Anakin's Wounds in EP3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rustiswordz
I heard that anakin far from falling into a vat/pit of lava after his duel with Obi-Wan instead its rumoured that Obi Wan cuts his arms and legs off! WTF?

I really hope Lucas doesn't mess about with the 'history' of the Star wars saga too much. And i hope im wrong because i wont be able to watch the scene and not think 'Monty Python'

godfather

rustiswordz
Exactly, true Gl probby thinks , well its my fanchise after all.

Well there is also called 'the fans' i think he needs to take note.

(I hope that this is just one of those rumours generated with the intent to throw the fans of the sent of the real truth.)

Darth Jello
in ROJ, the people at ILM did a great job of detailig vader's skeleton and TFN has a great site exploring all of the injuries seen. with that in mind. anakin has to crash into a rock or hard surface of some kind during his tumble into the molten pit because according to that image, his shoulders are artificial, his back has support cables, and the cervical vertebrae (neck) are broken. In fact, the reason he couldn't move and could barely breath after palpatine's lightning assault. that means that his spinal chord is severed at C3, just like christopher reed and the prosthetic replaces it there. I guess it melted. so look for anakin hitting a rock directly with his neck and upper back

Darth Jello
christopher reeve, sorry

Lyn
Monty Python...HA!!! I love that!! Nice one rustiswordz!!
"It's just a scratch..."
"Just a scratch!! You're arm's off!!"
"I've had worse..."

laughing

rustiswordz
Monty Python: Arm/legless knight on the ground: Ill take all of you on, come back here and face me, b******s! Ill bite your ankles........

LOL laughing

Ushgarak
I just want to make it clear that it has NEVER been official, canonical history that Anakin/Vader fell into a lava pit. Never mind what the books say. It sill remains a major possibility but NOT a certainity.

GL will never pay any attention to what the books say when doing the films, so you may as well get used to that. That should have been self-evident already, seeing as the books say that Owen Lars was Obi-Wan's brother. Just junk it all.

The films have always been a seperate deal.

rustiswordz
Whoa what do we have here, someone who takes star wars a bit TOO seriously.

Lighten up.

mephistodesigns
HA HA! yeah, the only thing that EVER said Owen was Obi-wan's brother was the ROJ novel which was long before they watched the novels for continuity. Lucas at the time probably did think that. Then he decided to change it. EU always adapts to the changes GL makes. The old novelizations don't even measure up to the EU novels so I don't know anyone who takes them seriously. The fact that they said Lava pit doesn't literally mean lava either. There are plenty of factories or shipyards they could fight in that would have the same effect if you fell into say molten metal. It wasn't meant to be taken literally. Just something to give you an IDEA of the source of his major injuries.

finti
the real deal

Dirty Vader
There is no fake deal. Maybe for you there is, but not for every hard
core star wars fan. Both the movies and the EU are the real deal. Even
though the movies are the primary basis.

Dirty Vader
There is no fake deal. Maybe for you there is, but not for every hard
core star wars fan. Both the movies and the EU are the real deal. Even
though the movies are the primary basis.

finti
EU can never be the real deal, only one original

Darth Jello
fact remains that vader's wounds are consistant with falling a great distance and inhaling large quantities of volcanic ash, I think there's actually a name for it...volcanosis I believe. i'll agree to disagree and say that unless you've been reading hardcore spoilers (as I have), all we know is why vader is impaired, not how he was initially damaged (apart from the arm)

finti
well said

Lyn
laughing
*rolls around on floor, having uncontrollable bursts of laughter*
I LOVE THOSE MOVIES!! ((Not as much as SW but yeah...))

As for the topic...I can't say anything other than--I'll wait until 2005 to see what happens to him.

godfather

rustiswordz
That explains it! It wasnt Anakin who falls into the lava and becomes Darth Vader.

it was Jar Jar Dinks! He had his ears burnt off and his tounge ripped out and the Emperor thought, 'stuff Anakin! I found my Real Apprentice!'

Thus Darth Pointless was born. evil bumbling fool of a tyrant. people appease the Dark Lord not out of fear but just to be rid of the walking buffon before he causes another accident which killes 500,000 citizens.

Afterward in an interview in his heavily fortified Skywalker Ranch (fortified due to the numerous suicidal attacks from outraged Star Wars fans) George Lucas was quoted as saying: it is my money, my film i can do as i want. (as another mortar shell lands with the words 'stuf-u-George' scrawled in chalk on its casing!)

LOL

laughing

godfather
lol

vvvrulz
I reckon they should take a new angle, surprise us. Were all pretty much expecting Anakin to fall into a pit of lava. Maybe he got caught up in a nuclear reactor explosion, maybe he just got sliced and diced by Obi-Wan. But sadly, theyll do no such thing.

Dirty Vader
Episode III will be full of surprises good and bad, believe me.

nephalim27
For sure, with all the massive injuries Vader has, being more machine than flesh, he will be thought to be defeated for sure, or "die" in another manner...my guess is defeated. But who could beat him, Oby-Wan? I don't think so. Probably Yoda I would guess. POSSIBLY Dooku or another Sith, if there are any other Sith, and a long winded possibility of Windu (he does go out in a blaze of glory, that's official.)

Dirty Vader
no, Obi-Wan will defeat him, Dooku will be defeated by Anakin and Windu will be defeated by Sidious. That's my take on Episode III.

Darth Jello
well, with windu....not exactly

vvvrulz
Anakin should take both Windu and Dooku.

Darth Jello
he does, xcept palpy softens him up a bit first, its less of a duel and more of a choice that anakin has to make. he makes the wrong one...

vvvrulz
A mirror to luke's choice of finishing of vadar in ROTJ

Darth Jello
sort of, but anakin has simpathies to both and kills windu out of feelings of indignity after he doesn't get the respect he feels he deserves for killing dooku

mephistodesigns
you know, if your're putting spoilers up, don't you have to put that highlight thingy up? I don't care but somebody else might get pissed...

finti
good question mephistodesign

Darth Jello
sorry, i have amish tech skills

finti
so you use a ptich fork then

mephistodesigns
laughing

mephistodesigns
isn't amish "tech skills" an oxymoron?

rustiswordz
seems a alittle amish there? Happy Dance

finti
if I ever heard a contradiction stick out tongue

Darth Jello
yes, it is an oxymoron, now let us stop bashing the menninites and continue

Dirty Vader
Sad to say, but on supershadow's site, there are some pretty good fan
fiction stories and quite a few Episode III anticipated stories. Seriously,
they're quite good, its a shame that they're on his site though.

Darth Jello
one of mine is on there, its the ending of episode three

Rogue Jedi
amish technology begins and ends with a good solid hammer.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.