Obi-Wan, Yoda, and Anakin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Revan
Okay this has probably already been discussed in another thread but I haven't seen it sooooo I'm posting it again. Anyways... In the OT, Obi-Wan tells Luke that he was trained by Yoda. But in ep. I, we learn that Obi-Wan's mentor was Qui-Gonn. WTF was GL thinking?

godfather
Yoda trains everybody when they are kids, so technically he did have trainng by Yoda, he did't say that yoda was is mentor.

mephistodesigns
And that's all folks! laughing

Dirty Vader
yup, yup!

yerssot
and closing wink

Darth Revan
I thought about that, but GL really implies that Yoda was his mentor. I think you're right though.

yerssot
he didn't, he said that Yoda instructed him, people automaticly thought before TPM and AOTC that Yoda was his master the entire time

mephistodesigns
everyone needs to realize that Kenobi never really tells people things literally. he always vague. there was no reason to get into the whole jedi order and explain it to Luke, and distract him. he told Luke all that Luke needed to know. And to be fair, Yoda still teaches the Jedi, Kenobi goes to him for advice often, they even showed it in the movies. Learning is a life long process boys and girls.

The more you know! wink

finti
and the fact that at the time of ESB George probably ment Yoda to have been Obi Wans teacher

Dirty Vader
Yes, thats probably it. But lets stick to a star wars point of view, yes?

Darth Revan
Good point.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.