AOTC SPECULATION: R2-D2 Saves the day

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ratcat

Dim
Well, it sounds like a good theory..I do agree with you that R2 deactivating the whole droid forces would be waaaaaaaaaaaaay too simple and too much like TPM. Hopefully GL wouldn't go with something that lame. The only think that I can think is wouldn't R2 have to do something more than just deactivate the manufacturers?..He'd have to do some damage to them..otherwise they could be reset...unless of course he baracaded himself off with them and kept anyone from resetting them..I guess that could happen laughing out loud

LanceWindu
I like the theory you came up with, it is very good.

Maybe Lucas will surprise us and come up with something totally different than what is being speculated. He could make us believe something and then show us another thing altogether.

Ratcat
As it stands now, I think the plot is probably about 55% out there. All the key elements are coming together.

Texas
R2 and C-3PO back together, saving the day? It brings a tear to me little eye! How wonderful!!! smile smile smile smile smile smile smile

Ratcat
I'm still thrashing through the details on this on. Rather a lot to go through though... wink

Ratcat

darthyogi
Sounds good, and I think R2 would have to do more than he did reactivating the Falcon or shutting off the trash compactor on the DS. And Lucas has said R2 does more - and different things - in AOTC than we are used to.

I'd like to see him pilot a ship alone, that might be cool. Flying into the factory in a fighter with no pilot (or maybe just a panicing 3PO) in a 'droids only' trench-run might work? Maybe the only way to break the droid factory defenses is to send in a lone droid...

Good theory though, Ratcat. smile

ToMacco
Lucas always has to surprise us, so Episode II will probably just by Anakin watching paint dry for two hours.

Then Jar Jar falls on his head and says "uh-oh!"

Ratcat
Not holding much hope out for Episode-II then?

ToMacco
No no no

I'm very optimistic that Lucas will make a good Episode II. I'm just being a smart arse. Frankly, I don't care if it's any good or not, I'll probably like it anyway.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.