Title translations

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

finti
.. it will be fun to see what the film will be called in Norwegian, my guess is KLONER ANGRIPER which is more of a direct translation. The translation dont leave room for much variations of the title since the word clone is "kind off new".
Like EPI The Phantom Menace didnt have Norwegian words for it so they looked behind the title to the story and came up with SKJULT TRUSSEL which translated into English is HIDDEN THREAT

Jameous Woodshire
Cool, I almost like Kloner Angripper better than Attack of the Clones.

But I got used to TPM eventualy before it was releaced.

mah
i just hope they come to their sense and use the original name.

Ratcat
Cool, can we get some more translations up for different languages. After the last few days, this would make a great followup article for SWMovies.Net to follow on from the fun and games with Comscan.Net

Of particlular interest would be Dutch, Spanish, Swedish and German plus any more that people can give.

*Goes off to right article.*

Ratcat
What do you mean??? confused

Dim
I didn't know it had another name..

finti
That`s where I got the Idea for this topic RC. The Swedish translation would probably be more like KLONINGARNE ATTACKER Any Swedes around?

mah
i mean that i like original titles better. why translate them when the rest of the film is in english? the translated titles often end up kind of stupid.

yerssot
In Dutch that would be:
"Aanval van de klonen"
That counts in Holland, Belgium and Suriname and perhaps also in Suid-Africa.

DJ Velocity
In Spanish,

= Los Fantasma Amenaza (TPM)
= Emprender De Los Clonar (AOTC)

I think these are right but I am new to Spanish big grin

Ushgarak
Darn it, where is queeq? I remember he has some good views on the Dutch translations (especially with the 'Vader' link).

yerssot
Vader and the translation???? Don't know a thing about it

King Jedi
In Portugal the word "Amidala" means "tonsils".
And in the Ukraine "Boss Nass" means "the boss of us".

yerssot
the names of characters are all based on a lot of different languages.
One of the best is the word Vader, wich actually means father in Dutch

btw: chech out this site
there are 3 pages full of these things

King Jedi
Haven't they taken those pages down?

Ratcat
Yeah, I killed the idea when I realised that TF.N had also done it a few weeks ago.

Not worth treading well trodden ground unless you can have a new slant on it. sad

Ushgarak
Yerssot, I already mentioned the Vader-in-Dutch thing when I mentioned queeq; he's not convinced that that is why GL did it.

Dim
So what does he think it is from?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.