Annakin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

yerssot
I just saw ROTJ again and I noticed something:
Yoda tells this against Luke:
"Do not underestimate the power of the Emperor, or suffer the same faith as your father did..."

Does this means that Annakin didn't turn dark because of the lost of his mother or Padme? Did he turn black because he opposed the Emperor, maybe for saving Padme or something like that?

Ushgarak
That may have just been a general point, but I have alwyas said that this line suggests that Anakin's final fall occurred while on a mission to STOP Palpatine.

Ratcat
I think this may be more to do with the fact that Anakin trusts Palpatine, even in Episode-II this is going to be obvious.

Also, I think Yoda is warning Luke against the manipulative nature of the Emperor. He uses words and situations to manipulate peoples emotions.

He did it in one, and OH BOY! Is he gonna do it in II...

yerssot
Well simple: he manipulates Annikin who wants to stop the tirany

LanceWindu
If the Emperor threatend to kill you unless you joined him, would you oppose him?

finti
I think Anakin was manipulated by Palpatine, like yerssot said. and fell to the dark side or was lured to the dark side. Anakin goal might have been nobel as a fallen jedi though. He wanted to end the confussion that roamed the galaxy. But as the more controll the emperor gained the further Anakin fell to the dark side. I think Anakin questions the Jedi way maybe he feels they aint determined enough. So he wants to use all his abillities, he belives he is the chosen one, to put it all to an end. He sides with Palpatine and opposes the jedis, fights with Obi Wan and end in a lava pit. What crawled out was not Anakin any more, Vader and a new sith apprentice was born.

yerssot
LW; I don't think that is correct, if he did that, then I think you would do some silence rebelion, opposing the Emperor whitout him knowing, Annakin doesn't do this, so I think that he was manipulated

LanceWindu
How would somebody go about opposing the Emperor without him knowing???

yerssot
Don't carry things out that well, don't choke EVERY guy that does something stupid but say:"Well, beter luck next time"

Jameous Woodshire
But he reads minds and emotions too well. There would be no way to defy him except for oughtright.

HAyden said in the new Insider something about 'you will see why he turns toword the dark side... and see that you may make the same choices.'

something like that ,but I dont feel like finding it. It was at TF.N

Dim
I don't know about the "making the same choices" bit...

Ratcat
As far as Episode-II goes, Anakin will be manipulated by Palpatne, but along with all the other Jedi.

We don't see much of the Anakin/Palpatine relationship in Episode-II, that will come in Episode-III.

yerssot
Guess Annakin never heard the lines:
"It would be a hard life, one whitout reward, whitout remorse, whitout regret, ..."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.