book discussion forum please

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

el_barto
can there please be a book discussion forum it would be realy cool big grin

badkittykitty
yes I agree I just posted about this just today,I think it would be great!

el_barto
bkk knows what she's talking about

Phoenix
Yes this would be a nice idea, there are other great books apart from LotR and HP.

Hegemon875
While I agree that there should be a book forum I don't think that it'll be very popular. In fact the people who have posted here will probably be some of the only people posting in the book forum. Just look at the General Fiction forum, poor REX.

badkittykitty
well the gemeral fiction is ppl writing there own stuff from what I can tell,and I think alot of ppl read some of there favorite movie books to see the simalariteys and such.like lotr,I know a few ppl who read the book because of the movie...I think it would be interesting

Raz
If a few more people show their support for this, I don't see any harm in having a trial run (with bkk modding, of course wink)

badkittykitty
big grin Id be happy to be of service raz wink thanks for the consideration!
I hope ppl will want such a thing,I love books and discussing them,I think it would be fun big grin

FallingBlue
one of the key topics in a conversation wehn trying to meet someone is literature, personally i think that a book discussion forum would be a great addition to the forums

h0ck3yh0rr0r
excellent idea el_barto. i prefer classical books not these modern craps. I support it 100%. but i have feeling alot of people here dont read books or if they do its not the classic ones.

badkittykitty
wow we readers are few and far between eh? sad

el_barto
i would love to make a book forum it would give me a chance to get away from the general discussion forum laughing out loud

fungrl515
i agree with you all. all i hear about is lotr or hp. there are so many other great books out there, that are ignored because of these series. i totally back this up.

el_barto
hey some 1 can make me a mod and i could make it or bkk could make it either way laughing out loud

Hegemon875
LOTR is great by I agree with you guys that there are MANY other great books out there. I completely support a book forum.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
o man if we have a book forum that would kick ass. it would be my second fav forum next to horror.

el_barto
right now i just wanna get out of the ****in general discussion forum laughing out loud

badkittykitty
defiantly would be my fav,I just got a new library card and felt excited,I can now check out 50 items at once its insane.would love to discuss what I am reading right now.

DBZFan
I think there should be a book forum for people to talk about certain books and stuff like that ya know?

h0ck3yh0rr0r
i hope people enjoy the classical books such as Fydor Dostoevsky Crime and Punishment, ALexandre Dumas The Three Musketeers, Jules Verne Journey to Centre of the Earth, Agatha Christie Murder on the Orient Express etc. etc...

badkittykitty
I think when people read a review of the classics if they havent read them it might make them interested,especially since allot of movies have been adapted for those books(man in th iron mask, The Count of Monte Cristo,etc..)and the books are all ways far better!

Hegemon875
I prefer to read the book than see the movie but to say the book is always better is kind of arrogant dont you think?
Each form has it's own pro's and con's. wink

badkittykitty
well that is a good point but it has pretty much been my experience that books are better,though I read the x-men book and it was pretty much the same except the ending which was better in the movie,so looks like your right,I am humbled

Phoenix
which do you like? I personally adore the Brontes ( I can't do the two little dots, please excuse that) and I also like Dickens and Austen

Phoenix
How much more interest do we need Raz? Cos I know some of my HP peeps would love to discuss other book series!

burlyman
sounds like a plan to me happy

burlyman
SF, crime/drama F, fanasy and comedy r my favs!!

DBZFan
I hope some people are interested in the Redwall seres. I am. wink

Hegemon875
I'm a scifi geek myself happy

Hegemon875
I do agree that the book is usually better in most ways. wink

el_barto
i didnt read the redwall series checked it out but never read it. But i am a complete sci/fi freak to my fav book ever is "Enders Game" its the best

DBZFan
I like the Star Wars trilogy too.

Phoenix
I'VE READ EVERY SINGLE ONE, THERE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COOL!!!

Ahem... sorry about Caps, I got a bit excited!

big grinbig grinbig grin

REDWALL!!

Phoenix
Does anyone like Mercedes Lackey, Tamora Pierce or Terry Pratchett?

I am also a sci-fi/fantasy geek!

badkittykitty
those books are about wizards and swordsmen and the like right? Ive never read them,Ill have to check them out!

the next books to read on my list is the five part martial arts series by Wang Dulu,where crouching tiger hidden dragon is derived from.
they are working on the pre-sequel with the book Treasured Sword, Golden Hairpin.

el_barto
what im trying to find is " Speaker for the Dead " i hope its as good as "Enders Game"

f4st3r
Speaker for the Dead is an excellent sequel to Ender's Game and is followed by Xenocide and Children of the Mind. I highly recommend this amazing series of books by the incredibly talented Orson Scott Card. Additionally, check out Enders Shadow, a parellel story to Ender's Game.

DBZFan
Than you've read the Left Behind trilodgy?

Phoenix
No, I'm afraid not. Is that mercedes lackey? because I've read te valdemar series and the free bard series.

LindsIsTightK
I don't really think we need a book discussion forum. We have enough forums as it is. I'm sure that book discussion would go just fine in the GDF.

badkittykitty
well there is alot of books out there,I dont know you maybe right but as for myself Ive never posted there about books,even when I wanted to. even in the gdf it seemed out of place to me.

yerssot
gdf is general discussion, books fit in perfectly smile

badkittykitty
it does generally speaking,but what would it harm to have a book forum?

yerssot
nothing at all, but it's just that at this point, I fear we might have a few sections too much

Pain Drain
yes there should be, since we all might be fans of books. Happy Dance

el_barto
there is a poll on this mater i just created u can vote if u want

yerssot
would have been better in gdf imho, reaches more people

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.