Philosophy thread (after Revolutions)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

priestjim
I suppose that the war between the machines and the humans is paused or ended. On either cases how would you feel if the whole world was taken over by machines and even though you are supposedly free you know that there is a whole army of machines ready to take your head of with no moral guilt? Or knowing that if you have a conflict with a machine that could mean the start of another war. Or do you believe that we, humans could keep such a peace for a long time? Or, after we heal our wounds we will try to reclaim the world?

Just thoughts for debate smile

Furiae
Being that the back story indicates that we were the ones that started the war I have no problem the the "no moral guilt" on the machines part, we are at war. Again one we started.
I believe that the last conversation the Oracle and Architect have are to infer, IMO, that man will not let the peace exist AS the Architect first created a "perfect" Matrix which we rejected and it was not until they created a flwaed one (famine, disease, death, etc) that we stabilized (save .1% of us) who I believe are also the ones that the Architect is inferring will be freed....that .1% that reject the Matrix.

I believe MANY people would not want out and would think like Cypher did. Trade that world they had for a cold war filled, porridge eating, no sky world...I don't give humans that much credit either....MOST (IMO) would choose to stay.

priestjim
Yes but what if humans and machines cooperate to rebuild the world. The sky, the earth, the air. All that!

priestjim
C'mon people I need some opinions here!

SG_Fox
No, Humans are to arrogant and "blind" to see that the robots just wanted to be treated as an equal. Personaly, the humans in the matrix movies got what they deserved, punishment for creating AI, then telling them that their going to be treated as slaves. I just don't agree with what the humans did, a mass slaughter of machines. Kinda makes ya' kinda wonder what would have happened of humans just decided to go with the flow of how things were, before the war. A peace talk could have stopped this whole mess.

priestjim
Yes. If only they had heard the embassador from 01 (from Animatrix). But I believe they have learnt their lesson.

Verity
Well I believe that is the question the Wachowski's in some way r asking us priest!...R we as humans capable of going on w'out war?? The "to be continued" is really up to us...

Ushgarak
Even if Second Renaissance- which I loathed- is to be believed, the Machines are just as bad, if not worse, than the humans and I feel very much on the side of the humans.

Only the most shallow of humans would take the Cipher choice- Human behaviour indicates most would chose to live in the real world

Verity
Yes, but we as humans always presumptuous, always thinking the world is ours and only belongs to us! It was wrong to not allow the machines to have rights...It's the same as the great powers using slaves throughout the years, and robbing them of their rights! Haven't we seen history repeat itself so many times?? The question is, what do we do with that peace, now that we have it!?!?!?!

Ushgarak
None of that excuses what the machines did.

Verity
We as humans have done as much if not worse!...

Ushgarak
Mind you, here is me babbling on about the 'real' when I know full well that much of what goes on inside the Matrix is VERY real, it is just not physical...

But there is nothing FOR the humans in the Matrix. It is not essential and as it is, by its very nature, limiting then I still think most humans would prefer the physical world where something of consequence can be achieved for the human race.

The Omega
Do humans want to live in peace? Yes, urhm... who wouldn't want peace.

It can just not never be peace at ANY cost.
As my signature says "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit autrocities." That is a quote I've found to contain a great deal of truth.
So the real question is: What is control?

Ushgarak
Simple, restriction- to any extent- of someone's freedom via something acting with purpose.

The Omega
Isn't it so, then, that he ultimate form of control is "restrictrion of someone's freedom..." without that someone knowing the restriction is there?

Ushgarak
I wouldn't say it was the ultimate. I would say it was a very handy form of control though.

BIOS9
I believe deep down, we both want this world to change. I believe that the Matrix can remain our cage or it can become our chrysalis, that's what you helped me to understand. That to be free, truly free, you cannot change your cage. You have to change yourself. When I used to look out at this world, all I could see was its edges, its boundaries, its rules and controls, its leaders and laws. But now, I see another world. A different world where all things are possible. A world of hope. Of peace. I can't tell you how to get there, but I know if you can free our mind, you'll find the way...

The Omega

Ushgarak
Because most people are more inclined to care about their own problems than broader ones.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.