ROTK SPOILERS dont look if you havnt read book

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sauron
right here we go, this is info from the book, and rumours iv heard from the movie

theoden dies, in the book his horse is shot wth poison dart falls and kills him, p.j wouldnt change that as the poen is great

denethor also dies, sauron decieves him and he cannot handle the fear anguish and grief, he goes mad, and when faramir is bought back, apparently dead its too much he builds a pyre sets it on fire and throws himself on

merry joins the service of theoden and pippin the service of denethor
as pippin is took to gondor because he looked in the palantir and sauron thinks that a hobbit has the ring, (wrong hobbit mate)

saruman will not be killed in scouring of the shire as that is left out as it would be an anti climax after much bigger actions, he is thrown from his balcony, which he is trapped in by ents, anfter gandalf snaps his staff, he is impaled on a spikey wheel thing. after grima has pushed him legolas fires an arrow up in the air, and there is a pause for about 5 seconds, the audience goes "what the hell was that legolas" but then the arrow comes back down and through grima

sam and frodo battle shelob shelob stings frodo and sam thinks he is dead so he takes the ring and sting (the sword) and goes on alone, although orcs find frodos body and carry him off, sam hears them saying that frodo is not dead only paralyzed teporarily, so sam sets on a second mission to retrieve his master.

orcs strip frodo and the mouth of sauron shows gandalf aragorn legolas gimli and every1 who is to claim war on sauron frodos clothes, and they all believe he is indeed dead

eown sneaks onto the battlefield with pippin (theoden forbade them to go) and the witch king confronts then merry stabs it in the knee, and eown swipes off its head, they both fall into darkness, similar to that of frodos in fotr

gollum appears again and tries to take the ring on slopes of mt doom frodo runs to the top, while sam, finally gets to try and kill gollum, he almost succeds and gollun tells sam "we will die when precious is destryed anyway, wel turn to ashes ASHES" so sam leaves him for the sake of pity, sam walks into mt doom stand on a high slop and cannot see frodo, then he sees frodo much closer to the fire, and shouts for him to destry the ring, frodo does an isildur and says no, but gollum comes and attacks frodo for the ring, frodo puts it on and gollum bites off frodos finger with the ring on, and does a dance of joy but falls into the flames, his last words are precioius

aragorm becomes king and marries arwen, eowen marries faramir

Arwenishott
about theoden....i believe PJ will have him go down with a bang.

BingaBonga
still really mad that there will be no war in the shire... mad mad

aragorniscool45
i dont remember that gandalf and them thought that frodo was dead?!?!

howie
Not dead but imprisoned. reading

ilvorlandobloom
i cant wait for the movie it sounds so cool, all that stuff (except 4 how saruman dies of course) is just like the book!

BingaBonga
no, they didn't think he was dead, he couldn't have been dead or else like the whole middle earth would have been shaken. Frodo would turn into a horse rider, and bring the ring to sauron, like he has almost done when he puts it on his finger... they would have known of he was dead, and he wasn't so that's good...smile

sauron
ok, well thanks for keeping, me right, by the way any saruman fans like myself, please go to my other post and vote for him, maybe leave a comment, i like him more than i do gandalf, but none of my points are valid becauses gandalf was the better,- just a thiguh

saruman or gandalf poll

Sifer
Erm, the Witch King slay's Theoden.

sauron
theoden dies when his horse is hit by a poison dart and falls and crushes/kills him, im not sure who fires the dart, so it may very well have been the witch king, but i thought the witch king came later, taunted gandalf, then got killed by merry and eowen

OrliNElijahsGrl
OoOoOo!!! EXCITEMENT! I cant believe they are leaving out the scouring of the shire :-(

ITS NOT TOO FAR AWAY!!! EXCITEMENT JUST KEEPS BUILDING! AHHHHHHHHHH HURRY UP DECEMBER!

BingaBonga
i thought that the witchking killed theoden too... maybe i'm wrong.... no expression

Exa
Yes they did so... because they had the sword and his mithril mail and everything.

It comes out indirectly that the dart came from the witchking.

BingaBonga
but didn't they just think that in the movie, i saw the trailer, i don't remember it in the book....huh

sauron
im sure they thought he was dead, i can remember a remark from someone sayin after all our quest has failed at the gates of mordor or something like that?

but im pretty sure they thought he was dead

Sifer
In the trailer when Aragorn says:

"What does your heart tell you?"

Well, Gandalf smiles. This is just speculation but I am guessing it is pretty safe to say that, that scene is before the Black Gate smile

Going reading Pelennor Fields again, wont be long big grin

sauron
i think its gimli who says it, he seems to have a tendency to make things look bad, but i still love him the hairy little bugger big grin

Sifer
Snowmane was indeed the cause for Theoden's death due to him being crushed. But it was definately the dart of the Witch-King which causes Snowmane to fall smile

fini
arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so far tooo far away

christmas come quickly PLSSSSSSS

Hollie-evenstar
lol the quicker you want it to come the further way it will seem big grin

sauron
one does not simply forget about christmas, its time is filled with more than presents, there are films there that do not let you sleep, not with 10,000 other movies could we forget this

Exa
Yes it goes further and further away sad

While one month ago I thought, well, ok, december will come soon and everything... and now... ages away sad

sauron
like my little boromir speech? big grin

Exa
Yes big grin

Hollie-evenstar
its cool lol big grin very boromir-like christmas has a special place in my heart big grin but i still cant wait for rotk

sauron
big grin hollie in your sig it shoud be

me, im dishonest and a dishonest man you can always trust 2 be dishonest, honestly, its the HONEST ones you want to watch out for because you can never predict wether they are gonna do something incredibly stupid

thought u should know before some die hard potc fan comes on and eats you

p.s anyone got any info on whether they did think frodo was dead

fini
lol sauron........hey you like the boromir pic i posted in the other thread???

hey that speech was good lol

hey ROTK opens on christmas day here.............what a great present/reward for all my months of obsessing

sauron
yeah fini, i have it as my wallpaper, i think boromir is great wish he lived, if i ever join a fellowship destined to save middle arth from a disgruntled broken toaster (sauron) then im bringing a first aid kit lol

fini
yeah and an oozie gun and kevlar suitings.

sauron
and a bucket of really filthy stuff, to throw at legolas (in his hair in particular) and see if he would die of grief lol

imagine though if sauron turned round at the end of lotr rotk, killed aragorn and frodo just appeared n sauron took the ring, i would have to hav p.j assasinated

nephalim27
As for everyone thinking Frodo is dead, they DEFINETELY don't think he's dead, but captured (they (Sauron's goon(s)) show them all of Frodo's personal effects,) and they attempt to make a deal for his life, which Gandalf rejects. This happens when the arrive at the gates of Mordor, on their "trap" march/attack to draw Sauron's attention away from Frodo. Then, almost immediately thereafter, about a minute or two into the battle that begun (the book is very non-linear, and goes back in time to start Frodo's story,) the ring is destroyed and Sauron turns to "Dussstt!," (not ashes) like Gollum would have, and Sauron's army falls at their feet.

sauron
he doesnt turn to dust, he rises into the air in the shape of a hand thingy and blows away in the wind, apparently all those hand of the enemy werent metaphors lol

sauron
at least i think thats what happened, havet read rotk in about 3 month, il read it when im done with the silmarillion (great book, all congratulate exa for sealing the deal on me buying it) cant wait for the film though

i know what happens (read em all at least 5 times) but anyone got any pictures, (shelob, witchking, pellanor field preferabvly) post em here!

nephalim27
I don't remember exactly how Sauron goes...all I remember is he goes, as soon as the ring is destroyed. I was referring to Gollum, and a post made earlier, really.

sauron
yeah i figured big grin

saurons army does not fall at their feet, the army is unaffected by the death of sauron, (who isnt dead) and they only run as some of them realise they are free and others realise even if they win, they do not gain anything as there master is gone, while others simply have there flame of hatred extinguished and quail in fear at the anger in the eyes of men

nephalim27
I didn't mean death by "fall at their feet." I mean they instantly have lost their battle. Sauron dies, I do believe. If he doesn't, he's completely harmless...

Camellia
Apparently they are also changing the scene of the Tower in the film. According to someone on the net I was speaking to (can't remember who!) Frodo is not only going to be whipped, but tied to a torture table and...well...tortured!!! (i.e more severely than he was in the book!!!)

Bring on the angst! big grin

sauron
awwww poor frodo, well im over it! lol big grin,
no triumph without sacrifice
no victory without suffering

(shave his feet)

marshpup
oka, please don't think i'm stupid but i've never read the book. does frodo actually die?

Exa
Actually, everybody dies sooner or later... or very much later...
But, actually, we don't hear about him dying.

MISSY_EC
You are not going to see Saruman's death in the Return of the King theatrical version.
It'll be in the exctended one.

I think the Hobbitbattle will be in the exctended version. Where have you heard it don't will?
That is absolutly madness if he doesn't take the hobbitbattle in it!
I think 10-15 minuts he will sacrifice on the Hobbitbattle, or I'll.....smash him! *well..*

And ofcourse Denethor will die, also Theoden.
Cause PJ has said that he will do as precisly after the books that he can. So why not?

Some says that Arwen and Aragorn won't be married in the movie, but i don't think so....They'll get married. Don't worry.

I've seen an interview with Elijah Wood, he's seen the movie and he is very impressed. More than the two others...
So, it'll be really really good.
The cast and crew thinks that the best is the 3rd. then the 2nd and then.....the 1st.
Well, except Christopher Lee, who is very dissapointed and mad. I would be that to, if I was cutted out of the theatrical version of a movie!
It is his BIGGEST SCENE! And....-Christopher Lee is the biggest fan of Tolkien so.....I think it was VERY stupid of PJ to cut out the most extrodinary moment in the last movie. BAD!

~*MISSY*~

Well...I'm glad that you discuss these things, instead of discussing Orlandos but.

marshpup
thank you, i had to ask because i'm a school teacher and one of students was insisting he died at mt doom as well as sam. i had heard otherwise.

MISSY_EC
Sam doesn't die at Mt. Doom! Where've you heard that???
It would be really absurd! No sense if Sam died! He is going to marry Rosie (or whatever) and have children.....
Can't remember what they call the first one......Frodo? Nah.....Bilbo?
Uh.....well. Never Mind!
If PJ has made Sam die!!!! then I'll be really pissed off on PJ! Cause he said that he won't make changes is the transcript, so he's got to hold his promise or I'll.........

~*MISSY*~

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.