Evil Dead 4

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pablo007
What are your ideas if this would be made ? I would like to see this one take place in a city or in the mountains. Something completely different but still has the Evil Dead spirit. And I'd like to see a really gross villian, the most disgusting thing a movie screen has seen. I would like it more if it was more like the original, really gory shit. I wouldn't mind an NC17 rating in it.

Lord_Andres
I don't think the city would be a good choice, Mountain would be cool in a cabin up there, defently evil dead spirit, maybe a mad mountain dwarf zombie or somtn, or maybe in a little village

tabby999
havn't seen any of the other movies, i cant say really, but the PS2 game is cool

BidMyBlood2Run
In a village like in Army of Darkness. Those "primative screwheads" were hilarious. No matter where they have it take place, they gotta show one scene with Ash in S-Mart!
I really hope they make an Evil Dead 4.

HockeyFace
What the hell kind of name is Evil Dead? or Ash? Someone fill me in on what Evil Dead is all about cause I haven't seen one Evil Dead film in my life.

BidMyBlood2Run
you haven't?! wow!

HockeyFace
I heard they suck. Do they or are they good?

BidMyBlood2Run
It can be argued either way. It's a B movie, but it's a classic. It depends on your threshold of corny-ness, or as Bruce would say, "cheeseball acting". I LOVE Bruce Campbell in his films and tv shows, so I watched it, and thought the whole concept of the movie was great! It's fun, not serious.

Here's some reviews from IMDB.COM but beware, there are some
SPOILERS *****************

Five friends go up to a cabin in the woods where they find unspeakable evil lurking in the forest. They find the Necronomicon and the taped translation of the text. Once the tape is played, the evil is released. One by one, the teens become deadly zombies. With only one remaining, it is up to him to survive the night and battle the evil dead.

Five friends are spending the weekend in a remote cabin in the woods. Whilst investigating the cellar they discover a tape and a decaying old book full of strange incantations. The tape is played and it unleashes powerful evil force from the forrest, determined to destory every last one of them.

Five friends go to a cabin in the woods for a vacation. They discover The Book of the Dead and a tape recorder belonging to a professor, who also owns the cabin. One of them plays back what is recorded on the tape-- which just happens to be Candarian resurrection passages translated from the Necronomicon (Book of the Dead) by the professor, which unleashes an evil force from the woods. The people start turning into evil deadites, and the others soon learn from the tape that the only way to kill a person who is turned into a deadite is by total body dismemberment. People are dying left and right; one girl early in the film looses control and runs off into the woods, only to be raped and killed by the trees.

BidMyBlood2Run
what do u think HockeyFace?

HockeyFace
It actually sounds good in a funny way. Is it like a horror-comedy fiilm?

BidMyBlood2Run
yeah, basically.

HockeyFace
Ok I'll rent it then. I thought it looked funny when I was watching a little of it on amc and didn't think it looked bad. People had just told me it was bad and I believed them. Next time I guess I will just watch and see for myself if it is good or bad.

BidMyBlood2Run
The trilogy has a large following. Definately rent it, if u don't like it, then it's just not your style and you won't rent Evil Dead 2 and Army Of Darkness.

tabby999
dont wanna be rude. but they made a 4th movie in 2000, i saw it when i looked up the listing of Bruces movies. i looked and it said the movie was set 8 years after the trilogy finished

samhain
I like the idea of it being set in the mountains. or what about the Nevada desert with Ash stranded in an old mine shaft? Let me know what oyu think. rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

samhain
sorry I meant let me know what YOU think. rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed messed messed

Evil Dead
Hockeyface....the title isn't actually Evil Dead....it is The Evil Dead, as in the evil, dead spirits that are conjured up in the woods.

The first movie is pure horror...a bit camp, but all horror. ED2 has a bit of comedy mixed in.....making it a bit twisted. Army of Darkness has no horror aspect to it at all. It is an action/comedy flick.

Tabby999......what the hell are you talking about? The only Evil Dead related media to come out since Army of Darkness in '93 were:

Evil Dead : Hail to the King - Video game for the Playstation (2000)
Evil Dead : A Fistfull of Boomstick - Video game for PS2 (2003)

I know you did not mean to be rude.....you posted as much.....please do give us a little credit though. We horror fanatics have been waiting almost 11 years on Evil Dead 4.......then you post as if another movie had been made years ago and somehow we missed it? I don't think so. That would be ridiculous.

HockeyFace
Ok umm... Not that I don't like gorey films but I went to Blockbuster and it had a sticker on the Evil Dead film that read "Restricted Reviewing" on it. So what the gore level for Evil Dead (1 to 10, ten is the highest).

wicker_man
The original Evil Dead was banned thanks partly to the now infamous 'Tree-Rape' scene which Rami himself later admitted it was the brainchild of a juvenile mind...his, as for Evil Dead, its more disturbing then gory and a bit camp too, don't expect top of the range effects like you would in todays horror movies.

tabby999
well sorry, my sorces were a little flawed, they noted "A Fist Full Of Boomstick" as a game (and a wicked one at that) but not the other
i offer my most sincere appoligies

Primitive Screwhead #1
Looks like this thread needs to be resurrected. I got around to thinking about how a fourth Evil Dead story would be handled, when the following popped into my head: which ending in Army of Darkness would be more suitable to pick up from, the theatrical release or the more post-apocalyptic alternative ending?

Personally, I think the original release would not be ideal. All movies have Ash as the loner... putting him in the urban setting of Detroit will really have him out of his element. Haivng Ash struggle to find signs of humanity in a post-holocaust environment would seem so much more appropriate. Plus imagine what the evolution of the Deadites could spawn in terms of creature types after all those years had passed.

wicker_man
With Columbia Pictures offering large cheques to Sam Rami to make more Spiderman films, the chances of a fourth Evil Dead are becoming less likely (in the near future anyway), i remember reading or hearing that Ash's first game outing (i.e. Evil Dead : Hail To The King) was as close as fans would get to an Evil Dead four. Although the concept behind Evil Dead : A Fistful of Boomsticks does sound pretty cool.

Jason420
i know you guys know but all of the Evil Dead movies are horror classics always and forever

Primitive Screwhead #1
Sam Raimi wouldn't necessarily have to direct for a fourth Evil Dead. Army of Darkness was handled by Dino DiLaurentis, and he did a pretty commendable job keeping the dark humor found in Raimi's Evil Dead.

wicker_man
I know, but Sam Raimi in my personal opnion is the only person who could do the Evil Dead series justice if a fourth film was to be created although Dino DiLaurentis efforts on Army of Darkness proves he is a worthy substitute, my first choice would still have to be Raimi.

amlap
i dont think this movies should be made!

Machete_guy
why not?

Dejio
Huh?! What?! Do you mean to say Sam Raimi did not direct Army of Darkness? HELLO?! He 'did' direct the film.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.