Politics thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tptmanno1
I've noticed that a bunch of other threads have turned into this soo i thought why not create an official one?

ok
lemme start,
i feel like ragging on Bush.
If Bush lived in CA he wouldn't be president because of our three strikes law. he has commited three felonies?
now let me ask you, Do you know anyone that has committed three felonies???

yea, Go america!
man were f*cked up

Fire
hmm political discussions are prohibitted for many reasons, so I doubt this will be on long

BackFire
ok micheal moore.

Fire
aaah shuve it BF stick out tongue

you know as well as I do that I'd love to talk politics in this place again, but we know what'd happen

BackFire
actually that statement was aimed at the starter of the thread stick out tongue

tptmanno1
i dunno its the OTF and its official

michal moore is sooo funny
Bowling for colombine was halarious
Stupid white men was funny as hell
need to read Dude Wheres My Country

Fire
I don't enough no who Michael Moore is and I don't care.
TPT It ain't cause it is OTF that it can be about politics, OTF still has some rules

tptmanno1
ok
if it gets closed o well
cmon ppl wheres the contraversy?

diegocala
Poor Fire, forums holding you down??

MadKowDZs
You don't want to know who Michael Moore is.

Fire
hmm well it will happen, you weren't here at the start if that damn iraqi conflict, now there were some kick-ass discussions

but if you want a bold statement
I believe that MOST americans have the idea they have the right to police the world, they don't see the problem with their unilateral idea's, they give jack about other countries which have no way of helping them, they use too much violence to solve a problem. and MOST americans that DO disagree with these idea's will march and protest until the decision is made, but almost NO, atleast compared to europe, protest will be uttered after the decision has been made. UNTIL the death tole becomes too great

(MIND YOU ALL I SAID SOME AMERICAN, if ppl feel targeted by this I will not tell anyone wether or not I ment certain members)

diegocala
Ready, aim.... Fire laughing out loud

Fire
thx diego
no I'm quite sure I don't want to know mad

MadKowDZs
Hehe. =]

diegocala
Now that's a pic I can put my ass up against!

Storm
laughing out loud

Fire
yikes

MadKowDZs
Well, it seems that I have swayed this thread.

Fire
yea kinda, I can give some other of my thoughts on most americans

MadKowDZs
No, that's ok, we all understand your thoughts on the issue.

Fire
aaah no fun stick out tongue

Espantada20
I thought we were going to talk politics?

Fire
well everything I said about most americans relates to politics

Espantada20
hmm........Are we going to have any debates?

Fire
depends on wether or not anyone wants to fight my views or suggests something else to debate on

Espantada20
What are your views?

Fire
those are my views

MadKowDZs
It's time to choose...

MadKowDZs
Hey, does anyone know how to break up a protest?

MadKowDZs
You shoot the first six people in the crowd!

Fire
depends on what they are protesting against and in which way they are protesting

Ushgarak
Oh, this was NOT a good idea...

tptmanno1
i agree with Fire,
and im and american!!! (I dare you to call me unpatriotic)
BUT what i think is that no only that, but some people just dont care at all, Americans just Watch Fox news, think thats the best source of info, when in reality its run by Bush's Cousin and its just a load of propaganda, put flags on their car and move on.
What really pisses me off is when people say, we should just Nuke Afganistan or Iraq, that just shows complete ignorace for everything,
Also I don't like how September 11th has become a big war rally holiday, calling it patriot day and showing army specials that day and stuff,
we should have called it rememberance day and made it in honor of all Civilians killed prematurely, including Gang violence, Murder, and other domestic problems, not only terrorism,

ok im ranting...
ill stop now before i offend any more people

MadKowDZs
That was pure humour. (In case you don't of the sense of it.)

MadKowDZs
Hey, tptmanno1, to my knowledge, Rupert Murdoch is not Bush's cousin.

tptmanno1
yup, believe so

MadKowDZs
Please clarify...

BackFire
well....I guess I'll go ahead and speed up the enevitable offensive statements that will soon begin so this thread can hurry up and get closed...

French people suck

MadKowDZs
Well played, Touche`.

Tired Hiker
Fire you are totally wrong. Most Americans are too lazy to protest.

BackFire
protestors are funny.

Tired Hiker
They make funny signs.

Tired Hiker
I heard the french eat their first born child by law.

MadKowDZs
Oh my, how ruthlessly absurd.

Tired Hiker
indeed.

i heard fat people eat a lot of food

MadKowDZs
Drugs don't kill people, dangerous minorities kill people.

hahahahahhahahahaa

Tired Hiker
Americans eat like wild buffalos.

MadKowDZs
Oh gosh that's funny. That's really funny. Do you write your own material? Do you? Because that is so fresh.

Tired Hiker
No, I have a team of writers that come up with the crap that I type.

hahahahhahaahhaahahha

tptmanno1
this be funny
o comon 113, TH any beefs about politics?

MadKowDZs
I was completely out-of-line on that one, I apologize.

Tired Hiker
It's all good. I just think most Americans works too hard for material things and it doesn't pay off since there is so much debt. I also think we depend to much on oil and that is the main problem.

MadKowDZs
Tired Hiker, how do you think the oil dependancy issue be resolved?

tptmanno1
agreed

Tired Hiker
We should go solar, but most people think that is too unrealistic.

tptmanno1
yea, but you know the reason the fuel cells haven't been developed yet is that the government has been restricting funding because almost all of the Bush administration has links to the oil industry and they dont want to lose money.

MadKowDZs
Ok. And how do you suppose solar power be established on a
nation-wide level. And may I annex, what if there are clouds?

tptmanno1
solar panals can be set up in such a way that they store excess energy so that if its cloudy thee still provide energy. Also there is still sun when its cloudy, how can you see when its cloudy if ther is no light

MadKowDZs
tptmanno1, may I ask you where you aquired that information? (about the gov't)

MadKowDZs
tptmanno1, solar power (pannels) are based on heat not sunlight.

tptmanno1
all over the place,
mainly "Stupid white men"
the book, ii could rattle off everything but i don't feel like it,
im sure you could find it on the internet if you tried

no its the light rays, nothing to do with heat, they work just as well in alaska as in New Mexico

MadKowDZs
tptmanno1, off-topic; do you believe the world is flat?

Tired Hiker
I learned ten years ago that there are solar panels that will work just as well on a cloudy day as on a sunny day. And I know of the whole Bush administration's investment in the oil industry, that is the biggest problem. It's such a huge business, America. But, granted, there are many parts of America where you don't have to live the mainstream lifestyle. There are cities and remote towns, just like everywhere else. Only America lacks the cool castles and old brothels like Europe had/has.

Tired Hiker
Not that you asked me, but I believe the world is upside-down.

tptmanno1
no
but if the Bush administration sayd the world was round id have my doubts

Thanks TH for reinforcing me
yup, but if they are in CA they aint there no more, all burned

MadKowDZs
tptmanno1, off-topic, what is your favorite type of goverment?

tptmanno1
Democracy,
but not the way ours is run, every vote is counted, no electorial college, less corruption, less ignorance, every person has a voice, and were people accually cared,

MadKowDZs
Side note: Thank you both for updating my knowledge of solar panels.

tptmanno1
ok,
what was with the random questions?

Tired Hiker
My friend Kathy just got back from France and she told me that the French get 5 weeks off for vacation each year as opposed to America's 2 weeks. Also, the French use their public transportation systems much more than American's use theirs. Hence, less cars in Europe and less dependency on oil. America should recognize.

MadKowDZs
tptmanno1, I was simply collecting facts, to possibly formulate an opinion of you.

tptmanno1
i kno,
i smoe european countries (spain??) they pay like 30% taxes but everyone respects everything and there is no crime, the streets are beautifal, and every problem that america has is non-existant. we throw around the term Patriot like its a tennis ball but we dont do crap about it, we,( I mean americans in general) are patriotic as long as it doesnt affect our daily live or our wallets,

sad, sad, sad

MadKowDZs
Tired Hiker, I must bring to your attention the simple fact of space. The reason Europeans use cars less that Americans is because of the small amount of room. Notice, though in larger American cities (Boston & New York for example) it is far easier to move around using the Subway. The street designs of Europe however are very different from American roads because Europe developed roads during the middle ages, when horses were the main mode of transportation. And there was less of a distance to travel.

tptmanno1
no, im not a communist nazi madcow, im the most politicly involved 15 year only ull ever meet, but you make a valid point, still that doesnt mean we couldnt do anything about the oil/energy/whatever problem

MadKowDZs
tptmanno1, can you quote me as assuming your affiliations?

tptmanno1
no, that was a vain attempt at trying to be funny, failed though. stopping

Tired Hiker
I know what you mean MadKow, but America has seemed to devise a way to isolate the rich from the poor. You could go to Carmel, California and spend the day in a very wealthy commercial community that is clean and free of crime and neon signs that read 'budweiser' but ten minutes away is the complete opposite, a little town called Seaside. Many European towns have markets everywhere where folks can walk to the store to get their briquets. In America that exists as well, but less frequently unless you count 7-11.

tptmanno1
very very true

MadKowDZs
Well, America is the land of opportunity, you work hard, you get money. Sitting around and complaining never made Bill Gates wealthy.

Tired Hiker
Yes indeed, but who really needs a billion dollars in their bank account when unemployment has reached new heights.

MadKowDZs
Please clarify...

Tired Hiker
Bill Gates had the opportunity to get up off his ass and make money, where as many lower class Americans can only dream of the opportunity. The resources just aren't there for everyone and one cannot assume that all Americans have the same opportunities.

Tired Hiker
Not that you assumed that, just in general.

MadKowDZs
Well, no, granted some don't have all the same opportunities.

MadKowDZs
So then, how would you propose that be changed, to give all equal opportunities?

Tired Hiker
That would be the tricky part. Rich people would have to give up some money to the poor. For lack of better words.

MadKowDZs
Why should the people who have worked hard for what they've earned, just give it up to someone they don't know.

MadKowDZs
And everyone has equal opportunities, you can get a high school diploma off the tax payers, no charge to the individual.

Tired Hiker
That is the big misconception. The whole working harder point of view as opposed to realizing that there is a sort of unsaid hierarchy.

MadKowDZs
What "hierarchy" is that?

Tired Hiker
Republicans.

MadKowDZs
I'm not sure I understand your point, can you elaborate?

Tired Hiker
Republicans are into business and stocks and bonds and stuff that really make cents. They tend to support big business which depends on the risk of natural resource depletion; oil spills, radioactive leaks, etc. Stuff that is just unecessary if people just changed their active lifestyle.

MadKowDZs
I agree, business, stocks and bonds do make money, if you manage them well of course. However, these things are not just limited to Republicans. What materials is your house made of?

Tired Hiker
I see what you are getting at, but what choice do I have. My house is made of a cement and wood foundation, but it is a small house.

MadKowDZs
What method of transportation do you use to get to your desired destinations?

Tired Hiker
Yes, you got me. Gasoline. But what choice do I have. Shooting News beats Delivering pizzas!!

MadKowDZs
Side note: Life is full of "risks". Every morning you walk outside your talking a risk.

MadKowDZs
You have a lot of choices: bicycle, rollerblades, scooters, your feet, etc. none of these use gasoline.

Tired Hiker
True, I could rollor skate and shoot the news. That would be tight.

MadKowDZs
I'm sorry, can you clarify "shoot the news".

Tired Hiker
That's what I do, I'm a cameraman.

MadKowDZs
Oh, that sounds like fun. I've always thought about doing that. What sort of things do you cover?

Tired Hiker
Anything from The Pebble Beach Classic (golf shit) to the Mexican Circus. I cover gang shootings and car accidents as well as fires, which are very popular lately.

MadKowDZs
That's quite an array of subjects, I bet that never gets dull.

MadKowDZs
Well, it's getting late. It was nice talking (posting rather) to you, see you around the forum.

Tired Hiker
Have a good night. Nice chattin with you.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.