Sauron Defeated

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tifa_Lockheart
Anybody read Sauron Defeated. I found it informative, and loved the Notion Club Papers. rolling on floor laughing

sauron
where is sauron defeated, a seperate book, in the silmarillion, unfinished tales??

(i will never truly be defeated, not while evil still stalks the earth)

Arwenishott
sauron defeated.....never heard of that

turin
sauron defeated is one of a series of 12 books christopher tolkien did called the history of middle earth. i believe it is book 9? i havent finished it yet, i just got the peoples of middle earth and got excited and started it before i finish the others, oops

BingaBonga
oh yeah, i saw that, i think that it's cool, i want to read it!

Exa

BingaBonga
that's by chistopher tolkien right, his son?

shaber
Yes, that's right BingaBonga. Another in the series is "The Treason of Isenguard." Sauron Defeated is narrated by Sam in the early Fourth Age. smile

Exa
No it's not BY him he just put together everything Tolkien himself wrote and added comments and explanations.

nephalim27
You're thinking of the Sillmarillion, or Unfinished Tales.

I saw, in the back of one of JRR's books, that he wrote one more book called "The adventures of Tom Bombadil." I've never seen it, nor heard of it, but i'm interested. Anyone?

Exa
Hm I was thinking of the History. Christopher didnt invent that himself.

The Adventures (as far as I know) contain different poems - mostly hobbit poems, quite nice to read.
And well one of the poems is about Bombadil

Tifa_Lockheart
Originally posted by sauron
where is sauron defeated, a seperate book, in the silmarillion, unfinished tales??

Its a book, all by itself. Type it in your search engine to find out. Its not included in the silmarillion, most of this book is Christopher Tolkien's take on his fathers book. A must for LotR fans, like me!! lolz

Tifa_Lockheart
So you are all kind of right!

Exa
Which of the History do you like best?

Exa

sauron
so you enjoy seeing me in pain huh? your sounding very much like feanor stick out tongue

anywhoo turin, where the hell have you gotten too, i know that post is from like months ago but get back ere now, im not joking, i know you cant see this but so!

*gives turin about a week to return*

Exa

sauron
so on and so forth,

which shows the earlier drafts of the End of LoTR where the Ring is destroyed...

wow, are they any different, or are they the same just a tiny bit altered

*hope sauron gets the ring and mercilessly slaughters the shire-folk*

Exa
A "tiny bit" laughing out loud but the ring IS destroyed stick out tongue ... and Wiki is killed in the fires of Mt Doom mad poor Witchy sad

sauron
WOW wiki killed in mt doom, nice big grinbig grin

well not nice for wiki but its a better way to die, than bloody folding up when some bird stabs you stick out tongue

Smodden
wiki killed at mt doom? I don't think so...exa are you joking?...i know you are...happy mothersday exa...Have you and sauron had kids yet?...big grin

*joking*

Smodden
*imagines what offspring of a dark lord and tolkien's desendant would be like*

Exa
Wiki killed at Mt Doom in the version of "Sauron Defeated" wink stick out tongue

laughing laughing laughing laughing omg lol

Mr. Bacon
hahaha laughing out loud

sauron
well they would be

-amazingly clever and know everything that ever happened ever in thie whole history of arda and before

-amazingly evil

iwould say thats a good combo i am like Banquo! not a king myself, but the root and father of kings!

yeeeeeeeeeeeeey

ok...macbeth getting into my brain! AAAAH

Exa
evil face Lovely combination evil face

The ultimate way to finally cover all, really ALL the world with darkness... yey big grin

sauron
and have some fun in the meantime stick out tongue naughty

kingerking8
That's Really too good ...!!!

eezy45
and 8 years old, too ...!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.