Who is the wisest Forum Member?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fire
any ideas ppl?
not the most intelligent but the most wise

I'd go for BF or Finti (hey noone said a wise man would be a compassionat man)

BackFire
Ush or Finti

I'm flattered you mentioned me Fire big grin

Fire
lol it also has a less flattering reason smile

BackFire
Nah, I'm well aware that I'm not compasionate, I recognize that as a strength in my character rather then a flaw however.

Fire
I ment another one, not the one I put between brackets

a secret one shifty

BackFire
ah, gotcha wink

Gundark
Wise ?

Hmmm.....wise.

My age may finally become a positive factor now.

Can I be selfish and greedy and name myself ? wink

BackFire
laughing out loud

I'm sure you can.

Gundark
Well then I nominate Gundark the Wise.

BackFire
definately a......WISE...decision *chuckles to self*

Gundark
Nice chuckle, BF.

And here I was, going to give you an all-expense paid trip to Hawaii just for endorsing me.

Oh well.....*throws plane ticket away*

BackFire
but....the.....ahhhh.....

I was chuckling at my pun....not at your being wise

Gundark
Hmmm...can I get that in writing ?

Bad Boy
me obviously! duh!

julibug
Hmmm. Knowledgable - I'd say Ush. Wisest? I'm not sure. That's a more difficult call.

lil bitchiness
Id nominate Mech....
oh yeah, and Kes..Kes is wise and cool too....so...

Dexx
bwah..silly question.....there are a lot of different styles of 'being' wise.
But..to name one....let's say i'd nominate corran for a sort of combo between intelect and...experience.

corran, you bastard, i hope you DO realise that that is not only the biggest compliment you'll ever get from me...it will be the ONLY one.... stick out tongue

julibug
If wisdom goes with age and experience, than I would have to say it would be either Mech, Diegocala, Happy Kine, or maybe even myself. At least one of us *ahem* "older" members. roll eyes (sarcastic)

mechmoggy
I can't understand why I've been nominated, you people obviously don't know me at all! laughing out loud

el_barto
well i guess hhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm well i guess FALLINGBLUE he's realy cool cool

Kes
Me?!blink
But this is my state of mind--->blink

Tired Hiker
I have the wisest member. What I meant was that I am the wisest member and I don't understand why no one has picked me.

LindsIsTightK
I am by far the wisest 17 year old on these forums cool

j/k stick out tongue

Tired Hiker
Whatever Linds. Psh.

LindsIsTightK
So glad you could agree with me Preston wink cool

Tex
Keo

Tired Hiker
Tex, now what is Keo?

silver_tears
a member here stick out tongue
oh and linds that coming from someone who doesnt know the romania is a country stick out tongue
you thought it was a part of texas evil face

Corlindel
Corlindel says that Corlindel is the one reading and I am not beeing selfish stick out tongue

Tired Hiker
Corlindel, I never even heard of you until now and I can already tell you are far more wise than anyone mentioned. smile roll eyes (sarcastic)

LindsIsTightK
Correction: I live in America, I know our country. That's more then I can say for you stick out tongue I thought that Romania was somewhere near Greece.

Corlindel
There is always a first time. stick out tongue

yerssot
how do you define wise?

Fire
that's up for you to decide, but I usualy define it as being smart about things that you can not learn in school, but for which you need a certain natural born feeling or a certain amount of experience

yerssot
"isn't it wiser to know a bit from everything then a lot from one thing?"

Fire
that's a part of being wise

yerssot
what?

LindsIsTightK
Ditto.

Tired Hiker
Wise is when you can get people to do stuff for you so you don't have to get up.

Darth Revan
Heh. I think the answer to that one is pretty obvious. I *am* the Dark Lord of the Sith. I *have* found the true meaning of the force. Clearly, I am the wisest one here.

Tired Hiker
Okay, you win.

silver_tears
meh i dont bother with the states although they are right below us stick out tongue

Darth Revan
Damn straight. For I am the Dark Lord. Bow before me!!!

royal_jester
ummmmmmmmmmm let me see here who is wise here????????????????????????????????????????????

I would have to say...

Deniro & Backfire

Yeah Backfire because he isn't afraid to speak his mind and he always has something interesting to say.

silver_tears
*files nails* what was that evil face

h0ck3yh0rr0r
Hmmm im very smart and so are other members here...but wise...i'd say no one. No one here is wise. Wise can mean different things. Superior in knowledge? i dunno. so im just gonna say no one.

FallingBlue
i'd say BF

DeNiro
HA me wise lol jsut kidding i am wise in only four areas. Bodybuilding, Women, Eating, and Not doing illegal substances

DeNiro
oo and my vote goes to diegocala or TH but more diego then ne one

julibug
Wisdom is intelligence shaped by experience. Information softened by understanding.

finti
hm sounds like someone is trying to describe me

lil bitchiness
Mech...you are wise cos..i dont know..just accept my nomination and at least pretend you are wise..just stand there and look important...

Kes...i know you're state of mind is blink, but deep down inside you are wise, you know you are...you too, just stand there and look wise, even if you dont think you are....

Kes
lol thanks lil.

I'd BF.
His posts are always thought out, informative and with great view. Not sure I'm making myself clear thou. And if ppl dont agree with him he respects that. No argument.

GroundedAgain
aint i wise??????? na i aint...i jus a bad influence

Tired Hiker
Kes is wise because she had a goat.

Dexx
awh..i think i remember THAT just too well...

mechmoggy
*Corrects posture - Looks important *

big grin

yerssot
what's wrong with greece? messed

Dexx
some good kilometers to the south..THAT's what! stick out tongue

nazgulinthedark
tied hiker

BackFire
HAHAHA!!

Ushgarak
That's not wisdom. I tire of the idea that never arguing is in some way a form of enlightened thinking. Humanity would never have gotten anywhere with that mindset. I think some of the wisest people in history have been absolutely defined by the great extent to which they argued.

Nor is it in any way wise to respect an opinion that has no value.

Besides which, I saw BF's posts in the Matrix area... even HE admits that wasn't wise... awww, just joshing, BF... (slaps ass).

BF is most certainly a well-informed and thoughtful guy, for sure. But I agree with others who have said that we have a problem with defining 'wise'. Some people are most certainly complimenting certain forms of behaviour but mistakenly calling that wisdom. So this has instead become a vague exercise in saying good thiungs about some posters, not in itself objectionable but hardly the point of the subject.

I mean:

"Backfire because he isn't afraid to speak his mind and he always has something interesting to say."

No offence to Royal Jester, but that sounds more like "Who do you think is the best poster?" than "Who is the wisest member?" It was completely disconnected from the subject. Someone might easily say that being unafraid to speak your mind to that extent is a sign of folly, not wisdom.

Personally, I agree with those who have not tried to answer this. Everyone will be talking about something different. Incidentally, Fire, I would say a wise man would be compassionate.

Anyway, I hope that thing about Kes and goats wasn't literal, TH...

yerssot
she wasn't wise enough to save the poor lamb and give it to me!

Fire
as said before, and you said it is very hard to define wisdom;
I think it is a very subjective thing anyways, personaly I don't consider compassion a sign of wisdom

yerssot
a sign of weakness then?

Fire
hmm no a sign of emotional thinking

BackFire
Hey, I argue all the time over people's opinions. I just never get to the point of bashing another person, and when I have nothing more to say I stop posting about a subject in order to avoid repeating myself.

"Besides which, I saw BF's posts in the Matrix area... even HE admits that wasn't wise... awww, just joshing, BF... (slaps ass)."

Even the wisest people need to resort to stupidity sometimes wink

Fire
smile

why do they have to BF?

BackFire
Frankly, it's fun

Fire
hehe, point taken

Kes
Its a sheep. Or it was.

yerssot
*remembers the tragedie*
all the meat lost!

Kes
I was referring to is opinions in a movie. When he likes them he says why (very well) and thats it. If someone doesnt like the movie he doesnt start posting tyring to change or bash the other members opinion.
Funny you posted that cos I was going to say you too aside from the no arguing. Thats why it said he didnt argue.

GABRIEL05
You!

Yes me. Me, me,me.

Me too.

Ushgarak
I hate to say it but we have to steer towards the Matrix area again... they REALLY got your goat, BF< didn;t they?

BackFire
Seems to me that I got their goat, they were the ones that opened threads for the sole reason of bashing me, or trying to get me banned.

Ushgarak
That as maybe, they made you break your own rules you posted above.

BackFire
That was because they weren't responding to my statements, merely stating how stupid I was for 'not getting' the simple matrix philosophy. I had to repeat myself in order to get an actual response.

But you're right, I did break the other rule I mentioned, so I guess I should exchange the word "never" with "rarely". Because everyone messes up occasionally.

HannaBananabal
ME.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
in my opinion that was one of the greatest quotes ever! nice bf

BackFire
Yeah, Ush is just bitter because I got more votes them him wink

Just kidding Ushy babe, I voted for you, you're one of the only people on this site i actually kinda look up to and respect. But I do agree that wisdom is hard to globally define.

Kes
Well I dont know how it started but when somebody posts in a forum about that particular movie that they dont like or it sucks it usually turns bad big grin

finti
Kes was pictured with a sheep!!!!!!!!!!! how unwise not to see the difference big grinbig grinbig grin

Ushgarak
How dare you say it sucks! You big big fool! You are an insect compared to me! etc.

Kes
Those it look like a goat?
Its clearly a sheep big grin

lil bitchiness
yeah...you are all wise bla bla etc...

despite all that i've just read, im still for Kes and Mech...i dont know...they kinda seem more down to earth...not kinda ''I AM THE GREAT ALL KNOWING ONE AND NO ONE IS BETTER THAN ME'' *in a deep movie voice*
and i am not implying that the rest are doing that, just saying....
anyway, thats why i nominate them...big grinbig grin

Besides, i can ask Kes or mech stuff i dont know, and i wont feel dumb..they will just explain it in a kind of a ''none patronizing way''

anyway, hard to explain...but everyone gets the point.....they are not trying to be 'the wise ones'...and yeah, i know, but they still need to get nominated big grin

Kes
Ah.. I'm touched big grin

finti
guess my sig says it all

drunk_nazgul
I rule.

Fire
hehe

badkittykitty
Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the life-long attempt to acquire it.
--Albert Einstein

nazgulinthedark
"There are two things in this world that are infinate, the universe and human stupidity"
-Albert Einstein

finti
"who regard themself so highly that they can decieide what wisdom is" - finti

G.P
Nazgulinthedark, you always forget the second part of this quote :

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure of the former. "
Albert Einstein

yerssot
"As long as there will be humans, there will be war"-Einstein

mechmoggy
* Quick, say something clever *

Errrrrr......Monkey see, monkey do.

Fire
go mechy

nazgulinthedark
i didn't know there was a second part

G.P
Curious... I remember answering one of your posts by saying that... (because a friend of mine had told me the entire sentence) Anyway, that doesn't really matter... smile

lil bitchiness
lol cool thats wisdon mech style...hehe

silver_tears
Wisdom doesn't necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself. ~Tom Wilson wink

cermiestar
big grin

yerssot
ah, cermie, a very wise member indeed smile

cermiestar
no way! i am silly compared to some ppl here!

yerssot
"zelfkennis is het begin van de wijsheid"

FM, storm, queeq, ... can someone translate?

Storm
I can only translate it literally but that' s not the same messed

yerssot
yeah, that's my problem too messed

cermiestar
what is it literally translated?

Kes
So this became a quote thread?:bink:

Storm
self-knowledge is the beginning of all wisdom

cermiestar
very good quote

yerssot
it suits you, cerm wink

cermiestar
embarrasment but i'm not smart....

yerssot
storm said self-knowledge and wisdom, nothing about being smart wink

cermiestar
big grin

Fire
actualy if you adapt it a lil bit it has a certain ring to it

knowing thouself is the beginning of all wisdom

diegocala
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain

Fire
hihi

finti
especially if he is doing some nasty things with himself sick

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.