Favourite music

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sand person no. 10
i always listen to music when i'm on the forums, what do other people listen to, i can't beat a bit of blink 182 myself.

Ratcat
About time we had another one of these.

Right now I'm listening to a compilation of singles that I stuck together on minidisc;Usher
Wyclef Jean
Samantha Mumba
Jamiroquai
Basement Jaxx
Five
Nellie Furtado
Jennifer Lopez
Blue
Uncle Kracker
Plus a few others

queeq
Mainly, movie soundtracks.

King Jedi
Bands like Oasis, Stone Roses, The Verve, The Clash and others.

finti
I listen to a variety of 60, 70 and earliy 80`s music.
Favourite band is Deep Purple but I also like:

The clash
Led Zeppelin
Kate Bush
The Police
Jeff Buckley
Neil Young

mah

Texas
I love this topic!!!!!! where shall I begin!

1. Smashing Pumpkins
2. Bjork
3. Nirvana
4. Garbage
5. Marilyn Manson
6. Greenday
7. Everclear
8. Enigma
9.Third Eye Blind
10. Linkin Park

and anything else that sounds good, has at least 2 electric guitars, bass and a kick ass drummer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I'm surfing the forums, I mostly listen to Bjork and The Smashing Pumpkins, they are the only ones that make replying to you people manageable roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue evil face wink

King Jedi
laughing out loud

I forgot Radiohead, The Jam, The Charlatans.

finti
originally posted by Texas.

You should really try The Clash and their London Calling album it isGreat

King Jedi
Or buy "The History of the Clash". That's even better.

finti
I like all of the tracks on London Calling and all are not represented on the story, ergo I like London Calling a lot better.
Dont get me wrong I like most Clash stuff, but London Calling is very special album.

LaurenE147
I like a wide variety of music.
1. Dave Matthews Band
2. Matchbox 20
3. Faith Hill
4. Lifehouse
5. Nat King Cole
6. Aerosmith
7. Bon Jovi
8. Aretha Franklin
9. Nirvana
10. Lynard Skynard
11. Queen

and the list goes on

Texas
Dave Matthews- now that's one band that knows how to put on a concert

mechmoggy
I ask, no demand, that anyone who doesn't own the "Complete Stone Roses" album should run directly out and buy it. Class. That and anything by Paul Weller. Again class. cool

King Jedi
That's my favourite album. big grin

Ratcat
I own non of the above, but on the basis that if I did they would end up being coasters, I doubt there will be any running today.

Guess it's just a matter of different tastes...

sand person no. 10
i've got the best of the stone roses although i prefer oasis and all of the other indie bands who sprung up in the mid 90's, the stone roses were a bit before i got into music, but because of the decline in british music i've had to move across the pond and listen to american bands such as blink 182, sum 41 and other punk like bands, in the decline of british music i also include coldplay and travis, the supposed saviours of british music, its just depressing drivel to me, travis can apparently only sing songs where they repeat the same words over and over again and coldplay are just plain depressing. i'm fed up of listening to bands and artists who just rely on computers and clever producers to manufacture a soubd for them, although i obviously appreciate trend setters such as britney spears, a cultural revolution if ever there was one big grin

ROCK ON!!!

King Jedi
I completley agree.
British guitar music has gone down hill since about 1997.
The Charlatans, Ian Brown and Oasis are the only ones still making great albums.

Ratcat
in YOUR opinion of course...

King Jedi
It's the opinion of most people my age. It's only now I know how lucky I was to grow up in the 90's with so many great bands, because now there is hardly anything.

finti
Great bands of the 90`s???????????hmm well I have the same feelings for the 90`s bands you (King Jedi) have for the decline in british guitar music.

mah
i forgot one:

Super Furry Animals
they are just the best!

Texas
Ummm, the 90's were awesome when it came to music, OK!!! That's when alternative bands roamed the planet and those cheesy 80's band were history! In the 90's we had: The Smashing Pumpkins, Nirvana, Greenday, Garbage! Need I say more? smokin'

King Jedi
Oasis, The Verve, Manic Street Preachers, Black Crowes, Stone Roses, Primal Scream, Radiohead, Pulp, The Charlatans, Prodigy the list goes on and on.

Texas
Finally!!!! someone with some refined musical tastes! Some people on this board are just stuck in the 80's!! *looks at Finti* stick out tongue wink *sends Finti Marilyn Manson CD* hmmm, I wonder how many stamps it takes to get to Norway? big grin

Dim
Does anyone else like Tom Waits????

Texas
Who????????????

finti
The custom can smell the crap the Marilyn Manson is through it all, doesnt matter how many stamps, it will end in the ....GARBAGE.
All the bands King Jedi and Texas mentioned used some of those cheesy bands of the 80`s as role models. And my musical taste, Tex, is very much more in the 70`s rather than the 80`s. cool

Texas
*Pictures Finti in tight bellbottoms*...............*tries to get horrible image out of head*

finti
nah you like that image, by the way musical prefrences might differ from what I wear big grin

Texas
Black is my favorite color. I always wear black! When I get my own place, it will be all black, with some oak and metallic highlights! cool

finti
I thought black was not considered a color neither is white.
Al the colors in the spectra makes up white, at least according to Isaac Newton. And the spectra is ROYGBIV(Red, Orange,Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet.)
Goota get you a Goth home there Tex?

King Jedi
But what did Isaac Newton know? smokin'

yerssot
thanx, now I feel special

King Jedi
Is tha toyur name? evil face

Texas
Black is a color mad

Edna Witch
No I beg to differ! Black is not a colour. Infact by definition, black is the absence of any clour and white is the presence of all three primary colours (of light).

Texas
Black is a color, nan a nan a nan a!stick out tongue

Oh, so when I go shopping for a black sweater, I'll inform the sales girl to give me a large absence of any color sweater roll eyes (sarcastic)

Edna Witch
Yes why don't you do that!

Texas
HMPH roll eyes (sarcastic)

finti
Learn something today Tex? big grin

Texas
Yes, when I go shopping for those cuddly, viking horn hats, I'm going to get one in black stick out tongue evil face big grin wink

Ushgarak
Of course, when it comes to clothing the light spectrum hs nothing to do with it...

finti
Well beside the viking helmets, hats are for hicks from Dallas, horns are what you hicks put on the hood of your cars.

Texas
laughing out loud It's every Texan's duty to have atleast one high quality cowboy hat smokin' I know who I'm running over with my cattle horn car evil face

LaurenE147
Actually white is the absence of color and the combination of all three primary colors of light. Black is the absence of light and the combination of all three primary colors of color.

JediOasis
Without a doubt the best band out there is Oasis. New album comes out early next year big grin Some other good one's are:

Flickerstick
The Verve and Ashcroft's solo work
U2
The Beatles(of course)
Hurricane #1
Travis
Third Eye Blind
Fuel
Stereophonics
Morning Maker

finti
Well that is your opinion, I for one think Oasis is overrated and boring but thats, maybe just me.

mechmoggy
If all the Oasis albums would have been of the same calibre as the first they'd still be huuuage. The last one was under-rated though.

Did KJ mention Ian Brown? He da man, and his new track...

"...you've got the fear..... F - E - A - R, F - E - A - R..."

A monkey-like chap with musical genius. big grin

JediOasis
How can a band be overrated when the critics do nothing but rip them? Oh well, with the next album and Andy, Gem and Liam writing it will hopefully get the recognition it diserves.

Texas
Finti doesn't like anything that came out after the 70's roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

finti
The fans make them overrated, I never listen to critics when it comes to music or movies.

Texas
I only listen to a couple of critics whose tastes closely resemble my own. P.S. Ebert is an idiot mad

King Jedi
I never listen to any critic either. They are pointless.

Oasis are very underrated. They get nothing but greif from the music press. Unless there sales are down and the you can be sure they'll have them on the front cover.

Ian Brown is a genius. I just saw him on T.V wearing a pink jumper and dancing on one leg! smokin'

Texas
:stick out tongueuts on pink jumper and dances on one leg:: Now I'm a genius too smokin'

finti
Genius in Texas maybe, in Norway... a retard laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing

Texas
Only a retard would leave Texas for Norway stick out tongue

Edna Witch
Only a retard would be in Texas to begin with!

finti
originally posted by Texas.

You missed the plane Tex? big grin cool

Ushgarak
Hang on, Edna, I thought some of your family lived out there?

Texas
Only the smart ones Ush. The rest stayed! stick out tongue

Ushgarak
She DOES seem to have walked into that one. Unless she doesn't like them.

Texas
You actually provided the opportunity for my fabulous punch line. She came off strong today, being rude to me in all her replies with out any provocation what so ever. ::In Sidious' voice::This is an unusual move for her!

Ushgarak
I rather think, Tex, that getting into Edna's good books is something that lies a long, long way off... and don't say that we didn;t warn you...

Texas
I like being in her bad book, it makes me feel soooo naughty!!! evil face

Ushgarak
I DO see what you mean...

Texas
Ush you should get into her bad book too! Maybe she'll spank you around the house laughing out loud eek!

Ushgarak
That's not how it really works.

Texas
Ohhhh, so I see you've tried before laughing out loud

Ushgarak
I'll certainly be in her bad books if I keep talking...

Edna Witch
Tex isn't in my bad books! I'm just playing with him. Kind of like RC and I used to do but then I took it too seriously and we had a big agument. But I think that is all forgotten now. I hope! roll eyes (sarcastic)

finti
I wonder if I am going to get me a bad book confused

Edna Witch
I thought you already had one. But it only has one page in it with Texas scrawled across it in HUGEred letters. Or is that blood? Oh dear! sad

Ratcat
What's forgotten? wink

Tex, I think if Edna spanked Ush it might possible just kill him. Not a good idea.....

finti
No Tex would not be in my bad book, book for picking at though...yes. evil face

Texas
I'm just flattered at all this attention I'm getting! cool

yerssot
Now let's get him out of the spotlights

Texas
mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad

finti
and into the limelight..... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Texas
That's more like it smokin' smokin' smokin' smokin' smokin' smokin' smokin'

ToMacco
I don't think anyone cares anymore, because the music posts stopped about three pages ago. But here's my music tastes.

Pearl Jam
Bob Dylan
The Rolling Stones
The Beatles
Bob Marley
Dave Matthews Band
Weezer
John Williams
James Horner
The Greatful Dead
Phish
Creedence Clearwater Rivival
The Eagles
Neil Young
The Police

These groups have great albums, that you can listen to the whole thing. I of course like a lot of other groups, but I consider them to be "One hit wonders" even though they have more than one hit

DJ Velocity
OK. I know you are all going to rip the p*** out of me, but here is mine:

Snoop Dogg (I've always liked him. I'm not a post-Dre 2001er)
213 (Snoop, Nate, Warren G: Funky as you like)
Guns N Roses (Greatest rock band of all time (no arguments)
Alice Cooper
Bone Thugs ~N~ Harmony
Cypress Hill
Bon Jovi
Billy Joel (Piano God)
Level 42 (Mint Live Band)

I'm starting to like Kid Rock although I hate all of that hip-hop/rock crossover tripe i.e. Limp Bizkit.

Question: What is Alien Ant Farm's cover of Smooth Criminal about? They killed it sad

I notice there is a lot of rockers here, so, who is your favourite lead guitarist? Mine is Slash from GnRs

finti
Richie Blackmore from Deep Purple and R A I N B O W

JediOasis
Johnny Marr of The Smiths, Noel Gallagher of course, and The Edge

Texas
That's easy, Billy Corgan

ToMacco
Didn't the Smashing Pumpkins break up?

sand person no. 10
Tomacco, good choice, do you like the weezer song "crab" off their new album, it rocks man. my favorite guitaist is Hendrix by a mile. i go quite proud when i learnt to play 4 bars of one of his songs.

JediOasis
Yes they did.

Texas
It was the worst news I ever received, I didn't eat for 4 days sad
but Billy Corgan has formed a new secret band whoose name is yet to be revealed smile

King Jedi
John Squire of The Stone Roses is my favourite lead guitarist.

finti
I think they are called Better than my last band, hopefully laughing out loud big grin

Texas
.........you bastard big grin wink

Texas
Like my new avatar???? Isn't it Smashing? big grin

ToMacco
Yeah, it's cool.

finti
Looks like the grim reaper big grin

King Jedi
Or Dr Evil.

Texas
It's Billy Corgan of the Smashing Pumpkins, and yet to be revealed secret band big grin

King Jedi
We know. stick out tongue Is it true that he's been writing songs with Noel Gallagher?

Texas
yes, and just about everyone else lately smile

King Jedi
Cool! evil face

Texas
I know

He needs to write a song for me, then I can perform it for you all big grin

JediOasis
I heard that too, but I think its just a rumor. But it has been confirmed that Liam Gallagher has written a song for the new Hole record and that he may begin work on a solo record.

Texas
Courtney Love is so pathetic! roll eyes (sarcastic)

finti
And Billy Corgan is not roll eyes (sarcastic)

Texas
NO mad Your pathetic ItNif stick out tongue
big grin

jedi212guy
I liked the Smashing Pumpkins about 5 years ago. Now I'm more into Bob Dylan. big grin

finti
oh yes they are just right up the ally from each other roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue I rather spend an evning with Cortney Love than Billy "Bob" Corgan big grin

jedi212guy
Don't make me give you a thrashing, finti... stick out tongue

finti
A yank`s gonna trash a Viking, yeah that be the day.

Texas
Oh yes. I know all about you 'I liked the Smashing Pumpkins 5 years ago' people!

Courtney Love's a ****. She's good friends with Billy, but he shouldn't hang around with her kind of trash roll eyes (sarcastic)

jedi212guy
That's right! I'm a massive 60 kg yank, and I'll take you on any day of the week. (j/k) big grin

finti
60 kg? you need extra weight in your shoes when the wind blows
sure you got the weight right.

jedi212guy
It's right. I was just showing my weakness. 132 pounds divided by 2.2 kilograms equals 60 kg. (I'm a math major. Woo-hoo!)

Texas
Math major??? Wow! I have great respect for Math majors! You guys can get a job like anywhere! smile

finti
puts up odds for an easy fight evil face evil face

ToMacco
Jedi212guy

You like Bobby D? Man, Bob Dylan is the King! One of my buddies at college turned me onto him. Now I can't get enough of him! I've seen him in concert twice, and I will again in about two weeks.

Do you have his new CD "Love and Theft?" I was looking forward to its release date, September 11th. Looks like the day will be remembered for other reasons. sad

So J212G, are you really into Bob, or are you kidding? I can't imagine you would be kidding. Most people don't consider Bob to be a fan favorite, but anyone who listens to his music LOVES him!

Anyone who is interested in expanding their music culture, I suggest the following Dylan CD's: "Blonde on Blonde," ""Blood on the Tracks," "Time out of Mind," or if you wanna go for it all, just get "The Essential Bob Dylan."

I love Bob Dylan, man. smokin'

King Jedi
I think we can tell. rolling on floor laughing

ToMacco
Bob Dylan is my brother.

Texas
I am proud to announce that Bjork, whom RC and I both lovewink , has become the first pop artist in history to be invited to play at the prestigious Royal Opera Housesmile Also her new video for Pagan Poetry is being deamed the most disturbing and controversial music video ever! Damn I cant wait for that one to debuteek!

Also I bought the new Garbage CD, Beautiful Garbage, and it really kicks ass major asssmokin' That Shirley Manson is one fine Scottish chick cool

ToMacco
sweet rolling on floor laughing

King Jedi
Shirley Manson still lives here which is great since most famous people from here leave for London or America.

Her new haircut is a bit weird. eek!

Texas
I think it makes her look sexy! eek!
I really like her, I've see her live 2 times when she's been in Dallas
I even bought tickets to an Alanis Morsette concert because Garbage was opening, and as soon as they finished I left. I was really close to the stage, close enough to see that Ms. Manson doesn't like to wear bras eek! cool smokin' wink big grin

mah
the first garbage-album was innovative and great, but i was a bit dissapointed with the second, and i do not like their last album. nothing new, almost like they have no new ideas to put in their music.

Texas
You must of lost your mind and gone crazy! The second Album, Garbage 2.0 kicked major ass!! Nothing new with their new album? My friend it's all new! Garbage has never sounded like this. Theres a lot of pop and subdued songs along with the heavy rock. Shirley's voice never sounded this good. Wow, it's clear to see we definitely have differing opinions about Garbage.

ToMacco
mah, so you're saying the first album was good, then the rest was just 'garbage'? wink

Texas
laughing out loud
It's beautiful garbage wink

ToMacco
I like "No Doubt" simply because Gwen Stefonie is hot.

Texas
Oh Yeah, she's really hot! No one knows the names of the other members of the band, they only care about that babe Gwen smokin'

Texas
I just downloaded Bjorks new video Pagan Poetry! WOW! Talk about indecent! The cum is back big time! Heres a link to her new video, enter at your own discretioneek! : http://www.bjork.com/snipsbits/video/paganpoetry/

King Jedi
This might be the last album Garbage make. sad

mah
happy days are here again big grin (sorry to all of you who still like garbage)

finti
their name says all big grin

Texas
Where did you hear that? That's horrible news!
Maybe Shirley wants to get away from Butch and his dictator ways and try something different confused

finti
So then they end in the dustbin big grin

Texas
roll eyes (sarcastic)

finti
I find Shirley kind of very unattractive, just dont like her looks at all

Texas
You need glasses my friend.
She's a fox eek!
gots that sexy alien looking thing going on! smokin'

finti
It is all about taste and to me she is repulsive.
Faith Hill is attractive cool

Texas
Faith Hill is a fox too, but Shirley has that bad girl thing going on smokin' Bjork's another fox eek! smokin'

finti
Bjork a fox? Talking about needing glasses. She is straight out ugly

Texas
OMG! She's soooo HOT!!!! She's got that little swett innocent thing going on, but god knows theres nothing sweet and innocent about that woman! She's a major babe! smokin' cool smokin'

finti
she looks like a stray bloodhound

Texas
Now your just being mean!
Pray that your viking ship never hits an iceberg and you wash up on the beach in Iceland stick out tongue

finti
Iceland are more or less Norwegian heritage, and my neighbour is from Iceland. He says she aint to populare there she is so stuck up.

Texas
She's not stuck up roll eyes (sarcastic) , she's just a diva! cool.....

...........but yeah, they're not too happy about her over there, read an entire Newsweek article about that. Said Iceland wasn't good enough for her so she went to London, then apparently London wasn't good enough for her so now she's in New York. Next stop:Couriscantbig grin. She's so kewl smokin'

King Jedi
Shirley Manson says that she wants to have kids soon and when she does she'll quit the music bis. Or maybe she just meant touring? I don't know.

Bjork is ugly. And annoying.

finti
Rosmarys Baby all over again big grin

ToMacco
Bjork fell off the ugly tree and hit every branch on her way down. She's talanted, but it's good that she's on radio instead of TV. big grin

Texas
Bjork is a genius in every sense of the word!! smokin' She's also one of the most beautiful women in the world cool !! Your probably all crazy Bjork stalkers anyways! It's best that you keep away from my Bjork! mad

ToMacco
Yeah looks are only skin deep. Besides all women are beautiful.

Except Bjork. She is one ugly ho! big grin wink j/k Tex

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>