Lost TPM footage on DVD

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthyogi
This is not strictly EpII / III stuff, but I noticed a picture on the Official Star Wars site taken from a cut scene that will feature on TPM DVD: it shows Qui Gon and Anakin passing an 'odd-looking starship' on their way back to the Nubian.

Is this Slave One on a repair ramp? Looks like it could be, especially if you imagine the fins attached where the 'vent' is. I'd attach the picture here but I don't know how. confused

The site is: http://www.starwars.com/episode-i/feature/20010910/indexp2.html

Anyone comment?

Ratcat
I saw this, but I think it's just a ship...

Here's a link straight to the pic.

http://www.starwars.com/episode-i/feature/20010910/index_14.html

This should be in the Episode-I forum really... But then you knew that, didn't you.

yerssot
My first impression was also that it was Slave I

Ratcat
Small not, Slave1 doesn't have legs does it...

yerssot
It's in repair perhaps?

What I don't understand is that 2 guys, that have never met, but they know starwars, thinks that the ship is slave I confused confused

sand person no. 10
why would slave 1 be in tpm, it makes no sense for it be that, while on the topic of slave 1 and boba, why is he the only clone who survives until the ot?

Ushgarak
Well, who on Earth has thr slightest clue about that, eh? We're not even certain of the accuracy of BF yet.

LanceWindu
We'll just have to wait for Ep2 to come out.

Texas
I read on Yahoo today, that Lucas spent 4 million on the special extra features for the TPM DVD. I cant wait! It's here next month.

LanceWindu
I don't think that is Slave 1 . Those legs look as if they are a part of the ship, not just service legs to help the ship when being worked on.

yerssot
LW, in ESB the Slave I stands on his legs, can you find a pic of that so we can compare

LanceWindu
When in ESB did the Slave 1 stand on it's legs?

yerssot
"Put captain Solo in the cargo hold."
There you could see for a very short second the legs of Slave I

Bragg2012
I dont recall this scene, but a pic would be nice..

yerssot
I haven't find a pic yet, someone with a BTM-CD?

queeq
Seems to be too high on its legs to be Slave 1. I remember it to be much lower in ESB. My two cents, though.

Anyway, moving....

yerssot
Maybe the legs can stretch? But my first guess was Slave I

Ratcat
Bwaaaahhhhhaaaaaaaa, I have you all now...

yerssot
confused confused confused
and now, stop drinking

queeq
Or buy us all drinks! big grin

Ratcat
Hmmm, I don't believe so. Any landing legs in that scene only held Slave 1 a foot or so off the ground, the legs in that restored scene look about 20 feet high,

yerssot
I saw ESB yesterday,
I don't have a big-screen tv, so I don't know how it sees like that.
But what I saw is that the Slave I doesn't have those legs.

queeq
That kinda settles it.

yerssot
Nope,
they said the ship was in repair, it could still mean that the legs were placed to look underneath the Slave I to see if something is defect

Ushgarak
Yerssot, does the word 'reasonable' mean ANYTHING to you?

queeq
He may think it means that it is an English word. wink

yerssot
Yeah, difficul to spell rolling on floor laughing
What I mean is that it resambles very well the Slave I and that it COULD be the same, let's wait until it's on DVD

King Jedi
But your T.V will probably show things that aren't there. big grin

yerssot
Yeah, didn't anyone notice that QGJ had horns? rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing

King Jedi
laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing

yerssot
How about the waterfall-scene?

King Jedi
What about it?

yerssot
Is it usefull?
I don't think that is.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.