Greatest Horror MOvie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
Ok i just want to know what u guyz think is the greatest masterpiece of Horror Movies. Im not talking about how scary it is or how gory it is...im just saying what horror movie is a masterpiece. a work of art basically. smile

i really dont know right now. im just gonna say either one of these

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (not the remake), The Shining, or Silence of the Lambs. Those are my choices.

h0ck3yh0rr0r

BackFire
TCM, Shining, Last House on the Left, Henry:Portrait of a Serial Killer, Dawn of the Dead, 28 Days Later

Lord_Andres
The Fog, JC's The Thing, Freddy vs Jason, JC's Vampires 1 and 2, and The Blair Witch

Cowboyography
Dawn of the Dead, Its a Zombie Opus, A work of true Genius. The Citizen Kane of Horror movies.

Dario Argento
The Shining, TCM, Day of the Dead, Deep Red, Suspiria, Dellamorte Dellamore, The Beyond and Cannibal Holocaust. But if I only can pick one I would say The Shining or TCM.

xblanex
Dawn of the dead definately

Striel
The Shining.

Bassplayer
Halloween and Scream not very scary but well written story and suspence.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
scream....a masterpiece? lol

J-Sin.VS.Fred-D
TCM, not scary but as i said in other forum best horror movie i have ever seen. By the by, does any1 know where i could see Henry: Portrait of a serial killer for free? i've heard alot about it here. For free i mean like download able or sumthing smile. Or if anyone knows if its going to be on tv any time soon big grin Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Lord Soth
Exactly my choices. Scream is genius.

HockeyFace
How can killing not scare you guys... wait! Are you all killers!

h0ck3yh0rr0r
that question is nonsense hockeyface....we are all killers....have u ever killed an ANt? there ur a killer. done and done. lol smile and scream really sucked. not a masterpiece.

hockey face u have fav hockey team?

HockeyFace
Yes I have a favorite Hockey Team, Phoenix Coyotes and the Minnesota Wild. Not that either team is that good... Wild has the best jersey and the worst name.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
lol i do agree in a way
I like the L.A Kings cuz im from La lol

Lord Soth
I reiterate, Scream is genius

BackFire
The FIRST Scream was brilliant, yes. The rest were just the same idea repeated.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
hmmm i wouldn't say brilliant but good yes. just my opinion.

BidMyBlood2Run
Scream, Halloween, The Exorcist

xblanex
ya screams sequels shouldnt have been made

BackFire
The first Scream was actually really unique

Dario Argento
the whole Scream trilogy sucked!

h0ck3yh0rr0r
^ i wanted to say same thing but Scream 1 started out good.

Dario Argento
You did? I really don't see anything good in any of them. They are not funny, not scary, and unoriginal. They are very borring. I really can't understand why some think it is a masterpiece. Wes Craven's time is out. He should stop making movies if he can't make better things than that anymore.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
beginning of scream 1 was good heres the reason.

the poster of scream was with drew barymore if u remember...and everyone thought she was going to be the main character. and right from the beginning she dies. thats y i liked the beginning.

BidMyBlood2Run
Wes Craven is the master of horror, is time won't be up, ever.

Dario Argento
I didn't really mean it that much. Wes Craven has made a lot of great movies, I just think he has made some crap the last 7 or 8 years.

I was 11 or 12 when I saw Sream the first time, so I don't remember that Drew Barymore poster, but anyway I think the whole film sucked. It really disapointed me.

h0ck3yh0rr0r
ur a year older than me but its ok that u dont remember. i wont forget the scream poster cuz i was sooo excited about the movie. i wanted to watch it soo bad. but in the end i was dissapointed lol smile

http://www.flash.net/~henderso/screamposter.jpg

Dario Argento
Oh that poster! now I remember.
well... I don't think I even thought about that

Lord Soth
Haven't seen the other 2, but I want to. I heard the 2nd one was a great movie (as great as sequels go), but the 3rd wasn't very good

Lord Soth
Haha, I turned this into a Scream thread laughing

xblanex
Which is weird, cause this is supposed to be about good movies

vibz
haha yuh...i didnt like any of the scream movies i didnt bother watchin the 3rd one...was it any gud? i heard it was as crap as the other 2 and i wudnt be surprised if it was!

Lord Soth
Ooooooooooooo, harsh big grin

Sara-jade
Their are no real materpieces that I would class as horrors the mysteries are where the masterpieces lie.
The best horry movies are full of blood and guts,that leave you either looking like this confused or this sick and occationally laughing because their so pathitic
You go to the horrors to see gorr and when it's actually in frount of you, you cover your eyes or sloch in your seat.
It's the best! big grin

h0ck3yh0rr0r
cannibal holocaust...

swordmaster
Day of the Dead, 28 Days Later, CHUD, and Phantasm

Micheal_Myers
Halloween 1,2,4,5,6....h20 and Ressurection were good but not as good as these.Others would be...hmmm...I guess Stephen King's It....

h0ck3yh0rr0r
i disagree. only the first halloween movie i would say is a masterpiece.

Micheal_Myers
The first Halloween movie would probably be the masterpiece I would pick out of those.Either that or 6.But in my oppinion they are all Masterpieces excpept for 3, H20, and Ressurection.

Lord Soth
Out of the Halloween movies I've seen (1,2,4,H20), I'd say the first is the best, but only because it's the genius behind the entire saga, which has not turned out a bad movie (except Resurrection)

Darkweaver
Poltergeist, The Ring, The Blair Witch Project, The Nightmare On Elm Street Series, Evil Dead 2 and House Of 1000 Corpses.

The first three are especially big favorites.

Lord Soth
IMO, Blair Witch is pure, useless crap

BackFire
Many people feel the same way Lord Soth, I'm not one of them though.

xblanex
i think blair witch was better then the ring. Ring sucks.

Micheal_Myers
Why do you say it doesnt suck Backfire?Just because it was original?...either way I thought that movie sucked.Nothing happened the entire time.Except people went missing and they found a dead body in the end...booofrickidyHoo!!

Dario Argento
It was only original because it got popular.

BackFire
Actually, I'm one of the few people who recognize the fact that it wasn't original, it was basically a ripoff of cannibal holocaust, just with spirits and witches instead of cannibals.

The reason I like it is because I found it to have an incredibly eerie and lonesome atmosphere, and I thought it was just a well done film. It was very convincing and believable.

Also I thought that the slow devolvment of their mental state, slowly watching them go insane, was very very captivating.

Also some of it was very creepy...

Dario Argento
I totally agree.

Micheal_Myers
heh....I never saw it that way... big grin ...but still I really dont like that movie...but thats not the point....you have given me reasons that you like that movie that proove me wrong....so I guess I should apologize...

Lord Soth
I'm aware of that. Come to think of it, Blair Witch wasn't THAT bad, I just didn't like the constant camera shaking (although I realize that that helps set the atmosphere) it didn't make watching it very easy. The suspense was good.

Call me Soth, it's easier big grin big grin

Darkweaver
Blair Witch was a good movie in the sense that it was one of the first contemporary horror films not to rely on gore or monsters, but instead left everything up to your imagination. It was also filmed to be imitate as if it happened for real, and many people were duped into believing it. The movie also provided a fantastic and very detailed mythology, moreso than most horror movie franchises ever could. All in all, I found it to be an entertaining and genuinely spooky movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.