Anh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

yerssot
Which character is the best in ANH??

mah
leia big grin big grin big grin smokin' embarrasment

Ushgarak
Obi-Wan...

yerssot
I will choos Vader, for his good dark character.
Could you also say why, instead of just a name???

jedi212guy
OB1 is simply amazing in ANH!

LanceWindu
I picked Han because I love the cocky way he does everything.

Jameous Woodshire
I chose R2, just to be different.

Without him, there would be no OT. He saved everyone's butt's several times over. (and he will again. He is the Jedi Droid!)

yerssot
And 3PO then? He got the stormtroopers to him in ROTJ...

Ushgarak
I'm sorry, yerssot, but doesn't Obi-Wan's brilliance come acorss by JUST saying his name?

yerssot
It's nothing.
Hey, why didn't the stormtroopers received a vote for there firing precision?

Jameous Woodshire
Well 3Po is as expendable as Jar-Jar wink But I like 3PO alot, I'm stating facts.

LOL, seriously, remove R2, Padme.Obi, Qui Dies.

Then Leia dosent get her message off.

Then on Tatooine, R2 knows where to go to find Obi. 3po is usless. 3P0 suggests R2 at the Lars home but it was an allready obvious choice.

Later on the Death Star, he points Obi to his place, and Luke and Han to theirs. (They could have still talked to R2 through the com, but not understand him unless they were near a monitpr, wich they were several times)

He shuts down the garbage compactor without 3po yelling at him, he was already doing it.

He saves the rebellion by getting the tapes through

Then he saves Luke in the trench by boostin' shields.

Etc,etc,etc......and that was just one chapter (mostly)

And Yerssot, R2 could have whistled to get the same attention.

I'ts real late/early. and I have to go see Monty Python later today!
See ya'll!

yerssot
Can't blame me from trying...
We want stormtroopers!!!

Ratcat
In defence of C-3PO, he didn't really come into his own until the 2nd and 3rd films, just as is happening in the PT now.

Without him Hand and Leia would have been stuck on the Asteroid.

Han to Threepio: "I need you to talk to the Falcon, find out what's wrong with her"

The Ewoks: Whilst he may have been prissy and silly, he was the only one who could talk to them. Without the Ewoks the Rebels would never had destroyed the Death Star II.

But anyway, this is a ANH thread so I'll stop there.

yerssot
Why doesn't anyone votes for Vader??

Ratcat
Vader Evil, Luke Good.... laughing out loud

King Jedi
Luuuuuuuuuuuukkkkkkkeeeeee!!!!!!!! big grin

yerssot
Why the crying-boy?

King Jedi
Because he's the main character in ANH and for me the best.

Why is he a crying boy, tough guy?

LanceWindu
Why does Luke whine so much? I like Luke and all but still.

yerssot
crying-whining who cares,
I know a lot of guys (and girles) that thinks he's a cry-boy AND a whining-boy

King Jedi
His Aunt and Uncle are killed and he see's their burned bodies. He's upset.
He sees Obi-Wan killed in front of him and he's upset.
He doesn't cry either time.

Wouldn't you be upset? Or are you sooooooo tough!

yerssot
I know

Ushgarak
Luke, ponce and idiot extraordinary. I always say that the Emperor's plan to turn Luke failed because Luke was too stupid to understand it...

Jameous Woodshire
Luke= the whinest Jedi

laughing out loud

yerssot
Guess everybody is though here, KJ

King Jedi
No. The 3 of you are VERY wrong.

If anything Luke shows an unbelievable lack of emotion when Owen, Beru and Ben are killed. And so does Leia for that matter. She see's her planet destroyed and hardly shows any emotion.

Ush explain "Luke, ponce and idiot extraordinary", if you can.

Ushgarak
Simple. He is the most incredibly unsympathetic charatcer. In ANH he comea across as moany and in ROTJ as arrogant. This is intended, of course, but it really cripples the guy's likability. Precious little wonder that most people's favourite character's (in MOST polls, anyhow...) are the Vaders, Fetts and Solos of this world. Each of them comes across far more charismatically than that twerp.

In ESB, he is just plain dumb. Because the audience needs stuff explained via the medium of Yoda, Luke has to play an idiot savant with his continuous idiocy throughout the Dagobah sequence.

His style factor is near zero, save his gear in ROTJ. His fighting stlye is clumsy, and he looks like he is going to spend most of his life pontificating at others; now onder he had a martyr streak inside him.

I could never really stand Luke. He just plain doesn't come across well.

And I'm NOT wrong, thank you very much. This is the first poll I have ever seen where Luke did not get creamed.

yerssot
First time for everything Ush evil face evil face evil face
So why did chewie get any votes?

King Jedi
Well Ush you are wrong. Luke is no more arrogant in ROTJ than Obi-Wan is in TPM when they are both at the same stage in their Jedi career. In fact Obi-Wan is much more arrogant.

Luke saves Leia, destroys the first Death Star, helps the rebels flee Hoth, fights Vader when his training isn't complete and manages to escape, saves Han and Leia again, and then defeats Vader and does the most heroic thing of all - refuses to kill him. That to me doesn't say "ponce".

When in ANH is he "moany"? Han is the one who wants to sit around while it's Luke who wants to save Leia. Remember the scene in the trash compactor? Luke is the one taking charge and shouting at Han. Luke is the one who takes charge in the Battle of Yavin as well.

Am I imagining things or are you actually attacking his clothes? laughing out loud That is pathetic. Since when did an outfit make a Star Wars character? This isn't the Matrix.

Ushgarak
I'm so glad you can tell the difference between a serious comment and a bit of amusement, KJ. But as it is, I said that his gear in ROTJ was GOOD...

The point is that Luke comes across badly and always did so. He is dull, whiney and the other characters are far cooler.

BTW, what you said Luke did... says ponce to me...

King Jedi
Okay this is open to everyone>>>

You're watching a film. The main character see's his guadians burning dead bodies. He then saves a Princess from an enemy battlestation. He the goes back and destroys that battlestation. He then runs to help his freinds and faces the villain when he isn't ready. His hand gets cut off and he barley escapes alive. He then saves his freinds AGAIN, this time from a crimelord. He then goes back to fight the villain and not only does he beat him but he manages to make him join him against the Emperor.

When you were reading that did the word "ponce" ever enter your head?

yerssot
Yeah, when I thought: I should look that word up in a dictionary!

King Jedi
You really should. rolling on floor laughing

yerssot
In the dictionarry I have it's not in.

Ushgarak
It's the bit where he acts like a stereotypical hero. Huge poncedom all around.

Heroes are ponces. It's the way it is; it's almost impossible for a true hero not to be.

yerssot
dictionary Ush to the rescue big grin

Ushgarak
In its colloquial form (that's how people tend to use it rather than it's literal meaning, which is a feminine-like man) it means someone who shows off in any way that annoys people.

queeq
I thought his whining was annoying. big grin

Viseus

yerssot
That's your reward from being a superhero

Ushgarak
Like I just said, I didn't mean ponce in its gay meaning.

I'm sorry, but Luke never came across very well. Certainly not compared to the other characters in the OT.

King Jedi
Well when you use the word ponce that to me suggests gay.

yerssot
*sings: Luke and Han, sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G*

Ushgarak
Sorry, that's not hwo we tend to mean it in this neck of the woods. Like I said, I mean flamboyant and showy and flashy and annoying...

finti
I thought Luke is fine, naive to begin with, then you can see him grow into a jedi over the OT

Ushgarak
He's certainly far cooler in ROTJ, though he has a (deliberate) over-confidnece issue by then.

queeq
I always liked Luke myself. And I think he really has this development over the three episodes, showing his weaknesses as much as his strengths. A vulnerable hero. At the end of both ESB and ROTJ it seems he lost more than he gained, in a certain way.

King Jedi
Oh, if you meant the Flash Gordon hero type ponce then I agree. But not in ESB and ROTJ.
Hammil gets a lot of stick for his acting but like Queeq said he made that character develop clearly over three episodes. smile

queeq
You........ agreed with me... eek!

yerssot
scary huh?

Texas
I voted for Luke, because he is the best character, but Han would have to be the most enjoyable.

yerssot
Luke and Han at the top?
Where are the stormtroopers? We have to support them, so they can get decent blasters so they can HIT someone!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.