Spider-Man's Greatest Villains

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HockeyFace
Who our Spider-Man's greatest villains in your opinion? I think they are:

1. Green Goblin
2. Doc. Octopus
3. Venom
4. Kingpin
5. Kraven
6. Electro
7. Mysterio
8. Carnage
9. Scorpion
10. Vulture

godfather
although he not my fav its got to be the green goblin - hes bin there from the start and as caused more trouble for peter paker than anybody else - he killed hes girlfriend and as spawned the hobgoblin another deadly foe that would never exited it it was not for the green goblin. personally i like carnage - pure HATE!!!!

gambit88
green goblin i don't think is spideys greatest foe i think that it goes in this order
1.carnage
2.doc ock
3.venom
4.green goblin
5.kingpin
6.scorpion
7.electro
8.kraven
9.vulture
10.mysterio

and spideys first villin was the chameleon then the vulture then chameleon had another go then doc ock then sandman then he fought doctor doom then he fought the lizard then he fought the vulture again then some computer called the living brain then he fought electro then he fought the enforcers and the big man who turned out to be foswell then he fought doc ock again then came mysterio then came the green goblin so you see he wasn't exactly the first foe spidey faced he's quite a ways down the line.

godfather
well issue #14 out of 500 is pretty close to the start, thats only 15 issues if you count AF 15 from the start, and he as had more battles with the green goblin than any other foe(taking in account there have been 4 GG, norman,harry,Dr. Hamilton,phil), also there the whole Gwen Stacy thing, but like i say carnage is cool one of my favs, but purly one battles and trouble caused GG got to be hes greatest (not strongest), the makers of the film did a surrvay of spidey fans to see who they thought was his greatest foe and Green goblin come out on top then Doc ock ense the films bad guys.

gambit88
well i'll give ya that he's the most used villin but i've always thought he didn't amount to much in the earlier issues he was always just trying to take over the city through the underworld and through puppkin boms and little ghosts and frogs and stuff i've always thought he was really just a stupid villain that is until ultimate spiderman where they made him awsome

godfather
yer you right there, hes a lot cooler in ultimate, and i've never really like him that much, i mean Pumpkin bombs - Really could't they come up with better than that LOL

What you think of these:-

Hardest Spidey villian? carnage

Hardest spidey friend? punisher(god this man is cool)

Best spidey girlfriend? black cat(get rid of MJ spidey)

worst spidey villian? Big weel - Amazing spiderman #183

HockeyFace
Be quiet Stan Lee is king!

godfather
your dead right, he's created spiderman, thats why we talkin about this and not to say he's created some of the best villians ever!!! DR Doom - How cool? don't you agree with any of my choises hockey?

HockeyFace
I agree with them. Why doesn't noone like Mysterio? sad

godfather
he ain't bad - just don't think hes got the COOL factor in the comics, but he's very cool in the cartoon(90's)

gambit88
absolutely except i would prefer gwen to felecia if she was alive but she isn't otherwise i totally agree

godfather
you never no there could be another clone out there - oh god please NOT, no more clones!!!!!!!!

HockeyFace
Hey at least the end of the clone sagas was good... The reutrn of the original Green Goblin!

godfather
to me - the whole clone saga is a lot more cool now(looking back on it) than it was at the time? i think it is a cool bit of spiderman history and cool to re-read though picking bits out, still tring to sus things out- but at the time it was driving me mad and i wanted it to end- funny how thing pan out!!! and yer bringing back norman was a very cool idea, just need him to fight carnage now!!!!!

gambit88
i loved it when it was ben and peter at the same time they fought like they were on the same brain waves it was awsome

h0ck3yh0rr0r
Doc Ock

Lag
I always thought Spot could have been the ultimate bad guy for Spider-man. I think that when the guys at Marvel relized how unstoppable he could have been they made up some lame excuse to get rid of him.

gambit88
oh man i loved spot but i only saw him in the cartoon if he had super strength i think he would be unstoppable but since he's just a normal man i think spidey could beat him though i didn't like how he beat him in a fight one measly little punch and out spot goes.

worldindustries
Prolly Green Goblin.

Maelstrom
sandman, rhino, and i guess the dude who aced uncle ben

nightcrawler2
sorry guys put i am going to have to say it but it true the top 5 greatest villians are as follows

1. venom(yes i now he is not there as much as kingpin or green goblin)
2. green goblin(he has take aunt may,mj.Also knows who spider-man is)
3. Doc. Octopus(hes just a pain in the ass)
4. kingpin(sider-man just can't touch him that would piss me off)
5. carnage(he is worse than venom but not there even half the time)

i don't know the other 5 that much but the 5 above are the top 5 and i said just a bit why they are the number 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, but there is on more thing i got to say about what the godfather said i feel strange saying that godfather but anyway.the hardest vilian,friend. best girlfriend and worst villian

1. hardest villian =venom(i have to stand my ground if you know what i mean)

2. hardest friend=Wolverine(even dow wolverine doesn't think of spidey-man as a friend. well wolverine thinks of no one as a friend )

3.best girlfriend=black cat(i agree with that she is sexy i her own right)

4.worst villian=i have now idea so i am going to have to agree with you

godfather

nightcrawler2
you can call me nighty if you want. But not to get to comic book nerd on you.But carnage is much more worse than venom but carnage never goes after spider-man its spider-man that goes after canage on the other hand venom is all way going after spider-man.Not half as much as green goblin or doc. octopus.Hense venom is more trouble of spider-man as well he knows who spider-man is unlike carnage

godfather
Totally agree! Venom is much more worse for spiderman than carnage, But carnage is harder. Just hope that venom is in the third film, he desevers to be, can't see them putting anyone else in, i mean no matter what people say, goblin,doc octopus and venom are always in the top 3 of spideys worst enemrys(maybe not in the same order but there always there)

nightcrawler2
at less't we agree with that

Ock
I like Mysterio.I'd really like to see him in one of the Spider-man movies.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.