**Spoiler**Can't post a title

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xeous
What was the significance of Neo being blinded?

burlyman
hah... we know hes blindfolded before we saw the film

xeous
Yeah but you don't know he's blind. Some might just think that it's way too easy and he wants a challenge.

burlyman
no.. we regulars knew that too.... smile

..mm, significance...

xeous
**Bump** answer the question McFly!

JediHDM
the significance is that, Neo must Neo must focus on the problem at hand, he must let go of Zion in order to save it...

Mordecai
It could be that he became blinded so that he could relise he actually had the ability to see the machines and such in that weird orange code which looked awesome.

Like if you go deaf your sight will get better and vice versa, except he has this extra ability, when in the "real world" he was too busy actually concentrating on his normal vision to notice this ability, or he wasn't ready to accept it.

Verity
I don't think there was any philosophical significance, if that's what ur asking!...Just Bane/Smith trying to mess him up! It did however allow Neo to have a clearer vision once he got to the machine city, and to wack Smith's head off! wink

priestjim
If he wasn't blind he wouldn't leave Trin. If he wasn't blind he would have seen the blue sky and he wouldn't want to die. After all, even though Neo is a hero, he had been an everyday guy and he had weaknesses!

The Omega

deen
Neo's being blind is significant to saints. the oracle made mention of it in Revolutions or the game..sorry cant remember...shes talking to someone and say 'why are so many saints blind'...i could b right but who knows?

CaptainInsano2
The blind thing is basically saying that he was confused before but now he sees clearly, he understands his purpose. Sort of Ironic.

Korri
i need hugs sad

rysdigital
the greek blind seer was called Tiresias, Omega, if u're referring to that.

JediHDM
and the story he was in, at least one of them, was Oedipus...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.