Qui-Gonn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LaurenE147
Does anybody know who trained Qui-Gonn?

Ushgarak
Well, there's nothing canonical about it, though I believe the EU has had something to say.

finti
We may learn about it in EPII, I would go for Yoda.

yerssot
No, I read it somewhere; try sw.com database; the thing I know is that QGJ trained someone of the Jedicouncil

King Jedi
There are rumors that you'll find this out in AOTC.

yerssot
It's not in the database, and I'm sure that I read it somewhere.

ToMacco
I trained Qui-Gon

Ratcat
The thinking is that in AOTC we will discover that Dooku and QGJ worked closly together, now whether that was as Padawan and Master I don't know.

yerssot
QGJ met him on training and stuff; but Dooku isn't his master, I guess.
Should this be on the EpII section?

Ushgarak
On the basic idea that it is a thread about Qui-Gon, no.

Ratcat
Else I would have moved it earlier.....!

When you're a mod yerssot, THEN you can make that determination.

Anyway, As to the relationship between QGJ abd Dooku, it is all supposition right now as far as movies go.

We don't even know if QGJ will be seen in a small Episode-II appearance, despite some indications that we may.

ToMacco
To me, it's better now knowing where Qui-Gon came from. It makes it much more mysterious. We don't know anything about the guy, just that he was well respected by the Council, master of the legendary Obi-wan, and he was a rebel.

We don't know how he got there, but we saw him die at the hand of Maul. So he was the first Jedi killed in the entire thing; which doesn't end until the student he found to save everyone dies.

yerssot
I guess that Dooku wants to intimidate OBI by saying that thing

Texas
Who trained Yoda?

sand person no. 10
perhaps dooku training qgj will be the expected plot twist from aotc, perhaps he uses this to defeat ob1 and anakin, i.e. "i know who trained you and so i know how to defeat you" sort of thing. obviously by me saying this it is no longer a plot twist, damn it!

Ushgarak
Somehow, I don't see Dooku being dumb enough to make such a transparent threat.

yerssot
It won't be a that big threat (guess what now I wrote it right!)
because everyone has different styles and accents on the training, so you can teach someone but he won't be a perfect replica of you so Dooku can't know what the weakness of OB1 is

LaurenE147
The Dooku thing sounds good to me. I've been questioning QGJ's loyalty to the Coucil, but I could be waaaaay off. It would make a good plot twist.

yerssot
What about that?

LaurenE147
I've heard some rumors about QGJ being evil, and I thought it was interesting. There's no base behind it at all though.

yerssot
So there are a lot of people who think that QGJ will have a strange rol...

ToMacco
Texas, Frank Oz trained Yoda. wink

Ratcat
This is turning into an AOTC thread, if it is going that way we can move it into the correct forum.

Ushgarak
Yup, I agree, if we want to discuss the 'Dooku training Qui-Gon" possibility it should be done in the Ep. II+III area.

Ratcat
Moving: Topic discussion QGJ in AOTC

yerssot
I think that there isn't a big chance for this, maybe Dooku says this but it's a lie or something like that

Ushgarak
I can't see him bothering to lie about something like that. If it is truel then it will be mentioned, of course (which is to say it only becomes true if it IS mentioned! Silly me...).

Where dod these rumours come from?

yerssot
He can lie to trigger Obi towards the dark side

Ushgarak
Hardly a sophisticated ploy, really, Obi-Wan would not be fool enough to fall for it nor, I suspect, Dooku fool enough to make it.

I suspect any plan of Dooku to lure anyone to the Dark Side would be very sophisticated indeed.

Ratcat
Ush, the basis for all this is a Spy Report that says that part of the Jedi Library sequence will have Jocasta Nu showing Obi-Wan Kenobi an archive film of Qui-Gon Jinn and Dooku battling side by side.

There is rumours that Liam Neeson filmed the single scene at Ealing Studios this past March.

yerssot
I wasn't notified of this! Who said that? What is his operating number?

Ratcat
Hehe, I have my sources.

There's more to this than a 3 month old scriptment ya know!!!!

yerssot
Still, I have my doubts, Yoda saying that is enough, no need for a videosequence

Ushgarak
Hey! I LIKE that rumour! queeq was using the Laim Neeson rumour as evidence that he was making a ghost return! And there was me saying it could be a recording! I mean, I thought a message left for Obi-Wan but that is just as good!"

Please be true! Please please please please...

Hang on, didn't Liam say that he wasn't in the movie?

ToMacco
Hey- what's this SCRIPTMENT thing you guys are always talking about?

yerssot
nothing big grin big grin big grin

Ushgarak
It was eventually removed from TFN by the orders of Lucasfilm, presumably because it was getting too close.

If you want it now you need to find someone who has it, though as time goes by it is getting increasingly out of date.

yerssot
not if you've updated it yourself

King Jedi
There were rumors a while ago that there was a video/hologram scene of Darth Bane in a huge Sith v Jedi battle, showing the origins of the Sith. It was on either Sir Steves Guide or T'Bone.

ToMacco
What?

King Jedi
What do you mean, what? confused

queeq
Now, I didn't make the report out to be "EVIDENCE", Ush. All I said was that IF this was correct, you're theory about the ghosts was probably out of the window...

sand person no. 10
now that would be cool, you can only hope though although it does seem a bit far fetched.

queeq
Quite far fetched.

yerssot
More reason that it will be true

Ushgarak
Yah, queeq, but you may as well say that if Ep. II has a big sign in the background saying 'Anakin didn't disappear in ROTJ' it would cock up my theory as well. I thought you were talking about something reasonable, not pure speculation.

queeq
ALL of this is speculation, Ush. Even your theory.

yerssot
But if you can back it up...

queeq
No one can yet, indefinately. Two more to go.

yerssot
two?
oh! getting back on topic!
Is he in EpII??

queeq
Who knows. I just read in Insider that he may even have additional shoots this spring.....

Ushgarak
Mine isn't PURE speculation, queeq. It's based on something. Do you actually have any good reason to think Liam will be back as a ghost? If you don't then there wasn't much point in saying it.

jedi212guy
Calm down you two. wink

King Jedi
I think he'll be back at some point now.

Ushgarak
Well, I love the guy, so I hope he is.

Jedi212, don't worry. queeq and myself are amigos.

King Jedi
Which one is Dusty Bottoms?

LaurenE147
Although I would like to see Qui-Gonn Jinn come back, I think that GL wont go in that direction for fear of repeating the OT.

Dim
I dunno..I think they would repeat OT but Neeson hasn't mentioned anything about appearing in then next two films.

queeq
But he hasn't excluded the possibility either.

Check out TFN: more reshoots scheduled!

yerssot
so it's the basic 'no-comment' situation again sad

queeq
No. THis is where we wait expectantly to see QGJ appear on the silver screen again. big grin

Ratcat
I think he's in a holo recording only, and the scene has already been filmed.

I don't think they will make a big "Oh Look, there's Qui Gon Jinn" fuss about it. He'll juts be there and then he won't. A very short sequence.

queeq
A holo sequence? After 10 years? How believable is that?

Ratcat
Huh? A holographic image of Dooku and QGJ together. Highly believable.

It fits in neatly with the Spy Report that QGJ and Dooku served together in the Jedi Order.

Ushgarak
I did always say a recording was a good bet, queeq. I said the same about the rumours of Shmi being in ep. III.

queeq
But that's no fun for our debates... hehehehehehe.

Ratcat
You just wanna squabble??? evil face

queeq
Of course. You didn't think I came here to be enlightened, did you? evil face

King Jedi
Well if you did then you better look somewhere else. evil face

queeq
As I said: I don't. big grin

ToMacco
Ha ha

I don't think anyone has come here to be enlightened. We're all stubbern pricks!! evil face

queeq
No, that's just you. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.