Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

robstelox
i want to know if anyone can help me and give me or tell me a site that i can find rood quality pics of wolverine, because someone who has a talent with drawing promised me to draw a pic if i gave her one,and wolverine is my favorite character
thnx

robstelox
plz help me

kohl
a few here: http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Set/4637/images.htm

and here: http://www.wrathoftherunt.com/wotr4/Wolv-BlueYellow.htm

Kes
Well in the X-men pics thread there are a lot of great pics of him. In the last pages if I'm not mistaken. Also if you type Wolverine in any search engine (like google for example) tons of links with lots of good pics with pop up wink

rwendelin
Ok I read somewhere that Wolverine was once a vampire or something like that. Is this true? If it is how did he become one?
Ok that's all I want to know.

gambit88
i've never heard anything like that maybe in some alternate dimension or something but i never heard of it

Blind-Enemy
what?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
that couldnt be more farther from the truth

Blind-Enemy
you ALL should read the Origin mini-series, and learn about the true past of Wolverine
his REAL name
WHERE did he was born
who his FAMILY is
WHEN did his mutation manifested
is very interesting

rwendelin
I don't have access to those comics, but you could tell me what site i could go to get this information.

rwendelin
wait i'll see if i can post the front of the comic on here. then maybe you'll know what i am talking about.

MadKowDZs
The other day I was doing some thinking, and after reading several interesting threads in the X-Men forum, I thought about the characters and what kinda of changes would be interesting. Then while looking at ones of my knives, I thought about Wolverines claws, and what could be a potentially interesting change. Then I thought that I might make him look more pestilent if his claws had a serration on them. Now, for those of you that do not know what a serrated blade looks like, it is somehwhat of a teeth pattern, cut into the blade to give it a saw look. So, isn't that a scarier thought; or a bit overboard and rediculous? I ask you...

Nightmare
I think that they would be scarier but his smooth claws are better. I don't the think the weapon X guys would want to waste any of the rare adamatium cutting bits out.

rwendelin
Go to google.com and click on images and type in Wolverine and Jean and it is in the second row last picture.

gambit88
yea here it is that's a what if comic they make it like what if all the fantastic four all had the same power or somthing

GambitEVOFan1
Ouch that would be painful!

rwendelin
Oh. I see its like a what would happen if a this would happen thing. right? confused

gambit88
exactly but wolverine as a vampire would just be freaky then not even a silver bullet could kill a vampire

rwendelin
Yeah that is weird. I was thinking about that when I saw that pic. Blood-thristy Wolverine running through the X-Mansion and with the X-Men.

Blind-Enemy
OK, OK, OK, OK...
a what if story...
heyyyyy i liked that picture, and the punisher is in there Happy Dance

Blind-Enemy
here you go!
http://www.angelfire.com/comics/eva1/Wolverine/origin1.jpg http://www.angelfire.com/comics/eva1/Wolverine/origin2.jpg

Blind-Enemy
http://www.angelfire.com/comics/eva1/Wolverine/origin3.jpg http://www.angelfire.com/comics/eva1/Wolverine/origin4.jpg http://www.angelfire.com/comics/eva1/Wolverine/origin5.jpg

LipiDSama
Nah i like the clean claws also. Makes it looks like a more professional install. hehe Shink Happy Dance

Paola
yeah I like his claws as they are wink

Hegemon875
here is on of the pics I posted at x-men pics.
http://marvel.com/bios/xtras/bio_images/wolverine.jpg

Hegemon875
what about one sword length blade on each arm?

gambit88
the marvel encyclopedia says he is james howlett the metaint known as wolverine was born into privilege in alberta canada during the late 19th century the second son of john and elizabeth howlett. young mames' mother was distant and remote due to the untimely death of her fist son growing up the sickly james was close frinds with the red headed Rose his companion and tutor and "dog" the son of the howletts cruel groundskeeper thomas logan (obviously where he got his name)

Dogs growing obsession with Rose finally prompted him to attack her forcing James' father th fire thomas and evict him and dog from their hom the howlett estate the groundskeeper and his son stole into the mansion the next night and attempted too convince mrs howlett to leave with the.Apparently Thomas and Elizabeth Howlett had been engaged in an ongoing affair. when John howlett interrypted them Thomas shot and his mr howlett.At the shock of seeing his father murdered wolverine or james's manifested his latent mutant abilities and bone claws jutted from the back of the boys hands the best within the boy unleashed at last he attacked and killed thomas and slashed dogs face Completely unhinged from the violence mrs howlett took her own life Wolverine seffered a severe breakdown his mutant abilities "healed" his mind as well as his body blocking all memories of his last months at the howliett estate Because Rose and Wolverine were blamed for the deaths at the mansion she spierieted him away to British Columbia mining colony Rose gave James the name Logan so that his real identity would remain unknown

gambit88
The frail Logan grew up into a strapping young man at the mine and became knkown for his strength and ferocity he spent a great deal of time among the woves in the bearby wilderness discovering he more in common with the wild bests than his fellow man Bullied incessantly Logan acquired the nickname wolverine thanks to his tenacity and refusal to back downfrom a challenge well that's all i wanna type right now sorry about the grammer or anything else that's wrong

Paola
yeah that Thomas guy seems to be Wolvie's real dad

Blind-Enemy
yes he is, he also has an huge resemblance to the Wolverine look, you know with the hair and everything

Paola
yeah I've seen him blink

gambit88
seriously i didn't know that

gambit88
yea the teethed blades would be weird if they were serrated blades it would be alot harder to pull em out of peeps

LipiDSama
sword length, and where do u suppose he hides these, lol his arm is only so long.. but i know wha tu mean i like pictures of wolverine when his claws are the same legnth as his forearm, i had when they are short like from his pictures of him in the early 80's.

gambit88
one thing i've always loved about wolverine is that he's like a green beret or somthin he's all knowing about what to do in a fight

rwendelin
Ok I finally figure out how to do my own signature and i want a picture of wolverine. well i try a few and they don't work. i need one that is 500 pixels wide adn 200 pixels high. I would like movie wolverine but if you can't find any like that fine i'll take what ever you can find.

Hegemon875
You'll be hard pressed to find a pic with those dimensions. What you need to do is get some photo editing software. wink

rwendelin
ok i'll be right back. (panting hard)

maifoshis
this site has its own software when you submit it it resizes it for you

rwendelin
ok

Hegemon875
not for sigs it doesnt

Paola
yea only for avs

Kes
Topic wink

rwendelin
ok so how do we get the avatar to work?

Paola
go to profile, then "edit Options" and at the bottom you will find "Avatar", you click on "Change Avatar", go to the bottom, where it says "Custom Avatars", it says "yes", select it........ and then click the "use the avatar creator" link.....
use the Browse button to look for your av in your computer (My Docs folder maybe) select it and click on "Send File" button..... you will save the pic on your computer...... then (and this is what I do so it works at first attempt) you go where you saved it..... the file name is "avatarcreator.php"..... select it, change ".php" for ".jpg" without the "" obviously big grin.......and finally you go back to "Edit Options" and at the bottom where it says "Custom Avatars" select "Yes" (again if it wasn't selected) browse for your avatarcreator.jpg you've just renamed, press "submit modifications" and THAT'S IT!!

Or in case your av has the right size just go to "edit Options", select "yes", browse the av..... and "submit Modifications"

Good Luck big grin

BOPRecruit 16
http://www.treknews.de/treknews/gallery-treknews/gallery/Bildergallery/Presse-Bilder/X-Men_2/002.jpg

rwendelin
ok

shadowcat03
who here likes shadowcat

cajun
i do, shes pretty cool

Hegemon875
In AoA she and Colossus are a couple.

Kes
Topic ppl.

kohl

kohl
. . .

Wolfie
I'm not sure if someone's already posted this question or not so here it goes.

How can one kill Wolverine? His skeleton is indestructible and he heals instantly. Better yet, how can Wolverine die? His healing power includes some rejuvination so he can't age.

LipiDSama
hmmmm, I can think of a few ways, Nuclear Bomb lands on him, magneto rips his bones apart while leaving the antimantium in place, professor X rips his mind to shreds, and lets him rot . man theres alot of ways act. he heals, and has long life by he aint immortal, with enough of a bang up job he'd die, his healing factor would get overloaded and would stop working. I dont know think of a few more. Hes tough but not God. ANy who, who really wants to see him die anyhow. lol i like him wink

thorncrawler
also he can drown, i remember sabertooth started drowning him but he extended his claws into sabertooths b*ll*x to put him off

DezW
he has an incurable sickness - something with his blood cuz the adamantium I guess - but he cannot die cuz his healing factor. but when someone stole his ability, he almost died.
there was another story when a few people shot him and he almost died too because he couldn't use his ability so quick.

thorncrawler
it was the high evoulutionary that stole his power

DezW
I dunno cuz I read that only in hungarian with hungarian names big grin

DezW
but it was in Genosha

thorncrawler
well it was! if i ahd a scanner i would prove it

Vampiree
CUT HIS HEAD OFF! there's no way he could heal that! and uhm... BURN HIM!!!!!!!!! BURN!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!

thorncrawler
he's sevined being burnt, and having a rocket at his head

Vampiree
what! well that's not fair! but then we'll cut his head off...

DezW
It'd heal over... I mean his head and his body...

thorncrawler
i think in ultiamte X he's was reminded that big mike used to hack at him, that was suggesed that it was his head, plus how would you get through the adamantium

Vampiree
????? so now he can grow heads? he's a hydra or what?????

thorncrawler
no his gene's don't need to think, he probably would heal

DezW
noo, just his wound... heal over... except you play soccer with his head and kick it far away from his body! evil face

Vampiree
yes! that's it! seperate the head from the body!

Eidolon
Wolverine would die without his healing powers caues of adamantium blood poising.

Nightmare
What about if someone shot him with adamantium bullets? Would that penetrate his skeleton?

ab012f9448
Why does everyone want wolverine to die anyway? You can't hack off his head cause you wouldn't be able to cut through his adamantium spine.

Vampiree
damn.. ab's right... so how are we goin to kill him?

DezW
in the Ultimate Sabertooth said something about he would kill him frozin his brain.

Paola
eek! "To kill a Wolverine"... laughing

Vampiree
big grin it sounds like we wanted to kill the animal big grin i mean the mammal big grin hehehehehe kill a wolverine

Kes
There's no way he'd live without a head.
But how do you cut his head of if his skeleton is indestructible?
I think if you make enough damage, lets say burn his flesh off and such, he would die. Or just have Rogue suck the life out of him lol

Vampiree
lol, i prefer burning big grin hehehee big grin if i can't cut the head off...

DezW
and he cannot live without heart or liver... if somebody enough fast to take them out of his body before he could heal...

Kes
Well the admantium ribs would make it difficult to remove the heart.

DezW
It is true, but if someone take his heart out from below? from his belly?

Mirage
Why do we all want Wolv dead all of a sudden? I don't want him to die!
*Cries*

Vampiree
hehehehehehe but we want! *evil grin*

Nightmare
HELLO?! What would happen if he was shot with adamantium bullets? Would the break his bones? Mirage, you have to get a life, Wolverine is a fictional character, and plus we are talking about how one would kill him if he was real or how one would kill him in fiction! God, you need a life!

ab012f9448
I don't think adamantium bullets are really that availiable if you know what i mean but i don't think they would work that well. They could make a dent in his adamantium skeleton but not puncture it.

Vampiree
*sigh* BURN. HIM. but i think the 'magneto-squashing-him' idea is not that bad either big grin

DezW
Yesss! We are soo bloodthirsty! Blood!!!!! devil

Maelstrom
could eat him. I hear alligators swallow rocks to help in digestion. those adamantium bones would help the poor lizards crush all their food.

Vampiree
hehehehehe!!!! big grin laughing wolvie eaten by crocodiles big grin

Linkalicious
You could cut his head off if you were precise with the cut. Just cut inbetween the vertabrae in the neck. And i don't think adamantium bullets would kill wolvie because the material the bullet is made of is only 1/2 the problem. The other problem is finding a gun that could shoot a bullet out of it's chamber fast enough to cause signifigant damage. I always wondered why it took like 300 xmen comics for magneto to come to the realization that he could just rip the adamantium outta wolvies body. And i agree with whoever said rip his heart out by entering through the abdomen, not only do i think it would work, but it would be the best killing ever (sorry william wallace)

DezW
hehe he has no chance against the gastric acid! evil face

Kes
laughing

Vampiree
oh my god dezzie.... laughing you little sadist...

ab012f9448
Why not shackel him inside a box, weld it together tight and throw it in the pacific ocean. He would die from lack of oxygen and the pressure.

Vampiree
hahahahahahahaha!!!!!! laughing why not tie him, cover in vanilla sauce and throw in the middle of the jungle for the animals to eat him, huh?

ab012f9448
There are loads of simple, not so easy ways like ours of killing wolvie Vampiree

Vampiree
hehehehe big grin shoot him into space without a space ship! laughing

Kes
Why not cover him in chocolate syrup then oh wait its ways to kill him...my badwhistle

ab012f9448
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Why not chuck him in a volcano?

Vampiree
OMG kes...didn't knew you from this side.... HELLO MATE!!!!! shesh, i'm starting to love this girl! HEHEHEHEHEHE why not.... tie him to the ground in the zoo and make an elephant sit on him? or...uhm...make him listen to britney spears and wear a pink dress or sth... he would have a heart attack haha.ha. (ok i'll shut up now big grin)

Vampiree
a volcano sounds good to me ab big grin

DezW
hehe Kes you rule big grin

ab012f9448
You only just figured that out Dez?

Vampiree
big grin

ab012f9448
Hey, you got a thanks from Kes for finding the old threads!

Kes
*Best Elvis impersonation* Thank you...thank you very much big grin

ab012f9448
laughing out loud

Vampiree
whoo hoo big grin big grin omg i just want to laugh laughing

DezW
laughing

Kes
Ok enough laughing ppl big grin topic wink

Baradok
i find it funny everyone wants Wolverine to die when no one remembers that he has died before, and people talk about the Adamantium being a problem when Magneto has yes once before removed the adamantium from casing his bones, also i would say if you cut off his balls no man can survive the pain from that he would go into shock weather he could heal or not also have shadowcat i believe the chick who can walk through walls(my bad if my X-men is off a bit i just pulled my someodd 100 comics out of my closet lol but she could reacher her hand in him and crush his heart thats only using creativity

SK88728
Killing him would be kinda easy if you think about it. IF (key word) one of his bones broke it would heal in a incorrect place causing more and more problems and breakage. Or you could blow him up, you know, bomb in his stomic or something like that.

juggernaut26
i havn't read all the posts here but i think you can only drowned him

Jedi Shmedi
Wolverine actually can age.

I've just got the first issue of Wolverine: The End, and Wolverine has grey hair and has a line where he says." Your getting OLD Logan".....

juggernaut26
he can age it's just that it takes him awhile i mean think about how long it took him to get that old.

Baradok
yet again ill stress he has been to the end. several people are going to the extreme of throwing him in a volcano which i would find quite amusing since in my oppinion killing him the way Magneto did would be a helluva lot easier, but Magneto pulled the Adamantium from his body.

The way he killed Lady Deathstrike in the movie was definitly realistic, i do believe they led her on to be a mutant in the 2nd movie though she was really a Cyborg... eat that wolvie

Bishop777
You are correct, Deathstrike was a cyborg and also one of Wolvie's dear friends for a while.
I think a lot of people just need to look at some of the comic books and see that Logan can die and almost has in many situations. First, you should have no problem decapitating him because spines aren't solid bone. If they were, he wouldn't be able to move. Second, an adamantium bullet wouldn't do anything; he was shot in the head with one in Ultimate X-Men about two issues back. All you have to do is hit him with some severe major organ damage where his immune system couldn't repair everything at once (shoot him through the eyes and heart and other such organs). But this is fiction, and Wolverine is too important for editorial at Marvel to ever let him die.

BarmyBrummie
HELLO??? Wolverine was not KILLED by magneto!! Decapitating him will only work if you have a huge, long very very Very thin sword and a pretty damn good aim cus the gaps in the spine a re like 3-5mm apart and you'd also have to have a good aim to shoot or stab his heart cus you'd have to get it through the gaps in the ribcage.

LameBoy
well as for adamantium bulets it's been already said that he was shot in the face - point blank and lived through, Wolverine did die though in issue #177(or maybe earlier but just about there) when his healing factor was taken away by the Wapon-X project people who shot the "leech cannon" at him to drain his powers and set up a fight with Sabretooth - Wolvie cut Sabretooth's head off but inflicted a terrible gut blow(and also hundreds of bleeding cuts) that he bled himself to death and was officially examined as deceased - but somehow when he was lying in the plastic bag, despite his powers being taken away his healing factor kicked in and healed him, but that was about the longest time that someone was deceased - it took a few hours i quess before he "woke up"

another thing is that he's suffering from adamantium poisoning - and that he doesn't heal instantly, when he's shot through lungs he needs 2 or so minutes to be able to fight again, same goes for the heart - if he gets hit he heals it over - so going further - adamantium slows his healing factor because great part of it is busy fighting off the metal poisoning of his organism. There was a wolverine issue after the adamantium was taken away when Proffesor Xavier took out a test, let Logan go around loose with electronic signallers of his body ect. to test how he acts in the "wilderness", and Wolvie was hit bu a car and run over - there were some injuries mentioned such as broken ribs, punctured lungs and more but they healed at the full rate of the healing factor, it was that the car took him under the wheels and in a second or two he was perfectly okay, they said that they are "witnessing the true rate of Wolverine's healing factor" big grin

so i guess that killing him would be the problem - even without the adamantium big grin

another thing that bothers me - in origin series Logan - James Howlett had a brother - John Howlett jr. who died when he was twelve in mysterious circumstances - and their mother had claw marks on her side - if he was killed and already had the "Gift" - could he have lived???

Bishop777
His brother could have lived, but I don't think that was the point. I think that the groundskeeper Logan was actually James' father. That explains why he wanted her to run away with him because Mrs. Howlett and Logan were having an affair.
I am assuming Howlett Jr. died because he was the product of weak genetics (Mr. and Mrs. Howlett) while Wolverine lived due to Logan's genes, so they were only half brothers. As far as the car running him over, that is attributed to bad writing; people in charge make him invincible, so he will be.
Responding to the decapitation comment; this is a fantasy world where telekinetics such as Cable and Jean Grey can easily rip through a person's spine. Wolverine can die, it is just that people realize that there is not a lot of money to be made in killing him off in regular continuity. X-Men: OMEGA, Wolverine dies when Jean cannot withstand holding off an enormous amount of nuclear weapons.

Elektra_lover
ROUGE!!!

Vampiree
ah! at last a short post i can read and won't get bored!!! Happy Dance
don't you think he would recover after rogue touching him?

Eidolon
I don't know if you could drown Wolvie to kill him. I know it was a question put forth by Sabertooth in one comic, but he was never able to follow through. However you would think Wolvie's brain and body would just shut down untill we was pulled out of the water and his healing factor could regenerate the dead brain cells like it regenerates the rest of his bodies cells.

Vampiree
who said we were going to get him out of the water? big grin

jpafspec
all you guy have really got to get a ****ing life!!!

jpafspec
especially that vampire dude!

Vampiree
you mean that vampire chick, i suppose...
and what do you mean we gotta get a life, eh? is it forbidden to have some fun?

BarmyBrummie
Hey jpafspec, i can see that you're new here and so heres a bit of advice: Don't go mouthing off about how people should get a life just for chattin about something they like and expressing their views. It's called having FUN and discussing interests so whatever you're interested in why don't you go and talk about it in that forum and not in this one O.K?
Oh and leave Vampiree alone and everyone else!

Vampiree
abby: *kiss*

BarmyBrummie
No probs, it's just that when people provoke me i get pi$$ed and i have to do something about it like today at school, my friends little sister was being bullied and i got soooo wound up so i went over to this kid and booted him one right in the balls. I'm gonna pay for that tomorrow but what can i say? I was provoked.

Vampiree
i want to provoke you everyday then happy

BarmyBrummie
You don't wanna see me when i'm mad. The hulk looks like a wimp when i get pi$$ed off. laughing

Vampiree
hehehehe big grin you mean you get all muscled and fat and green? big grin hehehehehe i would totally want to see it then big grin teeheeheehee... now back to topic

BarmyBrummie
Speakin of the hulk, d'ya think he could be used to kill wolverine?

Vampiree
how? sit on him? big grin

BarmyBrummie
That could work laughing out loud

Vampiree
laughing

Bishop777
Last time they fought, Wolverine almost killed him. It was the last test for Wolverine to become Apocalypse's horseman Death. He was masked and only used a sword against the Hulk. He hesitated in going for the deathblow, and he got put down.

Vampiree
oh... so no hulk... okay so then... uhm... how about batman? ... no... he would kill him in seconds...

superman? he's kinda uhm... oh-you-can't-wound-me too big grin

Lord Ryugen
I can think of three surefire ways to kill him

1. throw him into a complete vacuum without any heat or pressure he should bite it.

2. drown him even Wolverine has to breath in order to live

3. Take out the brain either by psychic power or sticking a hook trough his eye and removing it. He can't grow a new brain for gods sake

Vampiree
big grin i suggest through the nose big grin it's lotta easier than through the eye big grin well... maybe not, but it's sure more fun big grin

Keysersoze
siple really if you wanted to kill wolverine you would use rouge to suck his powers away and then get magneto to bend his body structure crushing his vitial organs therfore killing Logan.

BarmyBrummie
This is sick, pulling his brain out through his nose????? It's not bloody mummification!!!!!

Vampiree
big grin don't you like my ideas abby? big grin heheheh...

BarmyBrummie
If they were done to cyclops then yes but to my poor wolvie? No way in hell!!!

Vampiree
oh well... hmm... you want to die with him? we can arrange that big grin

BarmyBrummie
AAAHHHHH The vampires gonna kill me!!!! *Runs around in circles screaming and smacks into a wall*
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/wallbash.gif

Vampiree
hahahah... now that you're unconscious i'm gonna sacrifice you to satan! *pics up a silver dagger* OH OUR ALMIGHTY LORD! WE NOW BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH..... YADDAYADDAYADDA.... FALALALALALA (and so on for the next two hours while abby wakes up) BLESS US! *the dagger goes UP!*

... to be continued

BarmyBrummie
AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH
!
Pick one:http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/chair.gif http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/death.gif http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/giljotiini.gif http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/hang.gif http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/vampire.gif http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/blowup.gif

Vampiree
i pick two:
the second: that's you
and the fifth: that's me big grin

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>