Scariest Movie Ever

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

slayer
hey guys just wondering what u think is the scariest movie of all time? the exorcisst was way overated.

princess
me to that movie gave me nightmares

h0ck3yh0rr0r
shouldn't this be in the horror movie section?

Crash_Overload

Mujaffa
jeepers creepers...funny and scary

Vim
I think in terms of really getting the hairs on the back of your neck to stand up... Phantoms did that for me, it truly scared me. What else? As a little kid, the child's play movies scared the crap out of me, except for bride of chucky, but i wasn't a kid then, so it was just plain funny, in fact it wasn't scary at all. Nightmare on Elm street, the original on DVD, its all cleaned up with nice sound, it will get you... I'm sure all the original Halloween, Friday the 13th, and Hellraisers then there is cube, and event horizon which are similar. In the mouth of madness, fraility... And scream did a decent job, beause it a sense it was more realistic, some guy at your local high school goes psycho starts killing everybody, much better than some dead guy that can't be killed....

Crash_Overload

feltonfreak
r u kidding the exersist i laughed at that.

BackFire349
exorcist is vastly over rated...

lets see, scariest movie of all time for me is the shining, movie scares me still to this day... TCM is kinda mentally disturbing, but not scary. Irreversible is horrifying because it shows how absolutely horrible this world we live in is.. 28 days later is extremely intense and intimidating.

Striel
I usually say that The Amityville Horror is the scariest movie of all time. This could be because I read the book before watching the movie, and the book is the only book to actually creep me out to the point of being slightly paranoid. Then, when I saw the movie, I relived some of those feelings I felt while reading the book. maybe I am just weird.

HockeyFace
What do you think is the scariest movie ever conceived by man? Many say the Exorcist since it was based on a real story. What about Te Texas Chainsaw Massacre? Or the modern day classics with Michael Myers, Freddy Krueger, and Jason Voorhees. What do you think is the scariest movie ever made?

BidMyBlood2Run
The Exorcist because it broke the barrier during its time with the language and scenes and the concept in general, and it's based upon a real story.

Cowboyography
I watched Piranah last night, pretty scary. But honestly this is hard to say. If you want sheer realistic terror, then the classics like Last house on the left come to mind. If your talking Slasher, well then TCM or the first Halloween get my vote. If your looking for movies that a week later make you damn that was scary, I would say Exorcist/ Shining/ Jacobs Ladder. But the horror genre is to big to just say whats the scariest movie ever. Because there are so many different quality types of frights out there I cant pick just one!!

HockeyFace
Yeah, but isn't the truth stretched a little in the Exorcist? That is what I was told... maybe I need to get myself more accurate friends that know horror films.

Cowboyography
It was stretched tremendously. in fact the preist that the story is based on is still alive and well. He never took a deathly fall down any stairs.

HockeyFace
Yep I knew he never died.

BackFire
The Shining

Striel
Either The Shining or The Amityville Horror. I am trying to decide between the two... Definately NOT The Exorcist... it is SO overrated.

I guess I'll choose The Shining.

Lord_Andres
I have alway tought the Fog and Blair Witch are the scariest movies ever made

Cowboyography
I thought Amityville was a great movie. The ending was a little weak (the whole gate to hell thing) but the movie as a whole is very scary and very well made. The scariest part IMO is the opening scene with the murders!

HockeyFace
Blair Witch was fake... no good lying pieces of...

BackFire
hate to break it to you, but ever movie is fake

HockeyFace
Yes but those S.O.B.s promoted the movie as being real.

Cowboyography
yep and it workes out for them perfectly huh

BackFire
No they didn't, it was just an extremely realistic and believable movie, certainly something that it shouldn't be faulted for.

HockeyFace
I thought it was promoted as true and that police picked up the video and stuff?

BidMyBlood2Run
I think the movie is called Possession, it's about the little boy who was possessed and that which Exorcist is based from. I think that one was freaky along with Amityville 1 and 2.

worldindustries
I would properly say per semtary 1 and the Exorcist .

Dario Argento
The one that scared me the most was Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Bassplayer
I think Texas chainsaw massacre was very scary

h0ck3yh0rr0r
the remake or original?

J-Sin.VS.Fred-D
No offense to tcm its a great movie (origonal) but i didnt find it scary at all, though it has one of the best storys any horror movie i've seen in a while has. Would be better if they didnt make so many damn sequels/remakes : TCM remake, Leatherface, Leatherface2 etc.

Dario Argento
The original of course.

Punker69
William whatever the dirctor of the movie said a few years earlier he had to peforme a excorsism on a person so then he made a movie off of it.

Punker69
the movies director had to perform an excorsism on a person earlier then he made a movie off of it

eggmayo
the scaryest film i have ever seen was this one that was only released in america and japan, called redsquare or something, and i still hate that film. has any1 heard of it? know where i can get it back?

tha human soul
I think it's still the exorcist because that shit happens 4 real!!!
The only thing that was f**ked up was that it was so hard to get that demon out of that girl.They made God look like a weak little wimp mad

wicker_man
For me a 'scary' horror film is something that makes you think not something that gives you a quick jump and then its over, films notable for making you think in my opinion are 28 Days Later, Threads, The Wicker Man and The Amityville Horror.

Threads ~ Is not necessarily a horror film but has some pretty horrific and chilling moments in it, the plot centers around the lives of a group of ordinary people in the lead up and aftermath of a nuclear fallout although pretty dated by todays standards this film still serves up some pretty chilling moments.

28 Days Later ~ Director Danny Boyle has always been known to offer something gritty and original in his films and 28 Days Later is no exception what really chilled me about this film is the concept of being truly alone knowing your family, friends and all those who you knew around you are likely to be dead, the steadycam filming added to the gloomy atmosphere, another factor i found chilling was the concept of society without law and order although this has been copied dozens of times (everything from Waterworld to Assault on Precinct 13) 28 Days Later offers a new and quite frankly sinister twist. The music also successfully adds to a tension covered atmosphere that adds elements to the 'anytime now scenario' which is a firm favorite in the film genre, however what are we expecting to see the walking dead as portrayed in countless zombie flicks or nothing merely our focused characters imagination getting the better of him. Being a British Resident the familiar surroundings as portrayed in the film add a chill or two often pointing to the fact that this could really happen just another point that leads me to state 28 Days Later as one of the scariest films ever in my opinion.

The Amityville Horror ~ Even before viewing this film i had a keen fascination with ghosts and up there with Borley Rectory was the infamous Amityville Horror, having read countless accounts of the events surrounding the Amityville Horror i took these into account whilst viewing the film for the first time, again what really chilled me about this film was the some elements of truth behind the film, films with some elements of truth always chillied me particular in the horror sense as they say fact is scarier then fiction.

The Wicker Man ~ Now alot of viewers of this film would brush it aside for its lack of blood and jumps but its what you don't see thats where it gets you, Sir Christopher Lee (who else) is on top form as the films bad guy whilst Edward Woodward gives a gripping performance as the films hero whose faith is tested to the limits in the film, the ending has stayed with me ever since i first viewed the film some time ago and although you actually don't see anything happen its where your mind takes over and begins to really scare you.

samhain
The BBC made a program about 12 years ago called GHOSTWATCH. It was set up as a documentary filmed live in two locations, a studio, where Michael Parkinson interviewed experts and skeptics about ghostly phenomenon. The other location was in the "most haunted house in England" where Craig Charles investigated the goings on...
...before things went horribly wrong. I watched this again recently on DVD, and, like most films that terrified me as a youngster it failed to have the same impact today. At the time however, little Samhain was only a child and so fell the BBC's prank and spent the rest of his halloween night in tears. Show it to a child under the premise that it is real and I can guarantee they will be scared witless.

wicker_man
Wow someone else remembers it, i remember Ghostwatch it scared me senseless, it was only a year or two ago that i found out that it was all a set up, shows how good the set up was, i had been looking for it for years on video or dvd and this year i finally managed to track down a copy on DVD and now own a copy of it.

samhain
I, and I'm sure many others remember the show. Although I found out a couple of days after it was aired that it was a wind-up. Do you still think it is scary?

wicker_man
Not now that i've viewed it for a second time and the fact that i now know it was all a set up but still a pretty good piece of film making if i've ever seen one.

Cowboyography
Hard to say the "Scariest" because whats scary???? I feel movies like "Henry" "Last House on the Left" and "Irreversable" are the scariest type of movies, because its very realistic, you think Thiscould really happen, where as you watch Freddy and Jason and though the "Boo" scare is kinda scary, the "This is real" scare is far for horrific!!

I LOVED THE WICKER MAN, more people should see this movie although most wouldnt make it to the awsome horrific ending!! Nicolas Cage is trying to get a remake ofthis movie going he wants toplay the Detective, i say Lee reprises his role of Summerisle!!!!

mook
hard to define scary but horror film that have affected me in someway in no particular order;

The Wicker Man
Alien
The Exorcist
The texas chainsaw massacre (original)
ring (original)
pet cemetery
nightmare on elm street

SilverFighter
For me it was the exorcist but the best made horror flick title goes to Hellraiser IMO.

ragesRemorse
rawhead rex was scary when i was a little kid. I used to have nightmares of a demon chasing me. Then i watched rawhead rex and it resembled the demon in my nightmares

ragesRemorse
Does anyone remember the t.v show tales from the darkside? I remember the opening sequence of that show always disturbed me, It was a camera going through the woods, then the music turned eerie, and everything turned black and white, and a voice went everything has a darkside . that shit used to freak me LOL coincidently the movie tales from the darkside gave me nightmars growing up. The last tale in the movie "lovers vowl" with the gargoyle. yeah that sent chivers up me spine

Punker69
QUIT MAKING THREADS PEOPLE HAVE ALREADY MADE!!!

bunnies = omens
I really dont know, when watching a horror movie i always wonder if this will be the scariest.

It depends if you count on the jumps or the actual concept of it.
The Exorcist may be a little over hyped but the concept of it scares me shitless. Especially in the one with added scenes when shes coming down the stars backwards like a crab or something.

Halloween when I was younger i just loved to be scared and this did it for me.

I havent seen 28 days later yet! im so desparate to see it

michaelmyers
I recently watched the exorcist and it sucked. Halloween 1 scares the shit out me sumtimes and also halloween 6 is really gorey.

Michael Myers 1
yea but gore doesnt scare me its the jump factor like when u go to the fair and on those scary rides where its dark then all of a sudden something makes a loud noise scares me

shanie623
The Ring... Friday The 13th

Just to note......: I HATE HORROR MOVIES... GIVES ME THE NIGHTMARES FOR A WEEK (LEAST) Seriously... sad

Mr Parker
I would say its a close tie between The Omen and The Amityville horror.They used to make me scared to be at home by myself when I was little.

luhar
It's really hard to decide, but as a kid The Evil Dead scared me shitless.

botankus
You're right, that actually is a pretty scary movie, surprisingly enough.

Cinemaddiction
"Showgirls. Absolutely terrifying."

SlipknoT
We already have about 25 threads like this. I think one of them is still on the first page

ladygrim
smile

§nakehead
From Justin to kelly. man thats disturbing

eggmayo
28 days. the sandra bullock one.

OnLy_FoR_OrLi
No such thing as scary.

SlipknoT
you mean to tell me you have absolutly no fears?

elvish_child
pink floyed: the wall dvd watch it when ur high as hell or when ur on shrooms thats friggin scary.

oh god chucky was scary when i was a kid so was chainsaw masacre ****in even though sum big tuff bikers were in the room i was still scared.

and whne i was little freddy couger i talked to him thats how i overcomed my fears every night i used to sit by my stairs n talk n my mom though i was on crack

BadKitty
merged your thread,duplicate discussion sad

SlipknoT
your mom though you were on crack when you were a little kid huh

§nakehead
I thought the original alien was fairly scary.

@F1
I think it was called the Haunting, it was in black and white, it scared me, especially the loud banging on he doors. I think it was more psychological.

And the old Hammer Horrors always left me in a cold sweat.

black-rose015
i love horror movies but the only movie that actually scared me is probable the ring and it's because i ended up watching it alone at night....and later on i was just watching TV and laying on my bead and i fell asleep so when i woke up the TV was on but the screen was all freaky gray like how it would be before the girl cam out....so that kinda freaked the shit out of me till i was fully awake...

black-rose015
oh and i have a Q....a friend and I wanna watch a scarry movie tonight, but like really scarry not exorcist crap of 13 ghosts....so what exactly do you guyz thing would be a good scarry movie to watch at night that could actually scare you??

SlipknoT
From Justin to Kelly

hezzy_baby
eek! hysterical

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.