How About A God Movie That Makes Sense?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kkawohl
Can our subconscious, our spirit, interact with a spiritual reality through meditation? Please consider my experiences.

IMHO, I have personally experienced my spirit leaving my body and being united with the "ultimate supreme spirit" (God?). In 1956, when I was fifteen years old, I had pneumonia and thought I was dying. My father took me to a doctor who gave me a penicillin injection and recommended immediate hospitalization. We had no medical insurance or money, so my father took me home to recuperate. I remember the drive home vividly. Every breath was painful and my chest felt as though a great weight was upon it. I watched cars and trucks drive by, and wondered how people could make long term plans when life was so unpredictable.

Several nights later, it felt as if my spirit left my body and it experienced being in a place with a gathering of souls or spirits. I sensed great peace, tranquility and ecstasy -- a rapture that was beyond a person's imagination. I felt as if I was a part of ALL, a part of God. I was mentally communicating and in sync with everyone, including not only some of my deceased acquaintances and relatives, but many of the prophets of the bible, and historical people I had read about. There was no dominant force, no forceful leader. I somehow knew who everyone was. Every thought interacted with the whole community. I had no questions; it seemed as if everything was revealed and crystal clear. I saw the universe stretched out with spirits engaged in mental interaction like master craftsmen contemplating the creation of a new frontier.

When I told my father who was a preacher of the Lutheran Faith about my experience he dismissed it abruptly and told me that this "supreme spirit," this God that my spirit had witnessed, was not the God of the bible and he told me to pray for my salvation. We never talked about it afterwards.

Since that time I never really gave it much thought until the New York World Trade Center tragedy on 9-11-01. I went into deep meditation. I wanted to find an answer to why and how some misguided individuals could believe that their actions would be rewarded with their soul's eternal life with God. I then had a couple of experiences similar to the one I had at age fifteen of my spirit communicating with the "ultimate spirit." (God, Allah or whatever one desires to call him/her/it) One spiritual experience seemed to last throughout the entire night. My spirit observed the entire history and the evolution of the universe and our varying perceptions of God, as if in a fast-forward film.

The experiences I encountered after the 9-11 tragedy helped me come to this conclusion:

1. ALL religions have the same goals and all who live by the basic principles of peace will attain their goal. The problems arise when religious fanaticism arises. A fanatic passion to please God has been demonstrated throughout the Ages. We have seen vast destruction and useless killings by religious zealots that have followed us into the present century whereby even technology is unable to quell its tide.

2. In this 21st Century, the Age of Technology, we are still plagued by religious beliefs that are a contributing cause toward terrorism, killings and wars between nations. Belief in a deity, who keeps causing catastrophes, punishes people, and created the universe out of nothingness as if by magic was brought about by hysteria and superstitions. This thought process needs to be reassessed and brought up to date. Open-minded people must use common sense to determine whether this so-called deity was incorrectly perceived, misinterpreted and misunderstood by the masses of a bygone era.

3. God is a spiritual unity, a oneness, a structured government-like "Spiritual Collective"; the "Progressive and Accumulative Spiritual Intelligence" of the universe existing in a spiritual dimension; a collective of the righteous souls who have passed into the spiritual realm; a spiritual continuity.

Some will say that my personal experience of oneness with a supreme spirit is nothing but a dream or a vivid imagination. It doesn't matter whether you accept or totally reject my story. What does matter is that we evolve to a point whereby we can encourage open-minded people to offer feedback on how our religious beliefs can be brought into the 21st century.

Let us hope that man will eventually progress intellectually and evolve to a point whereby he can socialize with totally eliminated tendencies for barbarianism and without fanaticism; This would be true enlightenment.

Namaste,
Kurt Kawohl

Tired Hiker
If there really is a god, I think he/she/ or it should write and direct a movie. In fact, if you really exist, God, then prove it to us!!! Prove it by making a movie!!! Okay, we'll see.

kkawohl
Sorry, but God is not the all-powerfull bearded man that you have heard of before. God exists in the spiritual realm and guides the development of the universe like a Master Planner but has never physically interfered or meddled with the development of earth or the universe.

In other words, God can't make us a movie. Here on earth, man is more powerfull than God...but we can get our inspirations from him/it. I got the inspiration but not the movie-making ability or the money for it...and prayers won't send $ from above either...so we can only depend on ourselves, someone else, or no one.

Hegemon875
You were probably delirious and hallucinated the whole thing, it does happen.

BackFire
Dogma was great, made fun of how foolish religion can be.

kkawohl
Hallucinating? Anything is possible...but I don't do drugs, alcohol or run around with loose women...& the ones that are tied up can't run. (a pun)

Most religions needs reformation in order to be less foolish...matter of fact all one needs to do is to meditate to find the truth...everything else one knows about God or religions is due to religious conditioning.

Tired Hiker
I heard if I meditate long enough I'll have an amazing orgazm!

BackFire
Nah, religion is foolish because it attempts to make us believe that there's an invisible man in the sky watching everything we do.

Sounds like a fairy tale to me.

Ushgarak
No it wasn't...

Tired Hiker
Good call Ush.

kkawohl
TH, you are right...more power to you...you will pop your cork.

BF, there is no invisible man watching anyone...except in their mind...those were fairy tales or misperceptions of the gullible and misguided...but there is a spiritual existence...& you don't even have to believe in him/it...good deeds will fulfill your goal & give you just rewards.

kkawohl
Ush...lemme splain it to yu. Loose means untied...like running around loose...tied up is the opposite. It was not meant to be taken literally...but if it offended you, I apologize.

Tired Hiker
*starts meditating in the news room*

Tired Hiker
I think I feel it!

Tired Hiker
Will God hate me if I spew all over my computer screen?

Ushgarak
You didn't, that's just not really a pun.

Hegemon875
You said you had pneumonia so that could have been the cause of your "experience"

Tired Hiker
If that's true, how do I get pneumonia?

Ushgarak
Get some Oldmonia and get an upgrade.

Ushgarak
BTW, THAT was a pun... though an extremely lousy one...

Tired Hiker
laughing out loud laughing out loud

sold2jesus
hmm...i don't think gods gonna make a movie messed
it's abut faith.."now faith is bliving in what you hope for and certain of what you cabnnot see" i can't make ya'll belive! it's faith.
um does anyone know when the passion movie with mel gibson comes out?? that'd be alright...maybe!

james xo

finti
ehhh religions are foolish from the start so reformation wont help, and all the meditating I have done did nothing but make me hungry.

kkawohl
You guys are terrific in creating special effects with your postings. Can anyone create a picture that would closely emulate the experiences in my first posting. I will pay $200 if I can enlarge it & use it with my book signings.

finti
unlike any religious leader I aint for sale evil face

Maelstrom
God has no limit. There is no way not to contact him. If that's a prob give me a call

lil bitchiness
What i want to know in the whole releigion stuff is, if god is all powerful creater who created us and wanted us to worship him forever, why did he give us a choice whether to believe or not to believe in his existance let alone divinity...

If he wanted our gratitude for everything that we have and if he wanted worshiping, why didnt he show himself up before us from the begining...?!

cermiestar
because he gave us free will

lil bitchiness
Free will is different to ignorance...

how can we have the option if we dont know that he/she is there...

Free will would be if we knew for sure of his/her existance, and then choose or not choose to worship him..that would technicly be free will....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.