X-Men 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LanceWindu
Does anyone know if they are making a sequal to the hit movie X-Men?

I am a huge fan of the X-Men comics and even the cartoon series. I would love if they made the next movie even better. Like adding the Yellow Spandex. And Rogue as an adult with her flying. And adding Nightcrawler.

Any thoughts?

Texas
Yup there making a sequel, you can read about it here: http://upcomingmovies.com/xmen2.html

Yellow Spandex? Sounds like something I'd wear laughing out loud

ToMacco
Who knows? They will make a sequel to any movie that makes money, so they probably will.

I never saw the first one. I don't understand the concept. People mutating and controling the weather? What the hell is that all about?

"Throw me a frikin' bone here!"

King Jedi
The first time I saw it I thought it was great but the more I see it the less I like it.

LanceWindu
Well you have to read the comic books to understand it. It's set in the future where people are evolving into a new stage of life.

Texas
Yeah, what Lance said big grin

Viseus
Yes, there's definitely a sequel coming. That was director Bryan Singer's plan all along. Allthough the sequel(s) relied on the first one's success, it's not merely a matter of sucking more money out of the movie through a followup. Maybe we'll even get a true trilogy, and indeed, the first movie was more like the beginning of a greater story, with lots of loose ends.

As for the concept, yeah, you should have read the comics, allthough a lot was changed when the characters was brought to the big screen. Too much if you ask me. I was a great fan of the comics as a kid, with the original Claremont & Byrne stories. It was great, despite the terrible misconceptions about what mutation and evolution actually is. Simply put, it's about people with superpowers, good vs. evil, along with some xenophobia from the politicians and the general populace.

I'm not sure where you got that "controlling the weather" thing from, that's not really important to the concept in any way. And I don't think it's actually set in the future either. At least the comics weren't. If the movie is supposed to be, it's only a matter of a few years. However, the Sentinel storyline which appears to be the most likely base for the next movie, was set several decades into the future, with a bit of good old-fashioned time-travel to connect it to the present. It'll be interesting to see how this turns out.

yerssot
The weather control probably comes from the one of the animated cartoons the one in the white with white hair. Was it Storm?

Viseus
Yes, Storm's superpower is control of the weather. But she's just one of a whole bunch of characters (and one of the most poorly casted ones).

LanceWindu
In response to Viseus:

If you watch the movie it states in the not to distant future. So it is in the future, but like you said ony by a few years.

ToMacco
Well, to quote Bob Dylan "Don't critize what you can't understand." So I'll just keep out of XMen talks.

yerssot
screams like Timon in The Lion King:
Let me in, let me in !!!!

Augeybana
Another dead thread that hasn't been deleted.

Nightcrawler
lol ya. and ya im pretty sure they're makin a sequel wink

Cannonball
yeah I think they MIGHT be making a sequal to X-Men, lol!

This thread should be deleted.

VållèjºKîd707
This thread is more than 2 years old, people didnt know about the sequel.

Abbita
what the hell? who brought this back?!?!

ÞÁØlå
let's all burn who did it shifty

Cannonball
Sorry guys. I did realise it was real old. I just did it for a joke which turned out to be unfunny, sorry.

ÞÁØlå
it's not no
reading old threads when you have nothing to do is..... fun yes

Shadow_King
x-men 2 was way better than X1

Princess Re
yeah...it was ......lol like my sig?

Shadow_King
yea its ok. but cant you thier are way better pics on jean then that one arent there???

Princess Re
i guess.......but i couldn't find any that was the right size for a sig sad

Shadow_King
oh that sucks

Shadow_King
and i dont like the quote that much

Princess Re
wut ever

Cannonball
just re-size one

Clovie
or ask someone to make sth special for ya.

G.P

turboman1691
does anyone else get the feeling that in X-2 the scene where Mags hands pyro back his lighter was supposed to have a "michaelangelo: God and Adam" feel?"

X-Menfan87
Raise of Hands?
*I say as I shoot my hand up*
ME!

turboman1691
cool. I just didn't know if I was the only to get that out of it. I also thought the scene when he breaks out of prison had a godly feel for two reasons
1. they had angelic music playing in the background
2. the two remaining metal balls were going around him in elipical shapes: the shape that everything in the heavens move in.

I just thought it was cool that they mad him look godly in a few different ways.

X-Woman
why is this thread still here?!!

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by X-Woman
why is this thread still here?!!

Because somebody had something to say about X-Men 2, I suppose.

X-Woman
i meant to say "wow this is still here". not being mean or anything. stick out tongue

turboman1691
sorry didn't mean to resurrect something that had been dead for so long. Just had that bit of trivia I was wondering if anyone else had picked up on.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.