bad news :spoiler::

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

silentfaf
sauruman scenes in Rotk has been cut yup we wont c him the final instalment gonna go in the corner and sulk

read it here http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=16462

Exa
I also read something like that some weeks ago
Doesnt sound very nice but I think PJ will make another excellent film.

ilvorlandobloom
i agree w/ PJ that it wouldnt be a very good beginning of the movie. but it shouldve been at the end of TT. that wouldve been perfect. or they at leadt shouldve put it in the extended TT, not extended ROTK. now all the non-readers wont know what happens to Saruman.

mah
Kinda sad, and interesting to see if this is 100% true, but it won't make or break the movie anyway.

BingaBonga
i actually thought pj did a good job of ending the towers movie, because if he didn't end it there it would have been another 45 minutes for another good stopping point, and there isn't enough time... but the good thing is is that rotk will be 31 minutes longer that towers, so that sets it at 3 hours and 30 minutes... 1 month, 1 week, and 2 days left till rotk comes to theater... waiting....waiting....waiting...

Exa
The best would simply be to let him die in the shire

sauron
yeah but i wouldnt be best pleased after seeing a big battle to see some mudgets arrowing down ruffians

fitting ending for the book, not 4 the movie

anti climax ya see

drunk_nazgul
Man, I wish there were actually a director who actually went by the book... When I become one, I'll always do it by the book...

Smodden
books are totaly diferent from movies, you just can't have everything from the book in the movie than it would be a bad movie. pj knows what he's doin'

anyway drunk nazgul, i'm gonna be a director too. maybee we'll make the silmarilion movie. interested?

sux about saruman i do agree.

BingaBonga
Yeah, i see what you're saying, but there is only so much time allowed in a movie before the majority of the people watching the movie gets antsy, but i wouldn't... big grin but i'll look forward to seeing your movies! wink

Ariadne
I agree with Exa that the best thing would just be to keep the Scouring of the Shire, because I think that that just kind of makes the story complete (and the Shire after all the big people are gone is even cooler than before). And while I wouldn't have been happy with some other weird death for Saruman, I wish that they had put something. Oh well. It'll still be a great movie.

BingaBonga
i know! i was really looking forward to seeing that, oh well, it'll still be such an awesome movie... i can't wait.... yet i am... waiting....waiting....

Altar[1stONE]
I pray to god they have the scene of the infamous mouth of sauron .

nazgulinthedark
no sauroman? sad

Smodden
to mee the scourging of the shire always seemed like a diferent story apart from everything else i know it ties in with everything but i think it would make a good movie by itself. : "The Scourging of the Shire"-directed by Smodden.

mah
smodden is correct. actually; I don't want to se the scourging of the shire in any movie, it should be forgotten and lost like it deserves.

fini
laughing out loud mah..............yeah for a book its ok...........but it was kinda irritating to know that the story wasn't done.
So it was a good decission made by the production crew to cut it out............just like the Tom Bobadill section for FOTR

vvvrulz
Thats crazy, he played a major part in the last chapters. This is what i feared. Editing.

Exa
At least we will see a bit on the Extended sad

turin
i actually read a report that the death of saruman will be in the ext dvd and that the scene might be changed to match the books more. dont know how but that would be sweet.

i am pretty sure the mouth of sauron is in the movie since he is in the game.

Exa
Yep I also read we'll see him on the Extended.

I hope so - especially as there is already someone known who is said to be the actor wink

nephalim27
That doesn't make sense. How do they get the palantir then? They're a picture in the RotK book with Pippin AND one with Aragorn having it! They could take 10 minutes TOPS to show his death, otherwise they'll have to take more than 10 explaining themselves...

turin
true, i heard it was like only an 8 minute segment that was removed. it will be interesting to see how they explain it.

Exa
Youre right, thats strange confused

burlyman
sad i saw this on newsround sad

silentfaf
not really i think thre gonna make us assume that saurmon was destroyed n start it at isenguard wit them obtaing the plantir at begining of movie the nsetting off

BingaBonga
nah... he's in the rotk... i've seen pics of him..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.