Did the Architect Lie? (Spoilers)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Unknown
Didn't the Architect tell Neo that if the Matrix wasn't restarted, everyone inside would die because it would have a cataclysmic failure? Or did what the machines do to Neo cause the system to restart? The craters disappeared, so did that mean that the system was restarted, or was the Matrix just repairing the street?

xemir
Did you see the black cat? It was the machines reparing the building so sense they changed the code the de ja vu cat happend again like in the first 1 in the abandoned house.

The Unknown
Oh, forgot about that, so the architect did lie, or the W Bros messed up.

Evil Dead
The architect did lie.........I'm not sure if he was lying about what you are speaking of in your post but he did lie in their meeting. He told Neo that his purpose was to enter the source and re-insert his code into the prime program of the Matrix.....that his path ended there.

Obviously this is not true because the Oracle cannot see past the path of the one. She only knows the path up untill the end because that is all that pertains to her purpose, to guide the one on his path. In Revolutions The Oracle can still see into "the future"......which means the path of the one did not end in the source. Neo was never supposed to pick the door that led to the source.

Neo was still on the path of the one. And it ended just as prophecised........the one touched the source and brought an end to the war......

In Revolutions the Oracle told us basically that the Architect lied to Neo to try to coax him into entering the source so he could eliminate the anomoly he has tried so desperately to prevent.

Who knows what else the Architect lied about.

The Omega

priestjim
And, in contrary to what everyone expected, the humans weren't supposed to win the war, but live in peace with the machines.

The Omega
Priestjim> I don't know who thought mankind should win. Reloaded kept bringing up the topic of peace-full corporation. The One was supposed to end the war...

priestjim
Well yes Neo ended the war! But many of my friends expected the humans to win, like destroy completely the machines, which is impossible (did you see the size of 01? WHOA!).

audioheem
Yeah the Architect didn't lie but you all seem to be taking a different meaning from what happened to the Matrix. I thought it was reloaded but without anyone inside apart from the programs. The cat, I thought, symbolised the regeneration, not the deja vu, because there was only one... and not in the same appearance/area as when Neo saw it in M1.

priestjim
Actually, where did all the city people go in the Superbrawl?

DisrupTer911
priestjim
All the people in the Matrix were morphed into Smiths...hense how he became so powerful because he had the strength and power of every plugged in human alive...but during the fix of the Matrix...I'm thinking that all the people were un-morphed ... but... if thats the case ... then this is the 7th version correct? b/c when Smith exploded...so did his copies meaning the people died...unless everyone gets reinserted except for the ones that want to get free. My question is, how will the architect, the oracle, or that little girl(the new Merovingian? or the new architect?) know which people want to get free to unplug them?

priestjim
Well yeah but where did everybody go when the Matrix was reset? We only see Sati sleeping in the street! Everybody else demorphed and acted like nothing had happened?

xeous
No, the oricle knew that the matrix had reloaded because she said, as the architect was walking towards her, "Suprise suprise." In a sarcastic tone.

I actually expected to see Neo going to work or something-As Thomas Anderson but I guess that there will be a few more years before that happens.

miggfl
it is possible that the humans were either flushed or something happened to them. because after the matrix reloads, and the code changes, we only see programs at first.

I mean, only see people who are programs.
Oracle, sati, seraph and architect. and they are all programs.

priestjim
And does the matrix remembers where people were before they were taken over by smith? Because if they return in an irrelevant place then they will realize that something is wrong. Unless the machines wipe their memory.

snafupen
think of how much work though went into just unplugging neo. im pretty sure when the matrix fixed itself all the people were just sent back tot ehir beds or something. theres no way that the machines would unplug millions of people at the same time. people would die or be confused or not be able to move their muscles.

The Unknown
The same way that was done in the previous movies. The people of Zion track down the people and give them a choice.

The Omega

Verity
Omega's right...the Oracle did specify that the architect has a limited vision! He was just telling Neo what his mathematical self could only know...beyond that, he's incapable of understanding how humans proceed! That's why he needed the Oracle in the first place!

The Omega
And why the Oracle was allowed to say
"Pleeassee" in the exact same manner the Architect did in Reloaded smile

Korri
Cournel Sanders is bad man!!

The Unknown
I wouldn't be surprised if KFC sued Warner Bros. for the Architect's look.

brandonbeyond
lol that would be great.. on the ten oclock news.. Warner Brothers sued by FKC for popular Architect look... Naw but okay one question. Was neo dead at the end? i mean they show him getting carted away and stuff... he didn't look to be moving so whats the deal? where were they taking his body? Do you think they will hint at the ending in Matrix Online?

xeous
Yes.Yes.Yes.Yes.

eatingimpaired
And for this month only...ANOTHER YES!

JediHDM
NO NO NO NO...Neo's body, yes, it appears to be dead, (although it glows...), but his mind is very much alive in the Matrix, APART of the matrix.

xeous
How can you be absolutly sure that his mind is really in the matrix? How do you know that he really isn't dead, that's all folks, goodnight?

SimplePriest
I think the matrix was reloaded. The one has returned to the source (right? I mean he did "die" didn't he) The people's memories are erased. And now the 7th cycle (7!!... significant) of the matrix will begin. This is where Matrix online will pick up I guess.

xeous
I agree with your theory more than any other SP. Probably because that was my inital thought. Programs memories aren't erased though...

JediHDM
Simple> the one has to return to the Source of his own volition, if not, then the anomaly will be forced back on all the humans and bad things happen...Neo went to deus ex machina, not the source. the matrix was not reloaded, otherwise the Architect would have been happy, but he wasn't...

xeous> i am basing it off two things (that i can rememebr right now) 1) is what the Oracle told Sati, that she is sure they will meet again, not just the Anomaly, but NEO. and 2) is that, Neo's body is not moving, but it IS glowing, and the glowing body looks JUST like the glowing sun in the beautiful sunrise...also, Neo is not there when the Smiths blow up, but everyone else is. What i think is that, Neo's body is still alive, and he is jacked in like he was while in coma, but this time he has no body in the matrix, he has ascended above needing a body (like Jesus). This would explain the glowing body, and the oracles statement...im not TOTALLY sure that this is true, but i believe it to be so.

SimplePriest
I'm definitely gonna have to see this again wink darn

EyeMakeMovies
ok to answer the original question, i'll use an analogy (matrix style) for anyone who knows html, obviously you can change the code without losing all your file references, as long as you dont change the links to the file references... how hard is it to belive the matrix can be basically totoally rewritten without everyone dying... the architect was basically just a prgram trying to get neo to mess everything up... he told him whatever he wanted to to get him to fail. (sorry if that last sentenc doesnt make sense)

The Omega

Korri
i want him back sad

the train, man?
Why would the Architect give Neo an opportunity to let the Matrix be destroyed if it was their power source? confused

burlyman
you obviously havent heard my theory smile ...gnite y'all...

the train, man?
Wait, what's your theory? Please... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mordecai
My theory is that he has no theory.

My theory is that people make their own theories up to kind of force themselves into accepting something, if something doesn't seem right, there is always a theory to make it seem right, even if in fact it was wrong all along.

My theory is i am full of ass blankets and have no idea, i'm just babbling as all good ass blankets do.

My theory is the point of this post is to point out that burly man has left you wondering which was the point of his post and indeed has no theory.

But he most likely does.

Sorry to have wasted your time.

shifty

the train, man?
Thanks for your post Mordecai, it cleared up a lot of things wink

Did they want Neo to choose the door to save Trinity and let the Matrix be destroyed? If this is the reason what was their purpose for doing so?

There has to be a reason for them to give that choice to Neo, but as to what it could be I just don't know.. wacko

The One Part 2
Neo's not dead; he's just "more machine than man now."

JediHDM
Oracle wanted neo to save humanity, Architect wanted neo to continue the loop.

The Unknown
Neo had to willingly give up his anomaly code. They couldn't force it out of him. They had to give him choice.

the train, man?
So because they must give him choice, the machines are going to give Neo the opportunity to let the Matrix be destroyed? What the f**k?

This seems kind of crazy to me.

The Unknown
The machines could survive w/o the Matrix.

Vim
Yeah the architect pointed that out bluntly, but because of Smith, the machines needed the humans, Smith probably would have eventually destroyed the entire machine race, and then finished the humans off! Then he would have found a way into outer space, and then spread himself across the entrie universe killing and assimilating every living organism until Smith finally became THE universe!!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!! blink.... achem.... sorry 'bout that. I get a bit carried away sometimes... Anyway, again I haven't seen revolutions, but i know so much that I probably won't enjoy the movie anyway, but it doesn't matter, because i have fallen into a great depression, because i haven't seen it...... sad

Verity
He just never expected Neo to make the choices he did...

Seraph77
The architect didn't say if the matrix was reloaded it would crash, he said if neo didn't redisperse his code to teh source it would crash. The matrix has never been "reloaded" after the final version. Big misconception

The Unknown
No, he did say the Matrix would crash, causing everyone inside to die.

goglianu07
the architect did not lie, he said what he was supposed to say. he will always be pro-machine world and that is because he is a program, as stated in the end of the 3rd film. the prophesy has also been fulfilled. in the 2nd film we believe that it is not, because neo is confused by the information the architect told him. Everything was true and the prophesy was fulfilled in the third movie- not the second- just as the oracle had told morpheus. the one oges to the source and the war is over instantly. you guys were right on!

The Unknown
No, the anomaly does not go to the source...

burlyman
no expression

Boris_yo
What I want to know is why architect told Neo that if he makes wrong choice, the Matrix will crash as a result of cataclysmic failure. What kind of failure is he talking about? Smith? It can't be because Smith is unexpected half of Neo's anomaly that wasn't predicted to occur by machines in this iteration of Matrix. All previous iterations architect told the same to the previous ones and there were no Smiths.

Why architect told about cataclysmic system failure? Why would he give choice to Neo and risk Matrix being crashed? Because he calculated the possibility of low chance that Neo would make wrong choice?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.