The Punisher [merged]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

marvelouslc
Has anyone heard anything about The Punisher movie coming out next summer based on the Marvel comic? I know that Thomas Jane's gonna Frank Castle (Punisher), and I think that could wind up being pretty cool. I also heard that John Travolta is gonna be the bad-guy, but does anyone know if that's true? I saw the logo, it's pretty sweet, and I know that the trailer is going to run with the Hulk on June 20th, but that's pretty much all I know. Does anyone know anything else??? The Punisher is bad-ass, don't get it twisted!

mechmoggy
Not heard anything myself. The last time they did a Punisher film, it was utter crap.

Lets hope if its true, they do it more justice this time.

Augeybana
Heard it's being made in Tampa.

Darth Vicious
Whos Thomas Jane and what movies he appeared in? I hope the movie is based in the current Punisher in comic books which is really sick and take no bulls**t from no one and kills bad guys in really awfull ways, like tiing a guy up and the throwing him off a building, now thats good stuff

Augeybana
I think Thomas Jane was in the movgie Dream Catcher but your right we need ruthless character that takes no $hit from no one.

Roger
This would make a good movie.

duffy
Yeah cant wait for this i just hope they dont try to get a low age rateing on this it needs to be nice and viloent smile

KurtVagner
There was another one done before with Dolph Lundgren

zameal999@yahoo
the only part of the dolf movie was the yakuza princess she was leathal

i only hope they can get it right this time

mechmoggy
Overall it sucked ass though.

Omegaman
Thomas Jane not a good choice for Frank Castle!

duffy
http://www.punisherthemovie.com/

the site starts 20/6/2003

duffy
Just found a pic of the new punisher!

I hope its not!
Doesnt look much like the punisher!

duffy
He should look like this for people who dont no!

Darth Vicious
I rreally hope thats not the guy for the movie and i agree thats what the Punisher should be(the one above)

SlayerChick1188
in case no one has seen this...the OFFICAL trailer is out! i don't know...looks pretty good to me big grin

http://www.apple.com/trailers/artisan/the_punisher/trailer/quicktime_large.html

ragesRemorse
Doesnt look very good. The Guy playing punisher looks like a pussy. I wouldnt be to scared by him. It looks like a typical movie that tries to bank money off of a great concept. The original punisher movie was great. Had the raw gritty feel to it..

lively
The trailer looks pretty good, I'm a big fan of the comic so I'm psyched. This site has the trailer link and soundtrack info. The song by Edgewater is pretty good.

punishermusic.com

Lord Soth
I love the way this character, the unforgiving vigilante. It makes for a great story. I can't wait to see it (April 16)

lively
so bad ass, right?

DoReMi
i like it,is good

Lord Soth
The Puisher is indeed a bad-ass, merciless vigilante

Kes
Arent they all?!

Lord Soth
Except for the merciless part, which is what makes The Punisher so unique

Kes
Ah. Isnt Spawn merciless? And the other guy they are making a movie too...something rider. Ah ghost rider?!

Mr Parker
I'm so glad they are remaking The Punisher.Since they are doing it right this time by including the skull on his shirt,this gives me hope that maybe 15 years or so down the road they will get the spiderman movie right and give him the chemical webshooters.

Lord Soth
Sam Raimi excluded the chemical web shooters for a reason. He didn't think a high school student could come up with sometihgnthat complicated. And it's not that big a deal anyway, so grow up.

Kes--->I don't know anything about Spawn, never got into him stick out tongue

Mr Parker
That argument is so laughable because there are things in that movie a lot more unbelievable than that.I bet if I was having this conversation with you when the first Punisher movie had been made and pointing out how stupid it was to make the movie without the skull on the chest,you'd be saying the same exact same thing trying to justify the skull not being on the chest and acting like a child telling me to grow up because of that. roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue sounds like you need to grow up since you cant stand to hear how stupid it was to use organics.

Lord Soth
You misunderstand. I don't care that they were made organic because it wasn't THAT big a part of the mythos. Now, if they excluded the webs althogether, that would something completely wrong, and I would be mad. Just like the skull on the Punisher's body armour. It's an important part of the character. The fact that the webshooters are organic instead of chemical isn't a big deal. The big deal is that the webshooters are THERE in the first place. So don't patronize me

Kes
Oh come on guys, there's a thread to discuss that in the spiderman forum.

ash007
aah shut up Mr Parker i think Lord Soth is right it doesn't matter that the web shooters are orgainic or chemical. just grow up for once

sentinelrv
I don't know much about this movie, but is it like the game Max Payne, where he just kills everyone for revenge.

Lord Soth
As the trailer says, and I quote: "I do not seek vengeance. No...not vengeance....punishment." And then the kick-ass music starts playing big grin

lively
bodies on the floor!! great song. It's about time they remade the punisher. It's very cool Travolta is in it too.

Mr Parker
thats two people I know to put on my ignore list.

Mr Parker
Patronize? You started the patronising with your grow up remark. roll eyes (sarcastic) wrong again because it IS a big deal and an important part of his character.and you failed to address my question.Kes please close this thread before it gets any uglier.

Lord Soth
I didn't mean to make anybody mad.

lively
wow this topic took a wrong turn somewhere.

botankus
Noooo....it turned from god-awful boring blah to somewhat interesting now that the "patronizing" has started.

Kes
Lets just get back to Punisher,ok?!
Thank you.

Lord Soth
Perhaps I started it, but you were increasingly rude, far more than I was. And what question did I fail to answer?

Anywho, back on topic. I'm really looking foward to this movie, looks like it could kick Spider-Man's ass

lively
I hope it does...I really liked Spiderman, but the Punisher has such a possibility to be so bad-ass (if done correctly)

------------------------
punishermusic.com

lively
Thoughts on it being set in tampa?

Lord Soth
I didn't know where it was supposed to be set, but I think Tamp's a good a place as any

mf71073
Why can't anyone make the punisher right!

ragesRemorse
this movie is going to be a very bad movie. The guy the have playing punisher doesnt have the presence or build the punisher seemed to give off through the comics. they picked some pretty boy to play the anti hero, they went for the biggest name bad guy they could afford, which was travolta. Instead of signing on actuall marvel writers who worked with the comics, they go to an independant writer. this movie is going to be worse than DAREDEVIL. The first punisher was decent enough. granted it diddnt have the big budget, or the superb acting. however it did have the dark story, the gritty violence, and it's roots

Fallen Jedi
I've seen the trailer and I have to agree with RR, this looks like an awful movie.

shaber
The Punisher was one of the most dangerous inmates in Rikers prison.

samhain
David Schwimmer as The Punisher. I can really see that working.

Lord Soth
I think it looks great

I prefer being an optimist wink

Kes
What the f**k? What are you talking about? That loser is not going to be The Punisher.

Lord Soth
He was joking, I'm sure

bean
i saw hellboy over the wknd. and the trailer for the punisher showed this guy who looked like a buffer younger c.lambert. i think it's prettty amazing.

Storm
moving

silver_tears
I loved it eek!

Thomas Jane was great big grin

Aku
Its bad enough that they bring all these things back from our child hoods and make them into films. Scooby Doo was bad enough, and whats with john travolta doing it anyway? It just looks like another crap movie. Movies are really good these days, but taking classic childrens storys, books and comics and making them into films for the family is just a crap idea.

soundtrack
i desperitally need help!!! at the end of the movie of the punisher while castle was on the bridge he said a quote/line (actually a paragraph), can anyone tell me exactlly what he said thx and hope u can help!! sad embarrasment sad wink smile

K.Diddy
smile Cant remember, but will let you know.

So what did everyone actually think of this movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.