Improve your life here

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mechmoggy
Are you tired of listening to crap on the radio sung by young bands with mis-spelt names (e.g. Mis-teeq, N-sync etc) then get your arse down to your local independent CD retailer, (non of your Virgin or Our-price big stores), and buy the Charlatans new album "Wonderland".

It rocks, you'll feel better and I'll have told you so!

*Waves hand casually* You WILL go and buy the album. cool

King Jedi
I've already ordered it. big grin

Dim
Hmmm..never heard of em.

queeq
What do you think waving your hand like that? You think you're some kind of Jedi or something? Mind tricks don't work on me.

sand person no. 10
'm not surprised, there an english band from manchester i think, there probably the most consistent band this country has had in the last 10 years, even more so than oasis, i'm not counting u2, you can find lots of their songs on mp3 sites, well worth the download.

Ratcat
Personally, I am a little tired of people telling me what I should listen to... sad

King Jedi
Then don't listen. stick out tongue

Ratcat
Trust me, I won't...

finti
wanna know about a good band RC? evil face

Texas
I dont have any money to buy this new "Wonderbraw" CD. The Smashing Pumpkins are coming out with a 'Best Of' CD, a B-side, and two DVD's, I wont have enough dough for the Charlestons, or whatever their called roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue wink evil face

yerssot
And here the CD will be out, let's say... next year

Texas
Why does it take so long for everything to come out in Belgium? You people need to take charge! Demand that products be released in a timely fashion in Belgium, or you will hold all those delicious, mouth watering, better then sex choclates, for yourselves! That's when you'll see progress!!!!!!!!! big grin

yerssot
Because there are a lot of 'Limburgers' in Belgium
aaand theeeeeeeey aaaaaaaaaaaaaaare slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

King Jedi
What's a "limburger"?

Dim
hmmm..cheese I think.

Texas
With Belgian choclates and cheese who needs women?

yerssot
I would go for man....

finti
ehh what about posting a picture yerssot ?

Texas
*waits patiently for picture of limburger*

finti
well I was thinking more in a line of a picture of yerssot, how about it Roy.

Texas
*waits patiently for picture of limburger and yersott*

queeq
Well, yerssot, there's always Amazon these days. You can get any CD you want at any time.

yerssot
I want to spear you the pic of the limburger and ESPACCIALY one of myself!

Edna Witch
As much as I do actually like the charlatons. That album really doesn't scream "Buy me! Buy me!" at the moment! Sorry! Besides I have bought so many damn albums lately that it would break the bank I'm afraid! And next on my list of CDs to buy is actually a counting crows album anyway.

Texas
Counting Crows kick ass! smokin'

Edna Witch
I know! I like colourblind. Just Lurrrrve that song so much!

Texas
Finally, you and I agree on something smile

Edna Witch
Yep! Amazing isn't it! Hey we agreed on Smashing pumpkins didn't we? Looks like our tastes in music may be the only thing where we don't end up arguing!

Texas
Let's cherish that! smile smile smile smile smile smile smile

Edna Witch
Ah! The blissful non-argumentative calm! Quite tranquil really!

Texas
I know, let's fight evil face

Edna Witch
But I don't want to! sad

Texas
Ok, Ok, I'll have to be careful from now on, knowing that you can send your uncle to kick my lucious rump! laughing out loud

finti
her uncle or any other girls around Dallas laughing out loud big grin

Texas
HEY!, that's just a vicious rumor embarrasment embarrasment big grin

Edna Witch
Oh yes, my necromances are spread around the world!

Ushgarak
Yup. And your necromancers too, I'll be bound.

Edna Witch
I missed the R! So sue me! Are you not surprised a such a long and unusual word being in my vocabulary?

Ushgarak
I'd be more surprised if I missed an opportunity to needle you like that.

Texas
I'm surprised! stick out tongue wink

mechmoggy
If anyone needs convincing borrow a copy of the album and listen to "a man needs to be told", that'll do it.

Texas
I'll download it off Morpheus smile

yerssot
does the word illegal mean anything to you

finti
Yes it means that it is not allowed smile big grin

Ushgarak
Finti, ever the generous and knowledgable sage, has struck again...

Dim
Yes, something should be done about this one......he knows too much. evil face

finti
Indeed I am powerful as everybody has foreseen. evil face and I know it all beside French

Dim
HHAAAA!!! His weakness!
Bring in the French People!

*French people swarm around finti and babble aimlessly at him*

finti
Finti starts to hand out soaps, "if you add water to this soap bar you may clean yourselves, I know its a new thing and a bit scary, but please for our sake take a bath" evil face

Texas
*Calls the French anti defamation league*

King Jedi
That's why the French make so much perfume. rolling on floor laughing

finti
make it ok, but why dont they wear some? confused cool

Texas
My favorite scent is Armani's Auqa di Gio and then Hugo by Hugo Boss smokin'

finti
I use Jean Paul Gautiere and Azzaro and Jazz and 1867 and..... I dont remember any more at the moment. rolling on floor laughing

King Jedi
Petrol!.......mmmmmmmmm.........petrol! What a scent! smokin'

Texas
I think every man should have a bottle of Old Spice, it's a classic big grin

finti
Yeah for the geriatric department in a Florida retirement resort. big grin

Texas
Florida, now that's a state that resembles a penis

King Jedi
laughing out loud
Every man should have a can of petrol.

finti
Looks in the Filofax, hmmm a limp one maybe eek!

Texas
Hey it's Florida, home of the old and retired laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud Well guys gotta go, class starts at 12:00.

finti
bee good and study hard roll eyes (sarcastic)

Edna Witch
Mmmm! Petrol! And don't forget the wet paint! Mmmm wet paint!

yerssot
roll eyes (sarcastic)

King Jedi
Well we know what to get Edna for Christmas. And I wouldn't mind some either. smile

Texas
Texas' Christmas gift for Edna: BLACK paint

finti
"I wanna see it painted, painted black
Black as night, black as coal
I wanna see the sun blotted out from the sky
I wanna see it painted, painted, painted, painted black
Yeah!" -
Rolling Stones

Texas
*paints Finti* eek!

finti
"Paint...me right. Can you feel the heat in me tonight? Oh I, I'm the pearl...Paint your love all over my world."-

Roxette cool not aimed at you Tex roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
Than we need a LOT of paint

King Jedi
and petrol!

Texas
I know this is probably a stupid question, but is petrol the same as gasoline? confused

yerssot
good question......

Ushgarak
Certainly is.

Texas
Sweettt!!!!! From now on, I am going to use the word petrol. 'Dad, give me your Texaco card, I need petrol!' 'Have you been to the petrol station lately? The prices are outrageous!' Oh, I like that word, petrol, petrol, petrol!!!!!!! big grin

Ushgarak
Well, that's part 1 of your UK survival guide, Tex...

Texas
You know what else I like about you English people? You hardly use the word the. Like you say, I'm going to hospital, or I'm going to university, you never say the. In the US we always say the. From now on I am rebelling against the. smokin'

Ushgarak
So long as you don't think we use kilometres.

Texas
Oh that's one thing I dont like, metric system!!! (notice I didn't say the metric system, I just said metric system) smokin' You've just witnessed rebellion in action big grin Well Ush gotta go, Going to see 'The Others' tonight, here it's scarry! Nighty nite! smile

Ushgarak
Ok, bye... but we would use 'the' in that situation.

Texas
Just got back from seeing 'The Others', it kicks major ass, classic horror flick smokin' Very scarrry....Booooooooo!!!!! eek!

finti
I think it is fine that we use different meassure systems, why make it easy roll eyes (sarcastic)

King Jedi
laughing out loud

Everyone should make one up and stick to it. From now on I'm using the word "sheeps" instead of "miles".

Texas
I must quickly get out of my pad, hop into the lift, bounce into my automobile, fill up with petrol and be on my way to university for tea time. How's that for British? big grin

finti
not quite gay enough. laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing j/k

King Jedi
I've never used the word "hop" or "pad" before. big grin

I would say "I need to get out of the house, fill my motor up with petrol and get to Uni before lunch time".

finti
Haggies for lunch? wink

Edna Witch
Tex why have you decided to be all brit all of a sudden. I mean I know our country is far better than texas but you are American for christ sake! Stop trying to be british!

yerssot
Why you're both English speaking?

finti
Ok Frenchy or is it Duchman.

Ushgarak
I don't there is a person in the country who would seriously use 'Automobile' in a sentence unless they are talking about the AA (a car owner's association and breakdown service and the source of several thousand jokes about alcoholics).

Texas
Originally posted by Edna I am frankly a little disappointed in you Edna, we Brits need to stick together! Now excuse me while I go dust my picture of the Queen Mum.

Ushgarak
Now, I'm sure I know a good joke about her...

Texas
There will be no jokes about the Queen Mum today! Bless her soul! Now excuse me while I get pissed and have some ****

Ushgarak
That last bit is certainly something you don't want to say in the States, eh?

Texas
I got that from Onslo on 'Keeping Up Appearances', my favorite show on tele!

Ushgarak
Hmmm... not an unfunny show, exactly, but it is basically the same joke made in a hundred increasingly less distinctive ways...

Texas
I love Hyacenth and Emmit and Elizabeth and Rose and her sister Violet, the one with a mercedes, sauna and room for a pony! I like 'Keeping up Appearance' too, the old one, not the farm one. God, that one lady who was really hot in the old show got really old and fat!

mechmoggy
Judge us not by that pants program, or we'll be forced to assume life in the states is just like "saved by the bell" or even "90210" - sheer annoying guffaw stuff by anyone's standards.

Has anyone been into a shop and listened to any of the tracks from "Wonderland" yet? I feel the topic has meandered enough!

finti
No and I wont either. Monika wants me to by Nelly Furtado, The "Turn off the light" is ok, but an entire album of that stuff eek! , Well I can buy it too her,but then she have to agree dont play it while I am in the house.
Democratic or what?, either my music or no music evil face

mechmoggy
From your era Finti I like quite a lot: -

Ozzy Osbourne, Bob Dylan, Janes addiction (may be a little new for you that one), etc

You should broaden your horizons my good man. Flow with the stream, don't stay in the stagnant pool.

King Jedi
My "Wonderland" album still hasn't arrived. sad

finti
I cant force myself to like something just to go with the flow. Shheeps tend to do that. Well I for one dont like too much of Janes Addiction, of the more "new " stuff I like Nirvana, Red Hot Chillie Pepper, Faith No More, Soundgarden, Supergrass smile

Texas
:messedhakes head in disbelief::

Ratcat
Such obvious distinction.... roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing out loud

Texas
I like all of them, Daisy and Rose and Father and their car! Oh remember that episode how Richard and Hyacinth stole the Rolls Royce, hilarious!!!

Gundark
I like Ozzy.......

Ratcat
Ya know, it's amazing to me how we (the brits) can export the crappiest pieces of Brit TV to you (the yanks) and you lap it up!!! confused confused

Ushgarak
They still like Benny Hill out there, I hear...

Texas
Yeah Benny Hill is pretty big too. Never heard of Ozzy, I've heard of Chef, which really sucks, and that Red Dwarf show, which looks really cheap, Mr. Bean, he's totally kewl! Farscape, which looks really kewl, The Vickor of Didley,(or something like that), and that show where Mr. Bean is a cop, which really sucks too! Oh, and that one show with that one guy who walks down the alley and he is taken back to WWII. I forgot the name of that show. All those come on PBS, and Farscapes on the Sci Fi Channel. I watch too much TV. big grin

finti
Never heard of Ozzy, Ozzy Osbourne lead singer with Black Sabbath and a legend within the heavy meatal arena.

ToMacco
I prefer Bob Dylan

Ratcat
I think Gundy might have meant Onzlo...?

finti
Nah, Gundy is a Black Sabbath and Ozzy fan she is Rock`n`Roll big time. cool She definitely meant Ozzy. rolling on floor laughing

Ratcat
Ok, Gundy, come settle this. Onzlo fits with the flow of the thread at the time and Ozzy fits with your rock chick musical tastes,

So, which was it???

mechmoggy
I saw Ozzy live once, the "No rest for the wicked" tour I think, I was quite young. He was cool though and everyone should own the "talk to the devil" album, it rocks!

Starting to get to know the tracks on the Wonderland album and I think "Judas" is my current fave. That's the thing with the Charlatans, no album sounds the same. From the last album my fave was "Forever" 7 1/2 minutes of sheer genius. cool

Texas
Ozzy's wife used to manage my favorite band, The Smashing Pumpkins, but they got in a really big fight and fired the *****. Since then, I have officially boycotted anthing Ozzy!

finti
Is that Ozzys fault?

Ushgarak
Farscape is Australian. Chef is very British humour; I don;t know why they even bothered trying it anywhere else. Ditto for Thin Blue Line (the other Rowan Atkinson thing; sod Mr. bean, what it isn;t a patch on is Blackadder!).

Guy who walks down the alley and is taken to WWII... Goodnight Sweetheart, that's it! Good early series, crud later ones.

Ratcat
But the last episode had a great twist...

Ushgarak
Granted.

Texas
What happens in the last episode? confused

finti
Posted by RC

Posted by Finti.

Ok Gundy settle this smile

Gundark
Sorry RC....I did mean Ozzy Osbourne. Actually I never heard of Onzlo. Put another notch in your blaster, fin !

Edna Witch
Red dwarf was meant to look cheap! It was ace! Well the last series was a little lacking in something but the earlier ones were incredible! And keeping up appearances is the biggest load of rubbish I have ever seen. It just annoys me to watch it! Really grates on my nerves!

But if you really want to be british Tex then stop confusing aussie stuff with British stuff They will throw you out of the country for that you know! Farscape - british? Pah!

finti
I am getting so tired of beeing right all the time big grin laughing out loud embarrasment
another notch hatched in the hilt of .. eehhh in the bar desk. rolling on floor laughing

Texas
Welllllll excccuuuussseeee meeeeee!!!!! They all have British accents on that show, how was I suppose to know it was Australian?roll eyes (sarcastic)

Keeping Up Appearances ROCKS!!!!!!!!!! mad and dont you forget it stick out tongue

Ushgarak
Err... actually, most of them have Australian accents, Tex.

Gundark
I don't need a gun. I've got a Dunk.

Texas
Really Ush? I sounds 100% British to me, except that one dude with the American accent. This is starting to give me a headache, futuristic Australian aliens with British accents.....I need a drink! big grin

Ushgarak
The lead guy is American, the Peacekeepers are English, everyone else is Australian.

Texas
Gotcha smile

mechmoggy
Gundy, are you making quotes from Crocodile Dundee?

Shame on you.laughing out loud

And Tex, if you think a fat ugly bird pretending to be posh is funny, then you'd just love my ex-missus!

queeq
Okay, closing now.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.