Resident Evil 4

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

royal_jester
Do you think this game will be good???

Capcom in the long run has truly improved their graphics.

And yes it will be on the Gamecube so what ..The game will probably still be good. big grin

duffy
No way is this game gonna disapoint!

Lulu
i think its gonna be good.

royal_jester
good pic there duffy i saw it in a video game magazinebig grin

Resident Evil 4 is going to be sweetbig grin

worldindustries
it sure will be.

J_To_The_P
Oh HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Resident Evil 4 will blow away people like REmake and Zero did graphically, 3 discs of Leon Scott Kennedy, and here's praying to Jill Valentine as the alternative character! big grin

ragesRemorse
i know gamecube has an exclusive RE game comming out only for there system, but its not RE4. RE4 will be on ever console.They beter put some changes in there. I really dont wanna play the same tired gameplay again

Tex
Of course it will be good! But I dont have a Gamecube anymore! sad

mah
You better believ RE4 will be gamecube exclusive.

Tex
Just check out these screenshots, (actual game play images, no cut scenes!) eek!

Amazing! yes

http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/re4cube_031704_x15_1079603819.jpg

You can find a bunch here:
http://media.cube.ign.com/media/015/015821/imgs_1.html

SpikeSpiegel
Even though the zombies have gone it's still going to be good

Xed
Indeed.

And the boss seen in nom looks amazing.

Ikobe
Wow-ness... I accidentally clicked on a link I saved to m favourites agesago, and this site had loads more screenshots of RE4, and.. wow. How freakin' ACE is it going to be?!

Heehee. Leon isn't a brown nosing ginger dork any more, either *grins*

The thing said there is another 216 days until it is released and sadly it comes down quite low on my list of things to save up for but meh. Sweet! *dances*

Ikobe
no? no? huh? *bumps*

DracotheDragon
Ummm... are you high? Buzzin? Something? No? Good. RE4 looks good. I've always been a fan of the RE series.

Ikobe
Well... kinda (: I only own RE2 but I love that kind of genre. Plus Leon is just so badass... way cooler than Claire. And he looks mihty fine in RE4. An' it's set in Europe in a big housey thing... sweet. (:

Jedi Shmedi
Considering this game won't have any zombies, I think it will kick some real ass.

And the fact that Leon is just a cool character, that's pretty sweet.

Plus I like the over the shoulder view a lot better than the crappy camera in the previous games.

RE4 should be pretty cool.

Ikobe
ahhh so this is where my thread went *grins*

RE4 will NOT disappoint. (:

*in an Ada Wong voice* Le-on!

BlackMamBA
THIS GAME IS GOING TO KICK MAJOR ASS!!! CANT WAIT FOR IT TO CUM OUT!!!!!

By the way the game is delayed which really sucks but good @ da same time. cool

Reborn Again
Who's the main character? That looks like Leon S. Kennedy.

Skorn254
It is Leon S. Kennedy.

shagmobile
this game looks so good that it'll kick my grandmother's ass. is there a second controllable character and who is the crazy chainsaw guy? and hey if you didnt know already you can get caught in bear traps.

JToTheP
RE4 WILL KICK ASS, I CAN'T WAIT TO SHOOT VILLAGERS IN THE KNEECAPS, EXPLODE HEADS WITH THE HANDGUN, OMFG I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!! eek! eek! eek! eek! eek!

JToTheP
WHAT!?1?!?!?!??! IT BETTER NOT BE, I HAVE WAITED LONG ENOUGH FOR MY CRAVING TO SEE LEON PIMPIN THE BOMBER JACKET!!!!!!!!!! mad mad mad mad

ZomBiE_HunTER
This game is going to ROCK!!! I cant wait for this to come out!!!! eek! eek! eek! eek! eek!

moviejunkie23
who is the crazy chainsaw guy?
..................................................................................
i am under the impression the chainsaw guy is one of the regular level enemies

moviejunkie23
go to the resident evil 4 websight thye have 3 trailors

Samas-adian
Check out Gamerankings.com for some reviews RE4. It looks great and i might pick it up (im not even a RE fan).

dark1365
The one with the Leatherface wannabe..that aint a actual gameplay. it's a pic.

ZomBiE_HunTER
Yea it is.

JToTheP
TWO days!!!!!!!!!!! big grin big grin Happy Dance

Chainsaw guy for life, your all Ps2/XBox fanboys. I haven't even played the demo much, and I know he's actually in-game.

ZomBiE_HunTER
CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Going KRAZY

Samas-adian
Can't wait too shoot people in the face with the shotgun.

JToTheP
GameFAQs has a thread with guide scans, I saw some monsters, guns, unlockables, pretty awesome.

SaTsuJiN
Hmmm... I agree for the most part... but some part of me is saying "why didnt they think of freestyle aiming sooner..?"

JToTheP
11th........11th........NEED............RE4....................NOW............NEED..........................

dark1365
they DID think of fresstyle aiming, haven't you played Resident Evil: Dead Aim for PS2?

SaTsuJiN
ew.. that half-baked FPS ripoff? Thats like taking DBZ : Budoukai and turning it into a VR interactive game just by adding some goku wrist band motion sensors... In any case, Im referring to the 3rd person perspective view games (1-3, including code veronica and the various directors cuts).

ZomBiE_HunTER
You always have sum sort of problem.

SaTsuJiN
well, the first resident evil came out in 1995 or 96'ish... and its 2005.. thats nearly (or exactly) 10 years of gameplay mechanics staying pretty much the same (until 4 of course), which is just agitating since most of the storyline has been told at this point (the interesting / surprising chunk of story at least)... just annoyed that it took them this long to say "hey we need some spicy new control scheme to keep fans coming back" (IMO.. since Im considering this to be a Re4 discussion thread and not an OMG I WANNA GET IT SO BAD thread stick out tongue )

dark1365
Nevermind Satsujin...you always seem to be pessimistic.

ZomBiE_HunTER
I know.Needs to lightened up a bit.

SaTsuJiN
I call it "keepin it real"..
its just sad to see developers slacking when they have the talent to revolutionize a genre

mmm pixely goodness/gameplay roll eyes (sarcastic)
http://www.residentevilzone.com/re-survivor-image-6.jpg

http://www.rottingweb.com/re4extreme/images/007a.jpg
yay!...

dark1365
RE1 for GC is still good. Impossibly good graphics, so good it makes PS2 engine look pathetic. Actually it is pathetic, a lot of the games have dark lighting so that crappy graphics won't be noticed. San Andreas is good though.

Tex
Comes out tomorrow! party

The game not me! whistle

Samas-adian
Sats is right. If it took them 10 years to figure out a new aiming system then they're lazy.
But, RE4 is not like the earlier versions and is alot more action orientated thus needed a new aiming system. If this aiming system was used for the earlier versions, it would be a pretty boring game and easy.

ZomBiE_HunTER
I got the game an hour ago and Im loving every minute its so Fuking Krazy especially where all of them trys to attack you in the beginning.And as a tip kill the chainsaw guy he'll have 10,000 pesos when u kill him.

dark1365
Wish I had it.

Samas-adian
You have to kill him or you wont get the cut-scene
THe game is unbelievable. The impending doom walking around killing these things, they just dont stop, throwing grenades, blasting head's off, jumping out windows and all that crazy shit.
I was running away from them and i thought i was in an okay position. Well, next thing that happens is that i go birds eye view and i see the chainsaw guy cut off my head. awesome, too bad nonbody will buy it considering its out for the Nintendo.

SaTsuJiN
I might give it a rental.. RE's after 2 left a bad taste in my mouth... (with the exception of the remake of 1 for gamecube)

Phoenix Aska
I'm getting it today!

It ooks really good and IGN magazines gave it a 9.8 which was higher than halo 2's rating!

It was the best rating they gave a game in 3 years!!!

SaTsuJiN
Yeah, I think I might purchase this one also.. IGN gave it 9.8 and I believe Gamespot gave it a 9.6 or something. It best be scary or IGN and GS are getting some complimentary anthrax.. evil face .. I mean.. :cough:... :halo sparkles: angel

Phoenix Aska
I don't think it'll be scary...maybe fun or have a really good story line though....

When I beat the game I'll give a full explanation of what the game is about...

dark1365
Maybe insane. For example, trying desperately to run from a very angry mob of possesed villiagers, the Leatherface wannabe in the lead.

fierypaws
The only thing I hope they don't do is what they did in RE1, I think they had the controls so forward was back, back was forward, and so on. I'm not quite sure if you could fix that, but it really got on my nerves.

Phoenix Aska
you can aim in this one and kick people!

How exciting..i think I'm just gonna kick the shit out of zombies to just fool around!

SaTsuJiN
omg you can kick? http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/eek.gif

Phoenix Aska
you can kick people in half!

ZomBiE_HunTER
YEa I love doing that. eek!

Samas-adian
They're not zombies.
You can kick people, throw flash, fire and frag grenades. Crash through windows, drives boats, throw spears, buy guns and make upgrades to current ones, shoot them in the knee's to get them crouching and then take a shotgun to its head, shoot out tnt from thier hands and shoot down the throwing objects. All of its great.
Top quality graphics, sound and presentation. This also has atmosphere to rivals Half-Life 2.

Phoenix Aska
Well I'm considering them as zombies because they don't go down with more than two shots to the head....

ZomBiE_HunTER
And alot more!!!

Samas-adian
True, but they don't eat flesh. They're not normal obviously but still not zombies. I dont know how far you are but once you see you will understand.

dark1365
They just want to capture you, hack you into pieces, burn you to ash, and sacrifice you to their demented god.

Of course, this is entirely an assumption.

fierypaws
So wouldn't that make them... like mutants or something?

dark1365
No, just very stupid, stupid, stupid fanatics. And i say stupid as in motives. Not thinking. When thinking, they are smart.

Samas-adian
Well obviously they're is more to the story.

dark1365
That really big thing in the lake is scary.

Phoenix Aska
I killed that thing...

That thing killed me the first time I fought it...that and the stupid ass boulder are the only two things that have killed me...

dark1365
What bout Chainsaw dude?

ZomBiE_HunTER
I thought I was done for!!! sad And by the way how far are you guys Im at the two routes thing after killing alot of them things.

BackFire
The game's amazing, best RE game yet. If you have a GC this is one game you should get, no matter what.

Samas-adian
I'm at the castle, near the shooting range. The game is getting hard, but still beatable. Thank god for shotguns. Has anyone bought the TMP or rocket launcher?

The game is awesome.

BackFire
Nope, I bought the rifle with the scope which makes it a sniper rifles. pretty helpful, I can usually pick off a few enemies before they all come running towards me. Then I just grab my shotgun and destroy them.

ZomBiE_HunTER
I sold all my weapons ang got the new riot gun,the black hangun,and the new rifle.And Im around the shooting gallery to.

Phoenix Aska
I'm on the second disc..is that far???

The chainsaw guys piss me off...a waste of shotgun ammo...of course those weird guys in the purple cloaks are just as horrible...

Samas-adian
Yah that's pretty far. The worst is the guys with the wooden shields. The chainsaw girls are even worst then the guy who looks like leatherface.

Same with me, its pretty powerful. I let the bad guys into an straight corridor, stun them with the flash 'nade and then shoot with the sniper rifle through all of them. Takes 1 bullet to kill 3-4 guys. I bought the TMP just before the house sequence with Luis and it's pretty crappy. It keeps them at bay for a sec, but does not kill them before you run out of a clip.

The game has a unearthing quality of making you feel like your enclosed. Its pretty horrific. This is what "horror" games should be.

ZomBiE_HunTER
Thats pretty far what chapter are u on?

Diesel fan
Is the game only for Game Cube?

JToTheP
I'm on Chapter 5-3, even though all of Chapter 5 is on Disc 2, it sure is HUGE. I absolutely love this game, so so so much. I KNOW for a fact companies will take Capcom's gameplay from this for their own games, and not know how to fit it into their own games properly. It's also clear that due to the size of this game, Resident Evil 5 won't be out until the Next Consoles, but that's FINE by me! This is my absolute NEW favorite video game, and when these consoles die, it will SURELY become a classic! big grin

JToTheP
Until October or December of this year, yes. Capcom is bringing it to Ps2, with new cut-scenes and such, NOT new stages and gameplay. Capcom can do whatever they want frankly, I'll just read a plot analysis to find out what was added to the Ps2 version,or ask around.

Phoenix Aska
Mmm Leon and Claire were the best two characters ever made...

So 5 should have Claire in it...

SaTsuJiN
I'm partial to Jill... but I also feel like they should make a new character that comes into contact with zombies/crazed villagers for the first time, as opposed to a veteran character

Robo-Chocobo
after making it through Re2 I don't think their is much that can phase leon.

Robo-Chocobo
problem is, claire's had her solo(ish) game. she had half of code veronica all to herself.

Phoenix Aska
Yeah and Code Veronica was a good game!

It was the hardest one out of all that have come up too...

Samas-adian
Still havnt beaten it after 12 hour marathon. ( Im taking my time). One thing that really stands out is the boss fights. Just when you thought the last boss you faced was tough and awesome, the next next always beats it. Also, just when you start getting frustrated because you have no clue how to beat it, the second before you actually find out. Its great. This game has an gradual learning curve so you never get frustrated. Its just a blast.

Phoenix Aska
Uhhmm I think the bosses in this game are rather easy....maybe it's just me...

JToTheP
REmake and Zero were alot harder then CODE:Veronica, I thought that sucked.

JToTheP
If you think they are easy, Disc 2 will give you the challenge you need. There's also theories that this game randomizes the difficulty, ammo distribution, health distribution, and enemy number/placement on the spot, depending on your skills through the game, weapon skills, etc. Some people on GameFAQs have said when you fight the monster with the claws in the cage, 1 person got TWO monsters, 1 person got NONE, and 1 person died and continued so much, he just didn't even appear.

Also, at the part where you have to pick the left or right path. I did NOT fight any chainsaw ladies on the left path, only villagers, who after you decapitate them, the plagas jump out of their necks, and then I couldn't find an exit, so I had to go to the right and get past El Gigante.

So, I don't know what to conclude about it, but all I know is, I got my ass handed to me A LOT in chapters 2-5, that's for sure.

Samas-adian
I think so too. I faced off against 3 chainsaw ladies. I think the difficulty is determined on how many times you die becuase there is a reason on why people have different situations.
I never they were insane bosses but were tough. I usually go through about 3 -4 herbs an first aid spray's when defeating them.

Havoc470
i cant stand this game, probably the most frustrating game i've ever played, the controls are pretty bad and the lack of being able to strafe when aiming a gun or move at all while swinging the knife just gives me even more frustration

the graphics are great, the story is interesting, the voice acting is pretty crappy and the controls take all the action out of the game imo

it sucks how the one im the most interested in, is the one that completely frustrates me when playing it

Tex
The controls were a little difficult at first but I quickly became used to them. They're not even an issue anymore.

The graphics are unsurpassed, amazing. The voicework is awesome, flawless movement and fun boss fights.

Its smart that Ashley ducks when you're shooting someone infront of her.

My only quip so far is that they provide you with too much ammunition and opportunities to buy stuff. Its makes the game easier. I like hard games.

This is one of the best games I've ever played. I have surround sound which this game supports really well.

Phoenix Aska
Well I can confirm this...the bosses aren't that hard..I try and save as many health items as I can..(particularly the mixed herbs. G Y R) I've died 5 times so far and I feel horrible. Some things in the game are optional and can have an impact on how the game is. Like for example if you help the dog in the beginning, he helps you fight the "el gigante" the first time you see him.

The less times you die and continue, the harder the game is...My friend who got it is in almost the same spot as me and has shotgun ammo galore! I have like maybe 4 shells...the game only gives me handgun ammo.

Like when the part where you have to pick the left or right path, I had to go against 3 damn chainsaw people. But they gave away good items when they died...

Samas-adian
I felt the controls intuitive. Sure, you cant strafe but it rarely gives you an option for using it. The controls are simple to understand. Hit A when told so, R brings up gun while A shoots. Its not very hard at all.
I think they give you alot of ammo because if they didnt it will be like the original RE's. Developers wanted it too be an action game thats felt like your playing in a movie.
Finished it, and I felt this is one of the best. Its soo detailed.

Phoenix Aska
I don't think they give you a lot of ammo...all I get is the pistol ammo..the only time I really get shotgun shells is when a key event happens like before I fight a boss or something...

JToTheP
It all depends on how the "randomized difficulty" is set, by the time you get to some bosses. I had 54 deaths when I beat the game, and I feel that I needed to continue that much, so that the game would give me a break in some parts. I am the only one who didn't fight the chainsaw ladies on the left path, I fought Villagers, with Plagas that came out of their heads after I decapitated them. I got 30 handgun bullets, and 10 shotgun shells, then I went right and dodged El Gigante, got myself more ammo and medicine, and left.

I was completely in balance for ammunition the entire game, I only ran out completely once, I had 3 handguns, so I tried to always have all 3 with a full clip. Even though in some of the shoot-outs, I used close to 50 handgun bullets, 30 shotgun shells, and grenades, I still left with atleast 40 handgun bullets, and 15 shotgun shells. So it all depends really.

*Chapter 4 spoilers*

When I fought Salazar when he and his guards mutate with the plant, I died 4 times. On the 5th time I beat him, Salazar LET me, drop off the ledge at the beginning, get all the ammo, and then fight him. On the first 4 times, the eyeball tentacle opened and swallowed me before I got to the end of the ledge. Then as I was picking off the eyeball, then Salazar himself in his cacoon, I had alot more dodge moments, and the tentacle only tried to swallow me TWICE the entire fight. Also, in the garden maze the amount of "dogs" in total I fought changed after I died a few times. It went from 10-12, down to 9 one round, and when I finished it, 8, not counting the 4 that automatically come out of the leaves when you take the Right Half of the moon seal, not counting them in any of my totals.

So yes, it all depends on your death and skills as you progress through the game.

Also, if you aren't TOO scared about this game throughout Disc 1, Disc 2 will keep you in terror, because even with some of the most powerful weapons in the game, the strength of the monsters can still get you killed in no time.

Samas-adian
Its not scary, but generally creepy.

JToTheP
I don't know about you, but I STILL jump when I get grabbed from behind by an enemy. I think the game is REALLY creepy and scary, and I'm 18, been playing RE since I was 12.

ZomBiE_HunTER
The music really helps to set the scary mood.

Havoc470
sorry, my problem wasnt the controls....just how the character executes the moves you use, it sorta takes away from the experience, leon a kick ass cop...but he cant move while pointing a gun or unsheathing his knife....it sort of reminds me of doom3 and the lack of your character actually being able to hold a flashlight WHILE holding a gun, mind you the doom3 character is a marine and even security guards irl use flashlights with their mace.......its one of those games where certain things just bother you

heres another example: when you buy things from the merchant he'll open his coat and when he does youll see ammo....yet theres no ammo for sale, its a game i know, but it just bothers me how leon could take a 3 story drop off of a tower and then get hurt when a not-zombie just shakes you a little and you kick his head off

when you mix R herb with Y herb and G herb...does it expand your health or does it just restore your current health and how do the enemies work? sometimes ill shoot a character in the head about 10 times and he still wont die, then when im faced with the same exact character model (theres like 7 in the whole game) i shoot him twice in the head and he goes down, it seems like difficulty differs from enemy to enemy

Havoc470
voice acting is about as good as mgs: snake eater (which is horrible imo) but im not gonna hate on this game, it definitely has its great moments....the fight with el gigante and that sea creature were amazing, the water effects were amazing and i love using grenades on the zombies....right now im at the part where im holed up in a cabin with the spanish dude and ashley, its been pretty frustrating but i love kicking some of the not-zombies making a few others fall then throwing an incendiary grenade on them, real fun times

Samas-adian
I understand about the controlling aspect.
Mixing a yellow herb with any herb increases your health gauge by a little.
It depends on what stage of infection the villiager has with The Plaga's. Also, the difficulty of the game increases/decreases depending on how you actually play the game. Earlier in this thread, we figured it out. Maybe thats the reason for the different damage each enemy does.
And there is more than just 7 character models in this game. Your not even done the first chapter.

ZomBiE_HunTER
who beat assiment ada?

Samas-adian
I havn't yet. Just finished the game, i started checking out Ada but it seems to be the same level as the Island for Leon.

Havoc470
i meant the villagers so far, like theres about 7 character models atm moment for them, you'd think they'd make a little more, its no big deal its just that sometimes the old white haired not-zombie guy appears in a row heheh

right now im at the part in the 1st disk when you finish killing that leader guy, im clinging to almost no health, i have 4 handgun clips left, and now i had to shoot down some truck coming straight at me in a narrow passage....then i dont know if they opened the door behind me or something, but some not-zombies spawned out of nowhere and kicked my ass heheh......one shake and im dead

a shake lol, i hope they alter a few things for the ps2 version, like movement while holding up your gun, i'd be happy if he at least moved with his knife, seeing as im gonna have to result to it eventually heheh

ZomBiE_HunTER
Ps2 version is going to suck.

Havoc470
crap lol, i cant wait to trade this game out for shadow of rome or something, i like it but its way too frustrating, im sure it isnt worth the ending and theres really nothing else to rent

JToTheP
Assignment Ada sheds more light on the next Resident Evil's plot, I know because I beat it.

Allegedly, Capcom is going to rebuild RE4 to the Ps2's less-overall-capabilities, I dunno, I find this hard to believe if it's going to be out for atleast Christmas this year.

This game isn't for everyone, it surely made Capcom lose some hardcore RE fans, restore alot more fans' hopes, and gain fans who haven't played many REs at all. I don't see the complaint with the villager character models, because I don't see how you have time to bother looking at which one is infront of you, when you have 10 coming AT you overall. So I think some people study things a LITTLE to much, and that's fine if that's you, but it can get rather annoying to constantly see all that, when many of us are trying to figure out how much of everything this game can randomize, under which weapons someone uses the most, most effectively, most/least continues, and so forth.

I don't see why anyone would think there isn't enough character models in this game, with....I lost count personally at how many ENORMOUS environments there were, and different enemy types, so I think if some of you pass the village, you won't be talking about a lack of character models, and don't talk about the monks, they are part of a cult, that's why they all wear the same cloak.

That's just what I say though. If the game isn't for you, that's fine, but it isn't neccesary to keep talking about tiny shortcomings, of a game that dared something COMPLETELY new.

Capcom can do whatever they want with the Ps2 version I feel, I'll just read a plot analysis to find out what is new, I'm not spending cash on a version that won't LOOK or PLAY as well as the original.

NOTE:I am no fanboy, I own almost, or over 30 games for my Ps2 and GC, most of them each of the consoles' "finest", so don't jump on my back about that. stick out tongue

ZomBiE_HunTER
I beat Assignment Ada too and it was pretty kool and short and so far I unlocked Ada and Hunk from Mercenaries.

Havoc470
i wasnt complaining about character models a great deal, i was just saying that its funny when a whole line of the same character models in the village are coming at you, i never said it like it was some tragedy or anything, just that it was funny......and you do kinda notice the character models when you have to waste a whole clip into their heads every now and then

its a new step in its own genre, the camera angle isnt groundbreaking and the villagers are still basically zombies, except they could talk, run, and throw weapons, i always laugh when i shoot one in the head, he turns around, and slowly pulls out another weapon from his ass, something about it thats so funny

Havoc470
i noticed this months GI didnt review re:4 but yet they reviewed shadow of rome which doesnt come out till feb. 8th.....obviously they get copies of the game before hand but i have a feeling re:4 is gonna end up reviewed in the march issue as game of the month heheh

it is definitely a good game, just has its annoyances every now and then

JToTheP
Assignment Ada wasn't a bad twist, aside from Ada blowing period, I just hope they elaborate on Ada being around period more in the Ps2 version, so I can read in a plot analysis, because she was hardly around at all.

I have 2 gripes with Mercenary Mode:

Leon has no Magnum at all. What the HELL!? He should have the Blacktail, Riot Gun, and Broken Butterfly, ATLEAST! I can't get 5 stars in Waterworld with only the Riot Gun to kill the duel-bladed chainsaw guy!

Wesker has no weapon with a spread at all. Wesker's handgun, sure, it decapitates, and the Killer7, of course it does it's job, but that 2 seconds it takes a grenade to blow up, you could get your ass kicked.

Samas-adian
Yeah, that would be cool. Also, if your playing Ada, and you actually see Leon. So it would be kinda of like watching yourself playing.
They dont pull things out of thier ass. They take thier weapons from their belts.

dark1365
lol

ZomBiE_HunTER
Leon gets a broken butterfly at waterworld i nevered knew that Im trying to get Krauser at the castle.

Diesel fan
Wahts the game like is it git gory

JToTheP
I'd like to know WHERE. Or else I'll never survive it!

I also am still having great difficulty with Wesker & Hunk.

Ada, the only trouble I am having is Waterworld, since the Chainsaw guy isn't affected by the Auto rifle, and I don't have enough room to unload the TMP without getting decapitated.

JToTheP
I've NEVER seen this, and also, once again, if some of you pass the village, you'll know there is either 20, or more character/creature models in the entire game. I've NEVER unloaded an entire clip into a villager, or plaga's head, you either can't aim, or need to upgrade your weapons a bit I think. Anyone who has beaten the game has NEVER complained about character models.

The camera angle IS groundbreaking, where have you been? Capcom is the first company to do this, and with the huge success from the gameplay alone, every company will try to copy them, and come close, but still fail. The villagers ARE NOT basically zombies, jesus. The only zombie related thing they do is, occationally try to grab you, otherwise their to busy whipping axes, slashing pitchforks, stabbing butcher knives, trying to throw TNT at you, or grab you from the front or back. I don't know where you would of gotten the comment from about pulling a weapon out of their ass. I've also never shot a villager in the head, and if he/she wasn't decapitated, they never tried to grab an axe from their BELT behind them, they try to grab me, thus making me have to kick the headless corpse off me, or the Las Plaga comes out of their neck after a few seconds.

I think you need to look at the facts more a bit dude.

Diesel fan
Can sum 1 please tell me what the game is like and can ya get it for XBOX

Havoc470
omg, did you not read my post, i said i wasnt complaining i just thought it was funny...and maybe you noticed from peoples different experiences that the game adjusts to how you play it which pretty much differs from person to person, so maybe it didnt happen to you but it definitely happened to me

Havoc470
i said it was groundbreaking for its genre, very much like the fighting system in mark of kri was groundbreaking for its genre, of course other companies are gonna try and mimic it, that could be said about anything movie, music, or game related, from what i have played in the game they still move with their head blown off, and a few have even shaken me with their head blown clean off and no las plaga coming out of their neck, the rest about the zombies were MY OPINION because it was MY POST and MY THOUGHTS so no matter what you say, they're just enhanced zombies to me, smart enough to pick up weapons and trick you....but i guess they arent smart enough to pull triggers heheh

just chill out dude, youre defending it as if every opinion i say kills a capcom employee or something........oh yeah, and the "pulling a weapon out of his ass" comment was just messing around, i thought it was pretty obvious...although their weapons look like theyre covered in **** O_O....j/k lol

Samas-adian
I dont think Resident Evil 4 is groundbreaking. Alot of 3 person games have that type of camera. But what Resident Evil 4 does is that its a kick ass game and they used technology to make a brillant game. Its not original at all, but it stilll is one the best games made.

ZomBiE_HunTER
Its groundbreaking for the RE series and I really havent seen a 3 person game that zooms in when you're shooting somebody.

Samas-adian
Of the top of my head, no. Most shooters have a built in zoom. It might not be for 3rd person presepective. Buts its not groundbreaking.

ZomBiE_HunTER
Well I was talking about 3 person.And in my opinion I think it is groundbreaking FOR THE SERIES.

JToTheP
It's groundbreaking for the SERIES, as well as a new possible view companies may want to use in 3rd person shooters. I've had PLENTY of zoom myself, between headless villagers, walking up to me, aimlessly, with blood squirting out of their neck, only to be blown to shit by the next shotgun shell I fired. So yes, it's groundbreaking for the SERIES, as well as a possible new angle companies may want to use in 3rd person shooters. I think it IS EXTREMELY original, I usually hate 3rd person shooter camera angles, but if they tried to use RE4's, I probably may be able to enjoy them more.

I also feel that since it's clear...*spoilers if you didn't beat the game, and Assignment Ada*

If RE5 ISN'T a prequal game, and takes place AFTER RE4, that since Wesker is using the Plaga Parasite to restore Umbrella. I'd rather NOT see the zombies return, if they must bring back a creature from the past RE's, I'd want every standard enemy to be a Crimson Head. We know zombies would be an absolute joke with this camera angle, but Crimson Heads were nearly as vicious as the villagers in REmake. Maybe they could withstand multiple headshots from handguns, since they probably won't be dodging bullets. This is just me though, but that is what I feel, since they did such an amazing job at the enemy variation/creation in RE4. I feel if RE5 is a sequal to 4, and Umbrella IS back, make the standard enemies Crimson Heads, as well of course revive some old enemies, Hunters, Lickers, etc.

batmanbat
Hell yes it will, are u stupid or somethin
One of the best games ever

Elektra_lover
I've never played a RE game, but I'm wondering is Alice from the movies in any of the games?

ZomBiE_HunTER
No

JToTheP
I just got the Handcannon from Mercenary mode, after countless failures, and strategizing for each characters limitations. I now have unlocked the Infinite Launcher, Chicago Typewriter, Matilda, and the Handcannon. If there are any other weapons I need to unlock, I'm sure a second playthrough of Normal will solve that. big grin

Havoc470
it is a new camera angle, its the first to go over the shoulder then zoom in to get a sense of personal space, the type of zoom in they used was from chronicles of riddick: escape from butcher bay, so yeah the zoom in has never been used by a 3rd person shooter, but its a great thing to use when you want the player to feel a sense of personal space, definitely groundbreaking, not only for the series but the whole survival/horror genre, if other people are to use this camera (which im sure some will) i hope they institute movement while shooting heheh, it would kinda add a much faster pace to the action

SaTsuJiN
got it yesterday and Im lovin it up thumb up thumb up

ZomBiE_HunTER
How did you do it? eek! eek! eek! I need your help

JToTheP
Get 5 stars on every stage, with all 5 characters. It took alot of strategy but I survived. I also got 123,230 with Wesker on the Castle.

dean7879
brilliant game

SaTsuJiN
lmao
http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2005/20050114l.jpg

and another

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/images/050117.jpg

Smasandian
That's gotta to be the funniest thing I've read in along time. It' soo true.

Dark_Psylocke
lmao, that was so fun. You've got to admit, the merchant always appears in the strangest places

Thoma5
I tought Alice is frm Re2?I remember when i play RE2,i saw Alice this character...Too bad i dun had game cude or else i sure play RE4=(

jaden101
i cannot....for the god damned life of me...get a hold of this game from anywhere...sold out everywhere in town...virgin...hmv...game...even all the superstores and electrical stores on the outskirts of town are sold out

ZomBiE_HunTER
Damn that must suck.

ChickinMeat
i believe that girl you have to rescue in it got direct character influence from heather from silent hill 3, i made a picture.

resemblance no? you cant see it so well in that pic, but heather also has a bright orange big collar jumper on.

savagerampage
The knife fight between leon and krauser is the one of the best things i have seen in a video game.

ChickinMeat
at last, us PS2 owners will get a chance to play this october, huzzah!

Smasandian
Yeah, but the graphics are probably not as good as the GC's version. Especially in this game were graphics make a huge part of the game.

ChickinMeat
looking at the magazine shots, it doesnt actually look that bad.

Smasandian
Really, its almost impossible to be as good as the GC's version unless the GC's version was totally programmed to its fullest.
Screenshots are always lacklustre, they dont show some of the details that could be around. For example, the textures could be somewhat blurry in the background.

ChickinMeat
yeah thats very true, and it wont be as good as GC because of hardware, but to me, if the background textures are a bit blurry, it wont bother me, the gameplay should be the same, so thats the main thing.

Thael
Originally posted by savagerampage
The knife fight between leon and krauser is the one of the best things i have seen in a video game.

I love the fact that its not just a normal cut-scene and you have to press buttons at crucial moments, have you seen the knife go into Leon's cavity yet?

I, personally think this is one of the most atmospheric and well designed games ever, even more so than Doom 3! (I have that on X-Box too.)

I went out and brought a GameCube just to play this game, and if anyone else is considering doing the same, I say this;

tootDO IT, AND DO IT NOW! YOU WON'T REGRET IT!toot

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>