sarcastic)

finti
hmm never had that problem big grin big grin stick out tongue

Supa
Hehe, in regards to the women vs. men ruling the countires across the world.. I just remembered a quote from a movie or series or wherever it was from.. It went something like this: Two female leaders talking about war.

Female1: Why did you invade us??!?
Female2: Oh, I think you know why!!!

We women are a bit more complex in our handling of matters, men are more straight forward.

*sneezes four times, still under the influence of a heavy cold*

aaaack!

Anyway, I'm not contagious anymore..

Ratcat
Whilst old, I believe this is now appropriate...

If you think you might be fat, you are. Don't ask us. Just get your arse in a gym.
Learn to work the toilet seat: if it's up, put the bloody thing down.
Don't cut your hair. Ever. It causes arguments when we comment on it.
Birthdays, Valentines, and Anniversaries are not quests to see if we can find the perfect present.......again
If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, expect an answer you don't want to hear.
Sometimes, we're not thinking about you. Live with it.
Anyone can buy condoms.
Get rid of your cat. And no, it's not different, it's just like every other cat.
Dogs are better than ANY cats.
Sunday = Football/Rugby/Any other sport. Let it be.
Shopping is not a sport.
Anything you wear is fine. Really.
You have enough clothes.
You have too many shoes.
Crying is blackmail. Use it if you must, but don't expect us to respond to it.
Your brother is an idiot, your ex-boyfriend is an idiot and your dad probably is too.
Ask for what you want. Subtle hints don't work.
Yes, peeing standing up is more difficult than peeing from point blank range. We're bound to miss sometimes
Most blokes own two to three pairs of shoes, so what makes you think we'd be any good at choosing which pair, out of thirty, would look good with your dress?
'Yes', 'No' and 'Mmm' are perfectly acceptable answers.
A headache that lasts for 17 months is a problem. See a doctor.
Your Mum doesn't have to be our best friend.
Foreign films are best left to foreigners.
Check your oil. It is an essential part of the car.
The relationship is never going to be like it was the first two months we were going out.
Don't fake orgasms. We'd rather be ineffective than deceived.
Anything we said 6 or 8 months ago is inadmissible in an argument. All comments become null and void after 7 days.
Telling us that the models in the men's magazines are airbrushed makes you look jealous and petty and it's certainly not going to deter us from reading them.
The male models with the great bodies you see in magazines are all gay.
If something we said could be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad and angry, we meant the other one.
Let us ogle. If we don't look at other women, how can we rate how pretty you are?
Whenever possible, please say whatever you have to say during the commercials.
Women wearing Wonderbras, low-cut blouses, tight tops, no jackets, chest level logo'd t- shirts etc. etc...., lose their right to complain about having their boobs stared at.
When we are in bed and look tired this means that we are tired and does not mean that we want to discuss the relationship.
If you want some dessert after a meal - have some. You don't have to finish it. You can just taste it if you like but don't say "No, I couldn't/shouldn't/don't want any" and then eat half of mine.
Dieting doesn't work without exercise.
If you're on a diet it doesn't mean my meals should be rabbit food as well. A man's four essential food groups are: white meat, red meat, cold beer and cold beer. Please ensure all meals contain a good balance of the above in good quantities - everything else falls under the category 'garnish'.
Do not question our sense of direction.

Gundark
Well I am in two minds about this.

Being a man, I wouldn't have to shave my legs everyday, put on eye makeup, make sure my hair looks okay, worry about that time of the month, yada, yada, yada. A man just has to s**t, shower and shave and he's out the door.

On the other hand, I couldn't stand walking around with all that stuff between my legs. That would drive me nuts after five minutes. I'd be walking like a cowboy. (no offense to the Texas crew)

Zereil
Women gain some automatic advantages,

They are automatically far more likely as and when they want to get sex, free lifts, free drinks, complements and have things paid for for them. This of course is a generalisation and is not always the case, just predominantly within the realm of what women have access to.

As to the winners this is still not clear...I'm still happy with being a guy though, I could neither ever contemplate being a woman and sleeping with a man nor being a lesbian simply on the grounds of children. That is not a slur against Lesbians just saying I could never be one...

yerssot
is this enough for this subject?

Gundark
No not yet.

I agree with Zereil on the freebie thing. I have had more drinks bought for me than I could ever count. http://www.ukobservers.net/cwm/otn/party/beerchug.gif

yerssot
Let's say guys have one good thing and women two

finti
pictures speaking there Gundy laughing out loud laughing out loud

Edna Witch
I agree with you there Gundy but I wander how many men would be able to hack being top heavey as we are!

yerssot
Hey, I don't mind that women are heavy up there wink

Edna Witch
No I didn't think you would somehow! But I for one would rather be a little less top heavy thank you very much! They may be aesthetically pleasing to the guys but a bloody nuisance if you ask me. They are just totally in the way! Especially when doing archery! Geez! Now I know why the Amazons used to cut off their right breast! (Or left if left handed!)

Gundark
Thanks for the gory history lesson, Edna. http://www.themelee.com/smilies/s/otn/violent/dark2.gif

I was, can we say, well endowed at an early age and it was very embarrassing. The only girl in 7th grade that was bigger than me was the "fat" girl. Ah, the horrors of youth.

finti
Archery? Robina Hood laughing out loud

Edna Witch
Yes Finti. I used to be very good at Archery as a child. We went on camp when we at school. I was utterly useless at all sports and well mocked because of it. You should have seen the look in the boys faces when I picked up the crossbow, and hit bullseye, even with my arm in a cast! They couldn't believe their eyes! Needless to say much of the mockery stopped that day! (Until I reached High school anyway when I stared to do stupid things like hit myself round the back of the head with a javelin)

Anyway I hadn't done any archery for quite a few years and ecided to give it a go about a year back. I loved it but soon realised that no longer being ten years old any more, I had certain assets that made aim extremely difficult, not to mention painful! I was a late developer but have made up for lost time. Ouch!

finti
Yeah always wanted to be an Indian myself ........
"Oh great father of the Iroquois ever since I was young
I've read the writing of the smoke and breast fed
on the sound of drums
I've learned to hurl the tomahawk and ride a painted pony wild
To run the gauntlet of the Sioux, to make a chieftain's daughter mine" -Elton John big grin HOOKAH HEY

yerssot
Let's keep the hormons down here!

Ushgarak
This has been a frank and interesting discussion. I always like interesting stories about life.

yerssot
Than go right ahead. But keep it clean, because there is not enough toilet paper!

Texas
Women aren't the only ones with large breasts...

Ushgarak
Suddenly this discussion interests me less...

Texas
Ok, I'll make it more thought provoking, so Ush, do you prefer large breasts or small breasts? big grin

Ratcat
Was there a picture there?

Texas, you know you just wanna suck on thos hairy titties dontcha! wink

Texas
Sorry if I offended you

Ratcat
Hrmph

Texas
.......but.........your large womanly breasts are bound to attract attention stick out tongue

Ratcat
IF I had them they would. And I'd make a fortune in the tabloids too. wink

Dim
RC doesn't have large womanly breasts roll eyes (sarcastic)

Texas
OK, OK, he doesn't have large womanly breasts, rather large manly breasts! There happy? Geezzzz, the lenghts I go to please you people wink

Ratcat
Well I do a lot of bench presses to try and keep that chest...

Thanks Dim! smile

Jameous Woodshire
Well, I'm part native american, but not enough to tell by looking, or even know what tribe.

Gundy, and Edna, It dosnt hang under our legs. If it did we would never walk anywhere! *hurts just thinking about it*

eek! laughing out loud

finti
Cool JW, I love to read about the native American history and of the different tribes.

Jameous Woodshire
Yeah, we are working it out. It seems that my Greatgrandad kept all that secret, but it was either his mom or his grandmom was full Indian. That dosent give me much blood either way, but part of my family has been here for thousands of years.

As a Texan/American, I think thats cool, because in Europe you can find long historys of the same family in the same areas. In America we (white folks) have only been here for just a few generations.

R.C. Keep doing presses, because once you stop... wink

And I'm grossing out (and LMAO too) at your comment to Tex. LOL!

yerssot
My mother and my father are married. Can anyone say THAT??? big grin big grin big grin big grin

Ushgarak
Most UK people tracing back their family names quickly end up in France, Germany, Denmark or Sweden... still, that's talking about 1000 years.

Edna is quite the genealogist with her family name, they have a big book about it or something...

yerssot
Yeah, just look under the name witch and you find them laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud

Jameous Woodshire
Yes, my mother and father are still married.

It may be why I havent married stick out tongue

laters!

Ratcat
Mine were... What point are you trying to make???

yerssot
I can't remember actually,

I was trying to say something but can't remember can't remember, can't remember, can't remember.

You know what?
I can't remember!

The more gibberisch I write, the less I can remember

Ratcat
The IS an answer to that you know... big grin

finti
The swedes didnt travell a lot to the western part of Europe 1000 years ago!!!! The Danes and the Norwegian was often on trips to England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland. A lot of the Norwegian travellers brought back English, Welsh, Scottish and Irish men and women. They mixed with the Norwegians and today there are a lot of red haired and very dark haired Norwegians, brown eyed as well. smile

Edna Witch
Oh yes Ush is right. I have a very unusual surname and we had a search done and now have a big book of "........."s all over the world. There a far fewer than we imagined. Although it is a tad out of date now. It would be good to write to some of them though and trace my family tree.

We also researched our surname back aswell. My mum managed to trace it back to a John de Shire Cliffe meaning cliffe dweller! Great! I live in a cave!

OK so I amy have given a slight hint to my surname there but I will say no more. You would only laugh. And don't say you wouldn't! Because everybody does! It's only human! But very pathetic also!

Texas
My great, great, grandfather arrived in NY from Germany in 1908, we have a copy of the page in the Ellis Island log book, where he signed his name, and it has his measurements, and the name of the ship he got off, and he only had the equivalent of $7 on him.

Ushgarak
I am SO sorry, Fintri. I have no idea what came over me because I MEANT to say Norway. I mean, of COURSE I meant Norway. Who ever heard of Swedes coming to the UK back then? Must have been distracted while typing.

BTW, Edna, just so you know, I didn't actually laugh myself. But you know what I am like.

Texas
I dont know why anyone would want to leave Norway, it was voted the #1 best place to live in the world. *packs bags, buys one way ticket to Oslo*

finti
Well they havent counted on our tax system while voting. It is a nice country to live in expensive as hell but nice. By the way Texas Oslo is one of the cities with the highest crime rates in Europe so choose another destination. Stavanger is very nice. big grin with a lot of pubs and bars and restaurants.

Just for your info on monday we have our election and it is a very very close race between the Labor
party and the Conservative party(kind of similar to the Republican party in the US) I myself is more of a democrat but probably go for the Conservative at least they want to reduce the taxes.

yerssot
Edna:
try going to France for you're family tree:

John de Shire Cliffe

John: in French you can say Joan
de: means 'of'
Shire: I thought there was a small vilage named Shire; give me a few days to find out
cliffe: no idea

Ushgarak
I think Edna has probably got all the info she can get on that one, yerssot! It really is a seriosu past-time in her family.

yerssot
Nah, I was hoping to win her trust so she would say here real name, btw: I have a really stupid name also Edna, so I KNOW I wouldn't laugh with yours

Ratcat
Hmmm, this could start something...

yerssot
http://www.themelee.com/smilies/s/cwm/3dlil/lurk.gif

I'm ready big grin

finti
Originally posted by Yerssot.
The map of France aint that big big grin

Dim
Yeah..I get alot of lame jokes about my name..that and they pronounce it with an "E"..I thought about changing back to my maiden name...but I got jokes for that one too..I'm basically screwed.

Ushgarak
What, they pronounce it Good-ie? That's just dumb...

Dim
Yes!!..what kind of idiot would say that? Then they make some LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME joke.. "Are you good? hahahhahah.."

roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ushgarak
It must be comedy central out where you live!

yerssot
Get used to it, there will be a lot of people doing that sad

Ushgarak
My name is far too dull for that sort of thing.

yerssot
What is this??? A competition to see who has the dullest name?

Texas
I knew a boy whose first name was Mateusz, try pronouncing that! He was Polish, go figure roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
roll eyes (sarcastic)

a competition alright

finti
My full name is Oleiv Fintland

King Jedi
I know a girl called Tracy Dick. So at school when her name was read out backwards it was "Dick Tracy". You can imagine the suffering she had.

Dim
One of my school superattentents was named Dick Head.. No, I'm not kidding..and this was a guy that worked with kids..I bet we made his life hell.

King Jedi
laughing out loud Maybe Dick Tracy wasn't so bad!

yerssot
I guess my name isn't that bad

finti
Spill it out!!!!!!!

King Jedi
Tin Tin?

finti
laughing out loud

yerssot
NO!!!!
btw his name in Dutch is 'Kuifje' wich is a hairstyl

finti
Yeah and you all have it down there laughing out loud

yerssot
No, only guys have that hairstyle, you put a little bit of gel or water on your hair (the hair that is above your forehead) and put it up.
That's the reason girls don't do that

finti
You would look pretty stupid if you did it with the hair below your forehead laughing out loud

yerssot
Yeah I know,
the Dutch tried that, we told that was stupid but they didn't want to listen rolling on floor laughing

finti
No they are like that because they live benit the sea level.

yerssot
What stupid?
We knew that decades ago

Texas
Dick Head???!!!!!eek! , his parents should be caned!evil face

Jameous Woodshire
I had a teacher named Dick Knox

Then theres the NASCAR driver Dick Trickle

I also went to school for several years with Mike Hunt. He was always getting introuble and being called down to the principal on the intercom provoking laughs out of us.

eek! laughing out loud

Edna Witch
I had a teacher called Mr Knock and he called his son Nick! Poor kid!

I'm sorry Dim but my name is far far worse than that!

finti
I think its a cool name, if I only knew what it was stick out tongue

mechmoggy
Mrs.Mechmoggy went to school with a chap called Louie Doodo. I say no more.

Fear not Edna my last name is truely awful and I always get the same jokes when I tell people, they think they're so freakin' funny. Damn funsters. sad

Kinda hoping that "B.Eng" at the end will take thier attention from my name but I'm still 2 years away from that.

Dim
Edna, tell us before I have to close this topic..

yerssot
Now the topic will be closed I guess...

Ratcat
I have a really boring, run of the mill last name.

Edna, has it got cliffe in it???

Ushgarak
Hmm, she's already given one clue, cant see her giving another...

Ratcat
Yeah, I know, maybe I'll have to look into it...

Ushgarak
It's actually a nice name, but it's easy to see where the room is for twats to make fun.

Ratcat
Well, unfortunately there are twats everywhere.

Ushgarak
Hey, you noticed that as well?

Texas
I'm a ****, Durrrrrrr!!!!! big grin

finti
Tell us something we dont know laughing out loud hey nice shield Ush where do find those avatars? (Dreaming of a viking avatar without the horns in the helmet) big grin

Gundark
Not into horns eh, fin ?

Here's a present for you Ush.....http://www.themelee.com/smilies/s/ups/hyper-x/nosmilie.gif

finti
No I aint, the Vikings never had horns in their helmets. That`s the making of a British painter who wanted the Vikings in his paintings to look more fierce. So he added the horns and they have kind of melted in as the original thing.

Gundark
Well if you think about it, how would the vikings have gotten those horns to stay in there in the first place ?

Ushgarak
Thanks for the present Gundy...

Finti, how many times are you going to have to explain that? You must get tired of having to tell people all the time...

King Jedi
It's the same with kilts. Highland Clans never had their own tartan. The used whatever they had. But over the years people have got the idea that every clan had it's own specific tartan. It makes us a fortune.

Edna Witch
Not gonna tell. Sorry!

finti
I`ve keep on telling them until they learn stick out tongue I was wondring about the kilts, seem to fancy to make different patterns/tartan at that time different color maybe but tatran to time consuming in those days. The national costums in Norway have regional differencess colors and design this more for telling what region/comunity they belonged to. But they werent common so early as the kilts though, they came around 200-330 years ago.
They are used in weedings and on the National holiday, and on other celebrated days. It was a common everyday clothing in the old days.

Texas
I want a leather purple kilt to go with my pants cool and one of those horn viking hat's to match smokin'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.