Should we rebuild the twin towers?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Texas
I know we are still grieving, but at a time like this, I can only look to a happier future. I am wondering what some of your board members think about the twin towers being rebuilt, or if they should be rebuilt. I think that they must be rebuilt. They are a symbol of our country, I cant imagine Manhattan without the towers. They would be thousand foot memorials to all those lost souls and of course they would construct a memorial at the base of the new towers. Does anyone have any suggestions to what should be done? I would rebuild the towers exactly how they looked like, except they would be red, white and blue and an enormous American flag would fly at the top off the lighting poll. Maybe I'm a little too patriotic smile

Dim
I don't think they should rebuild the old design..but I do think they have to build a new Trade center.

Ratcat
I do believe that a "New World Trade Center" should be build, however I do worry about how the location will be percieved in future.

It would be no good if the replacement simply became a memorial to the dead. It needs to once again return to being the focal point of world trade, befitting of its name.

sand person no. 10
i quite like the idea fo them building 2 thousand foot high posts into the ground with the names of the victims on them, i think it would be unfair for people who have to work in the new wtc to work in the same place as all of that tradgedy and with the fear that this may unfortunately happen again.

Jameous Woodshire
I also think it some sort of building be built to house those business.

But we should turn the area into a park or memorial for the lost. I liked the stone seats that the Murra building bombing memorial has, but there may be too many gone this time for that, and it should be different from every memorial made.

Sometimg with the victims names and possably a reflecting pond, or maybe plant trees one for each victim where WTC stood.

keokiswahine
something so they will not have died in vain. a peace park would be nice.

darth fester
As we have seen this week tall buildings are not safe.

Lessons must be learnt on the saftey of people who work and live in tall towers.

We all saw the images of people jumping from windows and it was shocking

the only reason these tall towers are built are because of money

I read a report a few years ago on how bulidngs are gonna get higher and higher

lets hope after what happened on tuesday they dont

Dim
Well..in the case of a plane hitting it I wonder if any building is safe.. I don't really have an idea of what they'll do but I'm sure they'll do something good..The Oklahoma Peace Park is really beautiful so I would think they'd do something as nice or nicer for the World Trade Center/Pentagon disaster.

yerssot
I don't think that would be wise. There are a lot of painfull memories there, so perhaps built something on it, but I don't think that would be good

Texas
The more I think about it, the less I like the notion of rebuilding the towers. They would be like two ghosts. I think Dim is correct, The World Trade Center would need a new design. I wonder where it would be built? no more room in Manhattan, they would probally have to demolish some buildings in Battery Park or fill up the Hudson and build it on the bank. I can imagine the memorial is going to be beyond beautiful.

ToMacco
I do agree that the area will become a garden/park area in memeorial of the dead.

As far as the towers being rebuilt, there is no question they will. Perhaps not the same design, but new towers will be erected. Thousands of businesses are without a place to work out of right now, so they must build something.

I think we will build something quickly, as a sign of our strength.

Ratcat
Didn't Dubyah just say this week that they would be rebuilt...

Gundark
Perhaps building four 50 foot towers would be better than the original design.

Ratcat
Don't you mean 50 story, 50 foot towers wouldn't hold that much...

Gundark
Yes, that's what I meant. You'll have to excuse me, I just got the total for my car inspection and I'm in a state of shock.

Ratcat
Ah! Not good then?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.