Love

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

baktash
If you are a guy and in love and want to know if your love is true love then this is for ya.

Its true love if,

You love her not her body or her face

You always think about her

your heart ache and break when when she is sad

You make all your decisions keeping her in mind

You have no interest in others who would normally attract you.

You never lie to her

You never keep anything secret from her

You never say no if she asks you to do something

You see her in your dreams

Whatever she says becomes law for you

It actually feels like your feelings are physically coming from your heart

you consider everything she says right even if she says milk is black

You see her with all her imperfections, yet know she is perfect for you.

If ALL statements above are true without the exceptions , your love is also true

So finally a simple definition of true love is when you care enough about another person that you would lay down your life and die for her/him

Ushgarak
Errr, no, that is what I would call obsession...

"You never say no if she asks you to do something "

That is not REMOTELY to do with love!

"Whatever she says becomes law for you "

OMG, anyone who believes THAT is love needs help...

You seem to be describing emotional enslavery!

Matrix_man
laughing out loud

badkittykitty
maybe being in true love is different for everyone. I agree with ush on a few of these things in your list,nothing no one says but me,the cops and god himself are laws for me,if the person I am in love with starts ordering me around and tells me the sun is the moon and expect me to adhere,I wipe the star dust out of my eyes real fast.

.:[Kamikaze]:.
yeh i agree

oh btw nice pic of sharukh big grin baktash

Dexx
"your heart ache and break when when she is sad " ..actually..no...you could actually be a tad happy because you can get your ass to some use by providing confort smile

"You see her in your dreams "
unfortunately dreams are from the unconscient...can't controll those...sorry

baktash
you confused man you dont know nothing about love. you are child actually...dont bring an action against someone oki....

nazgulinthedark
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/confused1.gif

silver_tears
ush i thought it was sweet stick out tongue

Dexx
who, meee? erm

yerssot
well, if backtash thinks that's love, don't go braking it

baktash
yes, you

Fire
baktash I have to agree with ush, that does sound obsessive.

However I understand how you came to think that, cause that USED to be my idea of true love as well. but then again, that kind of love aint healthy and isn't realistic

Maelstrom
if love makes me a slave then im a slave. Love is not being afraid of being made.

mechmoggy
Thats some freaky kind of love! eek!

True lovers respect each others opinions but don't try to change them. Anyone who tries to impose their beliefs on you does not truly love you for who you are.

J_To_The_P
Ush, you say that because your not in love, or have no idea what love is, so I suggest you don't call anything obsession. roll eyes (sarcastic)

mechmoggy
How do you know he doesn't know what love is? confused

Fire
nice observation
and J to the P take it from someone who is in love and has a very good idea of what love is

that is not love that is obsession

Ppl who are in a relationship that is founded on mutual respect don't need to imposs "laws" upon one another, don't ask for totaly obediance or anything like that

actualy very few girls actualy like a guy who really does anything for them and always puts them first. They might like him as a friend but as a boyfriend most girls won't like it.

ivyem
wow, it seems like it, you are in love! love

chicken fish
guess im in love with my teacher then laughing

Julie
I'm not sure I agree with the never say no one.....sometimes you have to tell those you love "no"....such as things that would harm them

Storm
Does your heart ache and break when they're sad?
Then it's Love.

Are you attracted to others, but stay with them faithfully without regret?
Then it's Love.

Do you accept their faults because they're a part of who they are?
Then it's Love.

Do you cry for their pain, even when they're strong?
Then it's Love.

Do their eyes see your true heart, and touch your soul so deeply it hurts?
Then it's Love.

Do you stay because a blinding, incomprehensible mix of pain and elation pulls you close and holds you?
Then it's Love.
Love is being honest with yourself at all times, being honest with the other person at all times, telling, listening, respecting the truth and never pretending. Love is an understanding so complete that you feel as if you are a part of the other person.

Love is the freedom to pursue your own desires while sharing your experiences with the other person, the growth of one individual alongside of and together with the growth of another individual.

Love is giving and taking in a daily situation, being patient with each other's needs and desires.

Love is the fury of the storm, the calm in the rainbow.

Fire
nicely said big grin

thorncrawler
i find that you know it love once they've gone and you want them back!

Ushgarak
Once you get out the nursery and into real life, JP, then someone might have actually had any respect for your opinion; you will note that is not so.

The very fact that I HAVE been in love is WHY I knew that was not so- as do the others on this board who have so been.

.:[Kamikaze]:.
yuppers i totally agree big grin

Fitch
Fire is a lucky man ! big grin

Fire
I know Fitch I know big grin

el_barto
i think true love is found when u can look into he/she eyes and u can se that he/she is looking at u with care and love

Fitch
I just hate chicks that hit on you because they need something off you.......unless they look too good to be rejected evil face

Stovenutts
yea i loooove that feeling u get when u just look into her eyes and shes looking right back with the same feelings u have.

Fire
go Fitch, nice way of thinking

Difrycheulyd
God....a male just said that *passes out* stick out tongue

Difrycheulyd
Love is nothing more nor less than the desire to do anything within your power to make another person happy and to care deeply about their wellbeing, whilst expecting nothing in return.

Anything else is probably lust or business.

MadKowDZs
Hehe. Pow pow power wheels.

kayleigh104
omg that's a beautiful description smile

Cyclops
Has this been done yet?

Anywas, talk about it. Let loose the frustrations, the horror stories, and perhaps the tales of triumph that you have.

cLoVi€
love is a lie.

Cyclops
Wow. Strong words, Clovie. Any reasons as to why you would say that/

Arahael
Love is the most wonderful and depressing emotion in the world. It's like a drug. It lifts you up and then brings you crashing down.

cLoVi€
th real love happens very seldom.
and everything that can happen to me is a lie.

i do not believe in love, sowwie.

Cyclops
"Love can and probably will bring as much sorrow as it did joy. But, that joy that it brought... well, it is worth it in my eyes."

-Jolee Bindo
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

...well, it is not the EXACT quote, but it is something close to it.

cLoVi€
blink words of wisdom?

Arahael
"Love is one of the strongest of human emotions."

cLoVi€
"want you die tonight for love?"

Darth Revan
as TinyTim would say, "sometimes love seems like just a biological urge. Other times it seems like a spiritual quality."

Arahael
Yes

Cyclops
Clovie, all the heartache and heartbreak you got through, those are learning experiences. Those happen so you can avoid making those mistakes (and perhaps so the other person involved is learning as well.)

Would they all be worth it for 'love?'

Arahael
Undoubtedly

cLoVi€
no.

Arahael
Love makes people crazy and not themselves

cLoVi€
it is better not to love than to suffer coz of it.

Cyclops
They are themselves, just a side they did not know about.

WindDancer
Yes!

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=8906&highlight=love

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=2224&highlight=love

cLoVi€
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Cyclops
Sorry.

CAN SOMEBODY MERGE PLEASE?

Arahael
I would never take back all the experiences I've had involving love. I had my share o fpain as well, but I survived.

pixie1
love is difficult and you need to work @ it constantly

Cyclops
We all do.

And very well said, Pix. Love takes much time, effort, and compromise.

cLoVi€
no comments.

Cyclops
Clovie...

I love YOU!

Arahael
But Cyclops I love you! love

cLoVi€
sure.

Arahael
It's true, on both accounts.

Cyclops
love

Arahael
Thank You.

pixie1
yer but too much compramise is bad bcoz you end up rezenting you partner becoz he/she has caused you to give up too much

Arahael
You know what Clovie? I'm not like that or anything, but I love you too!

pixie1
wot about me sad
i love you too

Arahael
I love you too Pixie!

Cyclops
Group hug!

groupgroup

pixie1
yay i love you

cLoVi€
confused

ok i luv ya too.
(what does not mean i believe in love generally stick out tongue )

Arahael
That's cool

cLoVi€
shifty is it?

pixie1
yay huggs

Arahael
Yeah, it is cool actually.

cLoVi€
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Arahael
I'm offering luv all around! love

yerssot
seeing page 2, perhaps this should be in OTF?

Arahael
What is OTF?

Cyclops
Why? General Discussion of 'LOVE'

Why not in the 'General Discussion Forum?"

P.S. OTF= Off-Topic Forum

cLoVi€
moving happy

of ftopic forum. yes

oh yerssot. as always so kind.

Arahael
Right.

yerssot
cyclops, from this post down: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1677270

GDF isn't about ... "no comment" "yes" "love you" and "ok" or whatever as a respond

stuff the sarcasm clovie, seriously

Arahael
You don't have to be so freakin' mean. Holy crap!

yerssot
if you think that is mean, I take you haven't been outside your house since you were born? confused

cLoVi€
i'm sorry.

Cyclops
You last comment, yerssot.

That was actually kind of funny, but true, which is sad.

yerssot
instead of this, can we go ONtopic? with serious replies?

Arahael
I could say something incredibly meaner than that, but I could get in trouble. I wasn't born yesterday, but I do have some respect for other people, you *****.

Arahael
If certain people cna quite insulting other people.

yerssot
djee, would it be so hard to behave?
good, you can use swearwords, now get ontopic roll eyes (sarcastic)

Arahael
Fine. What are you opinions about love?

Cyclops
Love is dangerous. You risk a lot.

Love without fear.

Arahael
That's my philosophy.

Cyclops
But to love without fear is letting down all of your defenses. That is far too difficult to do sometimes.

kimahri03
i would never know never had a girl sad

Arahael
When you say had do you mean in a deeply personal relationship, or "had?"

Devalion
Love is a word that is used far to often and for the wrong reasons.

big gay kirk
Falling in love is a mating instinct.... Love is a herd-protection instinct... nothing more and nothing less.... If I fall in love with someone I know I will never have a "proper" relationship with them... I never fell in love with my ex-wife, even though (at the time ) I loved her... i have fallen in love four times in my whole life... the first time ended in schizophrenia, the second with rejection due to inaction, the third fizzled out because although (apparently) she felt the same she was too scared to do anything about it in case she ended up hurt, and the fourth... well, the less said the better, except that I very nearly lost a very good friend, and i'm really surprised that she still has any contact with me... so I now look at love in a purely scientific way.... its less complicated and easier t understand...

big gay kirk
Also, I think that we are all confused by the fact that the word "love " covers so many different things... theinuit have many words for love, with different words for "the love of a father for a daughter," "the love of a man for his wife," the love of a woman for her female friend," and so on... a lot easier for everyone....

Jade Tiger
I believe that love can be whatever we allow it to be. Love is different for each individual. Love can consume every thought, every breath if we let it. Love is what we make of it and who we make it with. I believe that love is the most precious gift that we have been given. It can can cause us so much pain at times, making us to believe that there is no other option, but to give up or look for it somewhere else. Yet, it is love, and our experiences with love that help us to grow and become more aware of what it is to us, allowing us to share it with those around us.

Fire
Love is the most powerful emotion there is, it can lift you up higher than the sun and it can make you do things you could never do otherwise. It controls a lot of other feelings and will guide all your actions when you have it.

Without love the world is cold and dark.

Line
Falling in love is also a projection. You project something from yourself unto another person, thus not really carring for that person as an individual, but as a part of yourself. Falling in love is actually a very selfish thing, where loving is something quite different.

Cyclops
The is no such thing as a selfless act. No matter what you do, there is always something in it for you. No matter how small that is, it is still more reasoning to do... whatever it is you did.

However, you made a very good point with Falling being Selfish and Loving being different.

Line
I agree, though this is a rather big subject which easily gets very very philosophical.
Still, I think there's a difference between a selfish act and an act that isn't selfless. Falling in love is a very personal 'project'. For the period of time you're in love, you see that beloved person as the ultimate truth about yourself. That person becomes the centre of your world. You desire this person, rarely for the person him/herself, but for what you see in him/her that reminds you of yourself or of something you'd wish you yourself had. Falling in love is therefore something concentrated almost solely about you, not the beloved, which is why I called it selfish. It's your project.
Another act may involve something which will benefit you, but still you're not completely blinded by a personal desire and can therefore see other people 'clearly', so to say, and act in a way that'll help or just please them, thus caring for their 'projects' as well.

ScottsLover
i dont get how 10-16 year olds go out with others...not like anything is going to happen in the future, like say marriage? im 14 and been asked out before but i refuse to say yes.

Line
Why? Even though you have no intentions of getting married, going out with someone can be an experience.

Cyclops
It is the experience of a relationship. How can you be a 21 year old that wants to get married and have little to no experience in relationships and expect said marriage to be successful?

They are getting necessary relationship experience. Learning how it functions, and somewhat the effort that must be put forth.

Line
Indeed - and then of course it's good fun wink

Cyclops
That too! big grin

Cheeky monkey
Love is a *****

Cyclops
Doesnt have to be

Line
You need to explain ...

Cyclops
Love has received such a bad image over the last 20 years or so. There are far too many teenagers abusing the word love. Far too many couples getting divorced. The divorce rate is horrific.

cLoVi€
in my opinion:

love is a b!tch. confused

Fallen Jedi
love is a great feeling, but confusing as hell.

Cyclops
It is just too hard to accept that another person can whole-heartedly care for you.

There are too many risks involved, and it is very difficult to accept that another is willing to love you back.

Fallen Jedi
what happens if you're in love with someone you know you shouldn't be?

Darth_Midal
I am married as at least one person here knows and take it from me love is the most rewarding and chalenging of things to experience. Sometimes while you are in love you will go through great pain, pain like none other. But all the pain in the world is worth it for a passing in the hall way that makes you just melt inside. It is a great and wonderful journey that all feel at some point in there lives it is as Smith says Innevitable and the deepest of things. True love does take a lot of work with the right person but it does exist. but believe me the hard times are rewarded ten fold with good times and battleing a task together is an even sweeter challenge than battleing some thing alone

Darth_Midal
you can't help who you love

Fallen Jedi
yeah, i know. that's why i'm so confused right now.

Cyclops
You may need to explain more.

There are two answers, and I dont know which one is going to be of better assistance.

Fallen Jedi
i really can't go into detail, but his situation is complicted.

Darth_Midal
give non specific details like what person is like if has gf things like that not the whole story but pieces

Fallen Jedi
he's older than me...he's kind of involved with someone right now...

Line
Doesn't sound good. I'm just picking up the pieces of a very good friend who got involved with such a guy. Don't do anything till he's free on the market, otherwise you may be in for a severe emotional beating.

Line
Why? You need to explain when saying such things.

Fallen Jedi
well, we really haven't done anything. just a lot of talking and hanging out.

Line
But you're in love?

Fallen Jedi
again, i really can't go into the details, but yeah, i think i am.

yerssot
than don't mention it again

Fallen Jedi
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Fallen Jedi
stick out tongue big grin

Cyclops
yerssot... laughing

How much older is this gentleman, FJ?

cLoVi€
confused i thought you don't know what is beneath *-sings stick out tongue

i'm not claiming anything

Line
You claimed love's a b!tch? But hell! You've got the right to mean that wink

Fallen Jedi
i'm 17 and he's a few years older...

Fallen Jedi
he's no longer in college if that helps any.

Cyclops
that really doesnt answer anything.

only_one_wing
love huh? felt it once never felt it again

Cyclops
That is kind of a shame, Only_One_Wing.

Phoenix
What is love? Is it just a word? A thought, an abstract feeling? Does love mean different things to different people? Do you love people in different ways? Can love be defined?

What does LOVE mean to you?

Mr Zero
Again subjective in the extreme. Love for parent, love for friend, love for pet, love of Ice-cream, I love those shoes on you, Jesus loves you.

Do all these things speak of the same love? no - since everyone uses the word to describe a multitude of feelings the chances of 2 people meaning the same thing at the same time are slim as hell.

Samurai Guy
It is not the word that matters, but the connection or feeling that it signifies.

-Somebody in the Matrix I think

silver_tears
The little girl's father yes

And I agree there are different degrees of love yes
But it all comes from the heart no? stick out tongue

big gay kirk
"love" is a group protection instinct, just as "falling in love" is a mating signal..... simple survival tools, nothing more or less.....

moonwalker741
" Love, love, you know what love is? Love is an illusion created by lawyer types like your self to perpetuate another illision called marriage to create the reality of divorce and then the illusionary need for divorce lawyers. "

- St. Elmo's Fire

smile

Papaumau
LOVE !

Love is the most powerful force in the universe !

Leaving platonic love aside for the moment as that is just a warm and cosy feeling....no more....

To be "in love" is scary...It is like being ill, in a pleasant way.

Love, ( sexual love ), is a feeling that takes you over and makes you into a slave. Your heart pounds, you feel pain like you have never felt before and when you see the object of that love you are unable to think, talk, breath, or function as you should. When you are in love you cannot eat, sleep, study, or communicate with other humans in any normal way.

The trouble is that THIS kind of love is very short-lived and easily killed when your lover lets you down or looks at another person or starts to tire of you.

If it is the kind of love that is to withstand the test of time it has to mutate into a different kind of love that is not so intense but that is more solid and equal in both directions.

Only after you have felt this kind of love can you speak about it .

In fact it is almost impossible to describe this kind of love as it is all inside the person.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>