World Trade Center: Impact on Movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ratcat
I've have just seen this article on Yahoo.

Rather than repeat it, go check it out.

Basically it deals with a number of movies that are being put back due to their content in relation to the events of the 11th September 2001.

Gundark
I saw this article this morning....I think its a good idea.

Texas
It's a good idea. However, many old movies and TV shows curently running have the World Trade Center in the back ground, it's going to be strange seeing it, and knowing that it's not there anymore will be saddening.

Ratcat
I think I posted about the Spider-Man movie in the original thread. I applaud Columbia for their actions.

Texas
The entire finale of Men in Black 2 is having to be re-shot because of the tragedy

yerssot
Why reshoot? Put it in a box and let it rest for a month

Texas
It's going to take years for people to get over this. A month is way to short. I surely wouldn't want to be watching a movie, enjoying myself, and then they show the World Trade Center. All those memories about planes crashing, and people dying, and skycrapers collapsing would fly through my head, and cause me to feel uneasy. I'm sure the director doesn't want people to feel that way.

yerssot
When you're not in the US it's different, but take Australia, in a month they would already forgot about it, I mean, it wouldn't do more pain to them

Texas
Call me crazy, but for some stange reason, I dont think an American director, making an American movie really cares what people in Australia think. You just dont understand, if they bombed Lady Godiva's choclate factory, you'd feel differently roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
No! not the chocolate factory!
Oh well, that would mean no chocolats for you!
Sorry, but what I meant was that people from other countries aren't that close involved with it

Texas
No, I'm sorry, I should of never said that about Lady Godiva, I would just die if the bombed those precious choclates. Can I ask you a question? are Lady Godiva choclates cheaper in Belgium? Because here they are like $30 for a turtle truffel. Very expensive!!! Here in Dallas, they have a little shop stand between Versace and Gucci, go figure roll eyes (sarcastic)

Texas
I just read that the remake of 'The Time Machine' is going to be delayed while they re film the ending. Apparently the end was too violent with pieces of the moon falling on NYC. The movie which now costs $80 million is going to cost even more.

ToMacco
I think it is absalutly rediculous to reshoot endings to movies. No one can deny that the World Trade Center exsisted once. It's been destroyed by cowards, who wanted to put the country in chaos. We would be aiding these terrorists by reshooting all these films.

The World Trade Center is part of our past, and it should be remembered. Do we want to forget about the thousands of people who lost their lives when it collapsed?

I just watched the movie "Someone Like You" tonight (Ashley Judd, Greg Kinnear). It came out about a year ago. The film was set in New York. There was a scene in which the couple went up into an appartment which they were to rent. The realitor told the two "You have a great view of the World Trade Center from here" And there the towers stood, like a ghost figure on the horizon.

It shocked everyone that I was watching the movie with. We didn't know that scene was in the movie. We all gasped. But we were glad they didn't pull the movie from shelf to cut it out. It's important to remember.

FLIPMODE
...Pieces of the moon falling on new york?? How are going to reshoot that.

This is begining to suck. As wierd as that scene may sound, now im interested in seeing it.

I dont know Im starting to change my mind over scenes being re-done. Delayed films I can see. But really, im starting to think, hollywood should'nt feel so guilty with releasing there films. And I dont feel that Hollywood should should feel, that any scene is disrespect to anyone remotely involved with the attacks. How can it be?

I think they should delay some films, but not re-do them. Anyway, this will result in a huge number of DVD's with deleted scenes next year.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.