Is Quirrell Dead?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

weegie
what happened to quirrell, is he dead or what? if he is , then harry saw him die and if harry saw him die, then harry should see the thestral things from the beggining am i rite? http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/arabia.gif - quirrellhttp://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/rip.gif

sauron
hey, your right there mate, might be one of j.ks twists, although if he never died then the films will have a hard job as they showed him melting kind of

sadge
yehhhhh ur rite!!! im off 2 ponder about that!!!!

zionette
hmmmm......never thot of that,good point,im kinda confused now confused blink

airangel429
i thought he was in the nut house? ...wait no that is lockhart...i think he is dead

weegie
Why didn't any1 else think of this?
If he is dead then he would see the thestrals from the 2nd year! also if quirrell is dead, then did harry murder him?
i need answers ppl! messed

airangel429
b/c harry didn't watch quirrel die....REMEMBER he woke up in the hospital wing. Dumbledore said SOMETHING LIKE THIS....."I had realized that I was in the wrong place and that where I needed to be was back at Hogwart's." I thought Harry fainted....b/c Dumbledore had taken the rock....... For all we know Quirrell is in Askaban.............. OR Dumbledore has him somewhere.........or Dumbledore finished the fight with Voldemort..........but I think he would be dead b/c he was burning...and stuff............

ALSO I remember somewhere in the books when they are talking about the DADA teachers and it goes something LIKE this.......

well who would want the job....1 dead, 1 in an assain assylum with a memory loss and the other is banned b/c he's a werewolf, and the other is in askaban for portraying Mad Eye Moody all year.

satine^cho
didtn dumbledore took over harry???
maybe dats why he didnt saw the thestrals cause dumbledore was the one managing his body den, just a though hehehe

russ_mathers
what dya mean by thestral things? explain, please

weegie
well u only see the thestrals if you see some1 die, so if harry saw quirrell die, then why does he only see them in his fifth year?
he would have seen them before!
and fred or george says the thing airangel sed and the only 1 that could be dead IS quirrell. in the movie harry makes quirel turn to like stone so to me he kills him, ill read the book more deeply to find out if its the same in the book or not
confused

DC Sirius Black
i emailed emma watson to ask her

weegie
you emailed emma watson?

airangel429
whatever about emailing movie stars...its a bunch of crap and everything. just READ the book...why dont you email JKR!!! SHE WROTE IT!

starprincess366
i agree with airangel yes u could find her adress on mugglenet. whats does ema watson know? she was out with ron at the time. good thought though. but the movie makes him look dead. i don't know turning to stone then crumbling to little tiny pices and having a huge spirit shoot out of ur head and lookin like a pile of dust looks dead to me. or mabe its just me. huh mabe jkrowling only thought about the thestrals when she was writtin the 5ht book and didn't catch her error. o well, in my opinion he is dead. and u have to undertsand why the person is dead be4 u can see them just like harry didn't see them when he firstcame because he was only1 when he saw his mum die. harry didn't understand why quirril was dead untill dd explained it too him and he was unconsious for lie 2 weeks so its a little late. ill shut up know

WaDe_N_sPaRrOw
wtf.. emma watson knows just as much as ne1 else who read the books knows.. !!!

crazy_c
Emma Watson didnt even read all the 5th book because she thinks its too long! mad

airangel429
hey...also....in the book Harry didn't see him turn COMPLETELY into stone dust...he passed out.....and Quirrell was still struggling...so he wouldn't have seen thestrals.....dumbldore most likely finished him off...b/c when harry woke up...he was in the hospital...and dumbledore said the stone was destroyed......if the stone hadn't been destroyed then Quirrell would have been alive...MAYBE and voldemort would have THEN came into power! big grin

Phoenix
didn't Harry faint before Quirrel actually died?

weegie
iv read the book , and dumbledore says that he died when voldemort left his body. so in the book he had already fainted and so he shouldnt see the thestrals. But in the movie quirrell is turned to stone (or whatever happens) and then voldemort leaves his body, while harry is ther watchin! and jk wouldnt have let them put it in if it was wrong so im confused!

azyne
Grr, you guys are ameteurs.

First of all, a lot, a LOT, in the movies are wrong. Harry has green eyes and JKR totally allowed Dan to have grey eyes in the film.

Have you never thought of this? Harry saw his parents die back when he was a baby, wouldn't he be able to see the Thestrals ever since? And what about Cedric? He saw Cedric die with his own eyes, wouldn't he see the Thestrals on the way home after 4th year?

And here I am with all the answers. JKR said in many interviews, online and on TV, that death has to "sink in" in order to see Thestrals. I guess Harry was a baby and didn't realise what was going on during his parents' deaths so it didn't "sink in". He also didn't see Thestrals during the way home after 4th year becuz it still had never "sunk in". But after the summer, he'd finally acknowledged what had happened to Cedric, he saw them.

Russ mathers, PLEASE read all the HP books.

It's true that Emma hasn't read the 5th book, and I hate that! They're in the movies, making millions, yet they haven't even read em. YOU KNOW WHAT SUCKS!?! Tom Felton hasn't read any. ANY. And he refuses to. He says his lines directly from the strict. What's sad is...he's the best HP character of the lot!

Oh, as for Quirrel, yes he did die. Like someone mentioned before, Fred said "1 dead, one's memory wiped, 1 in Azkaban, and 1 retired/banned."

And no, Harry had never seen Quirrel die so he didn't see the Thestrals in second year.

Sigh. You're all welcome.

azyne
Oops, I mean "He says his lines directly from the SCRIPT."

airangel429
Also........in the movie.......wasn't harry facing AWAY from his mother? I dont know which direction he had seen it. I thought he just heard the voices of his parents dying AND that he saw the green light. I don't think he actually SAW them. ALSO........ he really didn't see Quirrel die b/c he had fainted.... so from those 2 speculations one could assume why he wouldn't have seen them before...UNLESS he just never paid attention. I don't remember in the 2nd book if it talked about the carriages or not..I know it did in the 4th book...........

ALSO..........in the 2nd book he saw Tom's MEMORY die....so that would not allow him to see them. So the first time he actually would've been able to see them was in book 5 as when it was brought to our attention. After seeing Cedric's dead body.

I don't ever remember him talking about memories of WATCHING his parents die....but I do remember him having nightmares about Cedric dying and how it haunts him.

airangel429
PHEW THAT WAS A MOUTHFUL!!

Luna150
just thought ild clear sum stuff up as every1 is saying. 1 dead 1 in a asan islilam 1 sack and 1 in azkaban for impersonated moody. What Harry actuay said was "One sacked One dead Ones memory removed and one locked in a trubk for nine mounths. Crouch got the dementers kiss i dont think he is in azkaban. ANYWAY. in the book harry fainted while clutching his face so he didn't see him die. So the film is wrong. Also any1 notice in the film the are carragies are drawn my white horses? How they going to explain the threstrels?

crazy_c
true. idiots

azyne
Are they really? Wow I hadn't noticed. I thought they were invisible still. See, NEVER EVER go by the movie. You go by the movie, you're not a HP fan, you're a movie fan. I hate it when ppl try to make points off the movie.

Luna150
The only time i make points of the movie is to say how wrong they are lol.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.